Duke4.net Forums: Trequonia mod [RELEASED] - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

View PostPolunka, on 29 August 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Attachment #4: Here's a computer pad that can either crush you in level's geometry or warp you outside the cluster path in the computer puzzle area (the latter case can be cured with the DNCLIP cheat). At least that happened to me on my first playthrough, and now the game did it to me again. I'm not sure why no one has reported this yet. Probably that's ever happened only in my case. Anyway, looking into Mapster, there's something not right with teleporter and destination sector effectors, like they're kinda misplaced or sth. But the technical part is left to you.

Also I'd like to report a boss slayer problem. Seems that Morphling's and Powerglove's slayers don't tell the player what weapons they apply to. At least they didn't in my case.

That's everything I've found to this moment. Will play further soon. If I find anything else, wait for another report.

I've been victim of that bug but I was thinking it was because I wasn't correctly placed on the pad O_o
Since I'm not a mapper I could imagine it was because of what you've said ^^

As for boss slayers I've also been a victim of that but only from the beginning up to the PowerGlove (and yet I found its slayer only after the boss (so frustrated)), ever since the PowerGlove it always told me what weapon it worked with >_>

User is offline   Polunka 

Have overwritten my savefile by accident. Fortunately, I had max ammo for every weapon (and every of those weapons as well) which allows me to use DNWEAPONS. Unfortunately, now I gotta noclip through every level where I'd found any addons or items up to level 7 to fully resume my progress. :)

I am stuck at The Core ... I have found a switch that unlocks a yellow door in a violet corridor with a multicolor square on one side and a violet wall on the other side BUT I can't find any door that fits this description O_o

Also I have found and used a yellow keycard which made me use a switch that removes a forcefield somewhere but I can't find anything either (the screen next to this switch also showed a violet corridor with a grey enforcer but I can't find that either)

A little help please ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Pic 1 has one 32767, I put it closer. sector near frozen waterfall.

As for pic 2, made a mistake, now fixed that suppose to open a horizontal energy tube to the weapon.

as for pic 3 I will look into it

for pic 4, never had issues but slightly altered it incase it occurs again.

powerglove and boss 3 I fixed it

all for v2

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 30 August 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

I am stuck at The Core ... I have found a switch that unlocks a yellow door in a violet corridor with a multicolor square on one side and a violet wall on the other side BUT I can't find any door that fits this description O_o

Also I have found and used a yellow keycard which made me use a switch that removes a forcefield somewhere but I can't find anything either (the screen next to this switch also showed a violet corridor with a grey enforcer but I can't find that either)

A little help please ?

did you check the places with a pic and rising platforms like level 7?
and or other place where you go up the small room with platforms and a shield in the way and I think has little holes in the wall that you see the room with a pit next to it?
(incase u disabled the shield)

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

did you check the places with a pic and rising platforms like level 7?
and or other place where you go up the small room with platforms and a shield in the way and I think has little holes in the wall that you see the room with a pit next to it?
(incase u disabled the shield)

Well this is going to be the most spoiling post ever >_>
I wanted to PM you but I can't insert images from my PC :)

Spoiler

I believe there might be a mistake somewhere because like I said in the spoiler it feels like there are 2 switches that disable the same forcefield, or maybe it's the 2 screens showing the same thing while the switches do something different ... or both ?

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

Pic 1 has one 32767, I put it closer. sector near frozen waterfall.

That picture was made in E4L14 (first secret level), I wasn't talking about E4L1.
Looks like you forgot to remove the lotag 32767 from that sector after copying the first level and pasting it into the secret level, thus making an unreachable and pointless secret. That's what I was trying to imply. In case I'm getting your message correctly.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 30 August 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

I believe there might be a mistake somewhere because like I said in the spoiler it feels like there are 2 switches that disable the same forcefield, or maybe it's the 2 screens showing the same thing while the switches do something different ... or both ?

That force field is actually 2 in 1. You gotta deactivate it by pressing both switches (in case you're talking about the force field in the hub area).

Also I admit I haven't read your post fully (and ain't going to, excessive laziness is to blame), just the part I've quoted in this reply.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostPolunka, on 30 August 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

That force field is actually 2 in 1. You gotta deactivate it by pressing both switches (in case you're talking about the force field in the hub area).

Also I admit I haven't read your post fully (and ain't going to, excessive laziness is to blame), just the part I've quoted in this reply.

Yes it is the forcefield from the first pic, in the big open area with square stairs and TONS OF DOORS ! Calling it a Hub is quite fitting actually ^^

I never realized that it required the 2 switches to be disabled ... Thanks to you that's at least one thing that I understand now >_>
And indirectly you've made me eager to find the last secret I miss in the first level ^^;

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Yellow locked access was updated to a red for v2.

as for you looking for swich
other switch for shield that ure looking for is in the room NEAR the room with a desk and several computers and a wooden table. has a vase near a mesh on the wall that you see a green lava room with platforms you jump on, room you disable green shield from switches.
the room you are looking for has a timer door you press the switch in the room with table and computer etc.
once you enter red door it has a small boss1 monster.

to get to the room you go by the large pit room with platforms that goes up and disappears

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

false secret in lv secret 1 was removed

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yellow locked access was updated to a red for v2.

as for you looking for swich
other switch for shield that ure looking for is in the room NEAR the room with a desk and several computers and a wooden table. has a vase near a mesh on the wall that you see a green lava room with platforms you jump on, room you disable green shield from switches.
the room you are looking for has a timer door you press the switch in the room with table and computer etc.
once you enter red door it has a small boss1 monster.

to get to the room you go by the large pit room with platforms that goes up and disappears

You mean this ? > Attached Image: duke0000.png
I have already been there ! It houses one of the switches in my screens (the very close up one). What troubles me the most is how/where to get to that yellow door with a small violet wall next to it (I saw none) and those places with the Enforcers.

I'm almost 40 minutes in-game time it's quite depressing, my progress had been so smooth and steady ever since the beginning of the game :)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

in the room with all those holes (pic to ur right).
2 switches
1 for red door
1 for shield

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

in the room with all those holes (pic tom ur right).
2 switches
1 for red door
1 for shield

I'm afraid I don't understand O_o Or we have a misunderstanding XD

My main problem is finding the yellow door shown on the camera I unlocked on the 3rd pic in my spoiler heavy post AND how to reach the places the camera shows on the 5th pic.

The shield you're talking about (that is if I have understand correctly) is already deactivated (according to Polunka I have shown the 2 switches that do that without knowing). This is the first 2 screens I posted in the spoiler. From here on I get stuck >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

pic in spoiler you press the switch inside and then goto door (yellow) below the bridge in the middle of the doorhub.
monsters spawns when you press stuff etc so mobs guide u to your destination, red shield in ;last pic is later part.
u pressed switch

now you goto yellow door above blue door at the beginning of the stairs from downstairs at doorhub
yellow door should be unlocked at the end of corridor.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

pic in spoiler you press the switch inside and then goto door (yellow) below the bridge in the middle of the doorhub.
monsters spawns when you press stuff etc so mobs guide u to your destination, red shield in ;last pic is later part.
u pressed switch

now you goto yellow door above blue door at the beginning of the stairs from downstairs at doorhub
yellow door should be unlocked at the end of corridor.

You mean these ones ? > Attached Image: duke0002.png and Attached Image: duke0003.png

Neither of those want to open, and the character says "hum" and "where is it" O_o Actually, I should have said it earlier (my mistake), I have absolutely no door unlocked in the hub, only the blue doors open.

Also after having done some dnclipping I have found that the door I'm looking for is behind this door >> Attached Image: duke0004.png
Obviously it is still locked :) While dnclipping I found its switch but it was in a part behind another locked door T_T

Lastly I remember monsters did spawn in the hub at some point and led me to a yellow door but as I said no yellow door open in the hub.

Either the map is broken by something or there's a timed switch/door (apart from the one for the red door you told me earlier) that I'm not aware of :)
Tomorrow I will try to restart and invincible my way around to see if I get stuck again because I have a feeling something is not right either in my save or in the map itself >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

got confused, using 2 comps is complicated

youre at wrong doors
wish can post pic but cant cus im at my aunt. my comp doesnt use wifi and i use her laptop.
when you go upstairs from down stairs at the beginning you have a blue door

yellow door is inside blue door right near stairs from downstairs and near a fat pipe.

you go in blue door and you will see a yellow door at end of corridor.
you go there.
watch for the orbs

View PostZaxtor, on 30 August 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

got confused, using 2 comps is complicated

youre at wrong doors
wish can post pic but cant cus im at my aunt. my comp doesnt use wifi and i use her laptop.
when you go upstairs from down stairs at the beginning you have a blue door

yellow door is inside blue door right near stairs from downstairs and near a fat pipe.

you go in blue door and you will see a yellow door at end of corridor.
you go there.
watch for the orbs

Don't worry my post aren't confusion free either ^^

You mean these ? >> Attached Image: duke0000.png
The yellow door is still locked T_T

I have restarted the level invincible and I'm still stuck. Apart from the yellow keycard door, not a single yellow door unlocks. I also got 2 trails of monsters, both led me to a different yellow door and both of them were still locked, one of them was bellow the bridge in the hub and one just under the blue door of the beginning upstairs.

It's really weird especially since there are people who finished the game by now and, I hope, without clipping >_>

I've got to Steel Mill and found something new for you to play with. Well, actually, not that new since it's already been reported once.

Remember that post by Jolteon where he complained about some underwater doors malfunctioning in level 8? Now I took the liberty to run some further tests on this subject. It turns out that one of the blue 2-part sliding underwater doors (SE 15 sprites 1229 and 1230) for some reason stops opening after the player opens a specific orange underwater door (SE 15 sprites 1353 and 1358). The latter one has a switch which makes it available for only 1-time opening. Seems that opening that orange door (one time, since no more opening sequences can be executed) is the exact culprit of the blue door starting to malfunction. Passing through any of the sectors beyond it doesn't seem to cause this.

On a side note, I think you should put something like a table with an instruction that the switch allows to open the orange door only 1 time (like you always do next to anything that "malfunctions", for example, a multiswitch code in the same level). It can be confusing to players without such knowlegde.

Also, there's a red door (SE 15 sprites 1274 and 1277) near the blue door in question. Jolteon also complained about it not opening in case you've hit its switch multiple times. I'd suggest that you put an instruction next to that switch as well.

Now I'd like to ask a question about a certain pair of doors at the same level. My investigation has proved there're two ways to get into that big hub area with 2 energy transformers (or whatever they are, they look like 2 energy beams with energy bulbs running along them) in the middle. Those ways are the doors with Activator sprite numbers 5733 and 5734 (look into the attachments #1 and 2 respectively to recognise them better). Looking into Mapster or even noclipping right to that area shows that initially (upon loading the level) the door 5733 is open (while 5734 is closed). It contains 2 corridors one above the other; the upper one contains a side compartment with an energy platform field and a set of buttons which open the red door (Activator sprite 6648; see the attachment #3) near the force field in the hub. The door 5734 contains a vertical obstacle room with instakill spikes, electric wires and energy platforms and ultimately leads into the aforementioned hub, ending up on the second floor from the top. The problem is, on my both playthroughs, as soon as I got to the said pair of doors, I'd always see the door 5734 open and not the other one. I'm curious as to how I'm supposed to get to the hub via the second path. Also, the door 6648 (the one that opens into the hub from the 5733 path), well, its Activator sprite, is linked to another sprite (to me it looks like a Touchplate effector) 8339 as well, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm theorizing the 5733 door is a delayed one (closes after some time since level start has passed), but ain't sure.

And the last thing: the self-repairing armor glitch (when it doesn't regenerate till finishing the level) is actually real and it seems to happen regardless of the armor type. But I'm not sure what causes it. Somehow it might be linked to using the claw underwater (maybe even with Pearl of Power in possession). If I ever discover the cause, I'll let you know.

P.S.: Whew, I hope the first two points don't inflict much confusion on you.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0015.png
  • Attached Image: duke0014.png
  • Attached Image: duke0016.png

This post has been edited by Polunka: 31 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 30 August 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

Don't worry my post aren't confusion free either ^^

You mean these ? >> Attachment duke0000.png
The yellow door is still locked T_T

I have restarted the level invincible and I'm still stuck. Apart from the yellow keycard door, not a single yellow door unlocks. I also got 2 trails of monsters, both led me to a different yellow door and both of them were still locked, one of them was bellow the bridge in the hub and one just under the blue door of the beginning upstairs.

It's really weird especially since there are people who finished the game by now and, I hope, without clipping >_>

yes
but if is not unlocked is maybe you pressed it again or didnt press it.
or didnt reached it yet

I played it so no errors, the switch with a rotating coil opens other door.
did you check viewscreen with yellow symbol?

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostPolunka, on 31 August 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

I've got to Steel Mill and found something new for you to play with. Well, actually, not that new since it's already been reported once.

Remember that post by Jolteon where he complained about some underwater doors malfunctioning in level 8? Now I took the liberty to run some further tests on this subject. It turns out that one of the blue 2-part sliding underwater doors (SE 15 sprites 1229 and 1230) for some reason stops opening after the player opens a specific orange underwater door (SE 15 sprites 1353 and 1358). The latter one has a switch which makes it available for only 1-time opening. Seems that opening that orange door (one time, since no more opening sequences can be executed) is the exact culprit of the blue door starting to malfunction. Passing through any of the sectors beyond it doesn't seem to cause this.

On a side note, I think you should put something like a table with an instruction that the switch allows to open the orange door only 1 time (like you always do next to anything that "malfunctions", for example, a multiswitch code in the same level). It can be confusing to players without such knowlegde.

Also, there's a red door (SE 15 sprites 1274 and 1277) near the blue door in question. Jolteon also complained about it not opening in case you've hit its switch multiple times. I'd suggest that you put an instruction next to that switch as well.

Now I'd like to ask a question about a certain pair of doors at the same level. My investigation has proved there're two ways to get into that big hub area with 2 energy transformers (or whatever they are, they look like 2 energy beams with energy bulbs running along them) in the middle. Those ways are the doors with Activator sprite numbers 5733 and 5734 (look into the attachments #1 and 2 respectively to recognise them better). Looking into Mapster or even noclipping right to that area shows that initially (upon loading the level) the door 5733 is open (while 5734 is closed). It contains 2 corridors one above the other; the upper one contains a side compartment with an energy platform field and a set of buttons which open the red door (Activator sprite 6648; see the attachment #3) near the force field in the hub. The door 5734 contains a vertical obstacle room with instakill spikes, electric wires and energy platforms and ultimately leads into the aforementioned hub, ending up on the second floor from the top. The problem is, on my both playthroughs, as soon as I got to the said pair of doors, I'd always see the door 5734 open and not the other one. I'm curious as to how I'm supposed to get to the hub via the second path. Also, the door 6648 (the one that opens into the hub from the 5733 path), well, its Activator sprite, is linked to another sprite (to me it looks like a Touchplate effector) 8339 as well, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm theorizing the 5733 door is a delayed one (closes after some time since level start has passed), but ain't sure.

And the last thing: the self-repairing armor glitch (when it doesn't regenerate till finishing the level) is actually real and it seems to happen regardless of the armor type. But I'm not sure what causes it. Somehow it might be linked to using the claw underwater (maybe even with Pearl of Power in possession). If I ever discover the cause, I'll let you know.

P.S.: Whew, I hope the first two points don't inflict much confusion on you.

the door u shown in the pic only opens if you have the weap 7B addon, without it, other door opens instead.
as for underwater doors I never had issues with the doors, ill investigate it.

Some door has an auto closing delay timer.
like the yellow door to the mines room and other door you must swim fast to it when press a switch with octa near it before it closes.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

The rotating coil switch pic you posted with the 2 screens, greenliz etc opens the red door right above the door with those blue lights near it in the doorhub.

View PostZaxtor, on 31 August 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

the door u shown in the pic only opens if you have the weap 7B addon, without it, other door opens instead.

Oh, so that's the deal! Ok, I see it now. A clever move of you that is, to make all players equal in the means of reaching that place! :)

Btw, I know that can be considered "cheating" but could you please tell me which level I can access the third secret level at? I just wouldn't wanna miss it on my second playthrough (later levels are so long, and if you've already played them (and found every secret on them, like in my case), they get kinda boring). Also, I have an assumption that Akrozis-C500's warp core could be of any relation to this whole another dimension thing. Or probably the gateway in level 7.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Same in level 10, that cool elevator it stops at the 1st door instead of 2nd door when you have Weap 7B addon.

PS
Polunka check pm for 3rd secret.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 31 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The rotating coil switch pic you posted with the 2 screens, greenliz etc opens the red door right above the door with those blue lights near it in the doorhub.

You mean this door ? >> Attached Image: duke0004.png

I tried pressing and repressing the switches I found it never unlocked or opened, I even tried rushing to it in case it were a timed door but it was always closed >_>
I must be doomed T_T

It may be a silly question but do you think using Polymost instead of Classic can have an influence on that ?
OR I should say that I changed the "model" folder to the "low-res" one while using the same save (not starting a new game after changing), Do you think this could also have an influence ?

In any case I've started an alternate playthrough with a different save. I suggest we take a break with that Core level until I reach it again (when I played Cubosphere this course of action proved useful more than once so why not with Trequonia ?). It will also keep my mind active when thinking about the feedback I said I would deliver later :/

BTW there are things I should report but I'll keep them for another time. I can only say that I found a self-repairing armor in the 1st secret level and for the time being I haven't been the victim of the glitch that has been reported before ... yet ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Yes that door.

Mod wont work well in polymer and 8bit modes.
some textures and effects wont work.
will be unplayable.

polymost is best.

dunno if will have influence.
usually low-res is for ppl with slower machines etc.
changing is done during before u play.

self-rep in lv8 is fixed for V2

View PostZaxtor, on 31 August 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yes that door.

Mod wont work well in polymer and 8bit modes.
some textures and effects wont work.
will be unplayable.

polymost is best.

dunno if will have influence.
usually low-res is for ppl with slower machines etc.
changing is done during before u play.

self-rep in lv8 is fixed for V2

Okay then, for a last word we will see whenever I reach the level again if it was me being as silly and blind as ever or the unluckiest guy around >_>

Speaking of V2 there is one thing I want to suggest (which was part of the things to report I wanted to keep for later) >> Change the "Holoduke" to something else since it is not Duke. You could name it something like the "Holoskhyv" or the "Skhyvlogram" or something like that ^_-
That is if I'm not mistaken when calling the main OC Skhyv ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Holoduke text etc will bw changed.

also dificulty selection been changed to
Easy
Medium
hard
Extremely Hard !!!

etc

So I've abandoned my attempt to get through Out Of This Dimension (so as not to waste time just going through the maze in circles) and resumed my replay session. So far I've got to The Core. I didn't find any major problems during the last play session, though there's still something I'd like to report.

First, the "Boss Slayer Found" indication message stops disappearing beginning with level 10 (it persists staying under the inventory hud even after the player finishes a level).

Second, seems that certain actions can cause Hyperdimensional Lizmen to accidentally go completely invulnerable. This specifically happened to me (several times) when I was trying to blow up a group of 'em using pipebombs with the enhancing crystal applied.

Also, Evil Guardian (that miniboss-esque small version of BOSS2 guarding one of the doors in level 7) can glitch out resulting in him doing nothing. If you try to hide behind a corner while he's attacking you (or initiating his attack), he can just stop over there with the animation of attack preparation set on a loop. When you let him see you after that, he'll resume his attack. Another problem following this is that it seems quite difficult to stun him (so that he stops the attack and resumes chasing you) which means you can once again hide behind a corner which will result in him going on a loop once more.

That's all I've found so far.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 12:09 AM

I'm going to report a few things from my end as well ^^

1_ Attached Image: duke0000.png
In the 2nd level (Secret Launching Bayr), after defeating the "Eye-Chip" boss, and passing the blue keycard teleporter you are brought back to the boss's door BUT if you happen to walk in the direction of the boss room the door will permanently close ! and passing the teleporter again won't open it again, making you stuck. To fix this I suggest either making the "re-opening" actor a multiple-time use instead of the one-time use OR make the closing actor a one-time use.

2_ Attached Image: duke0001.png
In the 3rd level (Trequonia's Surface) the red keycard appears on the ground as a blue one. It must be a sector palette issue ...

3_ Attached Image: duke0003.png
In the same level, near the end, Crouching while using the blue keycard on this exast slot (with the white box) will display odd crouching and getting up behavior and make the slot fly upward; this doesn't happen on any other slots >_>

4_ Attached Image: duke0002.png
In the 4th level (Big City) there is one outrageously tall chair O_o However I don't remember it being this tall on my first playthrough ... there must be something weird >_> Can't remember what building it is though :)

5_ Attached Image: duke0006.png
Shotgun's first person sprite has transparent pixels at the bottom, visible only when walking. I took the screen in VR because this is where it's more noticeable but the transparent pixels are always here no matter the palette.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options