• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostHank, on 23 August 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

wondering around
Posted Image

IKR! This mod's visual/architectural aspect is alone a good reason that it's a must-play.

So I've been playing again, re-visited level 1 and currently re-visiting level 2 (I didn't finish it before) and so for the time being I have 2 anomalies to report ... Before that I'm just missing 1 secret in the first level and right now I've found a secret I hadn't found before in level 2.

1_ In the first level, one of the secret may be inescapable. I don't want to spoil the secret but let's just say that you open a tiny square opening to get some goodies BUT if you get inside it then you're trapped, no way to get out, can't jump, can't crouch-jump. can't use "open" ... only dnclip or not fully entering the secret works.

2_ In the second level there's a good deal of OOB possible, here are some screenshots :

Attached Image: duke0000.png
Attached Image: duke0001.png
Attached Image: duke0002.png

There is also a good deal of invisible walls and crushing sectors so you may not exploit it that much >_>

User is offline   BestViking 

I'm stuck. Can't go back on the green tiles and can't go forward.

View PostBestViking, on 24 August 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Attachment duke0001.png

I'm stuck. Can't go back on the green tiles and can't go forward.

Spoiler

I'm starting to feel like an instruction book for this mod. Especially judging by the "descriptive" speech type I used in this post.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 24 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostPolunka, on 24 August 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Spoiler

I'm starting to feel like an instruction book for this mod.

Thanks. I had not received instructions from mutual friend about this so I was left in the dark about that. Would never have figured it out on my own. Perhaps there was a glitch or I did things in the wrong order that prevented the message from being displayed.

Instructions previously worked without problem though.

I kinda need help because I'm starting to wonder if I'm not victim of a glitch >_>

I'm blocked at that room on Trequonia's Surface with the blackboard and the math problem ... I'm pretty sure of the result but no matter what number I draw with the switch and no matter how I shape it it won't validate this step of the puzzle O_o
Even the hint about the space of 2 unpressed switches at the bottom is confusing me now that I've given more thought about it >_>

What should I do ?

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 24 August 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I kinda need help because I'm starting to wonder if I'm not victim of a glitch >_>

I'm blocked at that room on Trequonia's Surface with the blackboard and the math problem ... I'm pretty sure of the result but no matter what number I draw with the switch and no matter how I shape it it won't validate this step of the puzzle O_o
Even the hint about the space of 2 unpressed switches at the bottom is confusing me now that I've given more thought about it >_>

What should I do ?

You likely have the wrong number. You can cheat with a calculator to get the right one. I could PM you the solution, but a calculator will give you the right one anyway.
The number has to be "drawn" with the switches a particular way though. It wasn't completely obvious to me to begin with.
Spoiler

View PostBestViking, on 24 August 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

You likely have the wrong number. You can cheat with a calculator to get the right one. I could PM you the solution, but a calculator will give you the right one anyway.
The number has to be "drawn" with the switches a particular way though. It wasn't completely obvious to me to begin with.
Spoiler

The calculator gave me the same result as my mental calculus ... I tried dealing with the problem in many different ways and only one result is a single number so I'm definitely sure I got the right one.
I wrote the number in every possible ways and nothing reacts, unless there's something I didn't understand :)

Do we have to draw the number pretty large or pretty tight ?
I mean do we use the outer switches ?

Or you could tell me how many switches must be pressed, or even if the number of switches matches the number we must draw ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I know what u mean the pic, forgot to (pink line it).
thx for reporting the bug.

On the problem with the math problem (goddarn tautology!): I also got stuck at that point. The ultimate result (with several checks and re-checks) I would get is
Spoiler

This all is just an assumption. I'm still unsure whether it's just me or the bug is a real thing. At least judging by BestViking's post, he got through with no problems. Maybe I'm reading the problem wrong? I'm pretty sure I recognise every math symbol correctly.

Btw, Zaxtor, another thing: is it normal that one UEPB cell gives you 20 ammo for it? Seems too much for me.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 24 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPolunka, on 24 August 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

On the problem with the math problem (goddarn tautology!): I also got stuck at that point. The ultimate result (with several checks and re-checks) I would get is
Spoiler

This all is just an assumption. I'm still unsure whether it's just me or the bug is a real thing. At least judging by BestViking's post, he got through with no problems. Maybe I'm reading the problem wrong? I'm pretty sure I recognise every math symbol correctly.

Btw, Zaxtor, another thing: is it normal that one UEPB cell gives you 20 ammo for it? Seems too much for me.

Same here.
Spoiler

The map has a shitload of very cool ideas.

This post has been edited by Hank: 24 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostHank, on 24 August 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

The map has a shitload of very cool ideas.

I'm telling ya, it's not just this map which has got pretty interesting mechanics and puzzles (hell, even most bosses are unique and enjoyable to fight).

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPolunka, on 24 August 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I'm telling ya, it's not just this map which has got pretty interesting mechanics and puzzles (hell, even most bosses are unique and enjoyable to fight).

Dude tell me more :)

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hank: 24 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

I finally managed to get the puzzle right thanks to Zaxtor's help !

I will only give you guys a small elusive hint

Spoiler

Well, now it's my turn to get stuck and beg for a hint :)

I can't seem to understand the significance of the storage room No.16 in level 7 (Storing Sectors). The switch responsible for its door is located next to 2 viewscreens (one showing the door 16 itself and the other one showing the door which needs the copper access key). So I guess that should be hinting at this storage room containing the copper key. The only things I found in that room were some pigcops and low-tier ammo (along with a bunch of sprite-made crates). The key doesn't seem to be in there whatsoever. I've looked literally everywhere, including on top of every crate.

Someone help me!

EDIT: Nevermind. Fuck I'm dumb. The 16th storage room ain't even related to the key. And I've found the key, which was actually next to the viewscreens.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 25 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

Maybe anyone knows what to do on Big City after the "666" building? I'm told to go back into IMF building fourth floor and that a room is unlocked, but nothing is changed there. All the same rooms as before. I think I entered the computer earlier, the one I posted a screen from earlier.

I tried then to enter the same computer again, perhaps that's what I am supposed to do? But it is not possible to enter. Anyone who made it past this level remember that part?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Theres 2 computers we enter, num2 opens when they ask u to goto the room.
comp opens near the trashdata one

as for the math part, i tested it other day and comes to a single number

User is offline   Zaxtor 

PS
scientific calculator online and windows scientific calculator gives -29
standard windows calculator gives single number

View PostZaxtor, on 25 August 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

PS
scientific calculator online and windows scientific calculator gives -29
standard windows calculator gives single number

Guess the standard calculator doesn't consider the order of execution of math actions (either that or I'm wrong, still unsure about that part).

Btw, Zaxtor making a cameo appearance is a neat addition :)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 25 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Also I thought of making Trequonia V2 which will have a total of 20 maps (this one has 18 total 15+3s)
in V2 you wont need to download update texture pack, will use current textures u already downloaded, just the grp that will be added later. only con alteration and 2 maps. but con will remain compatible with current mod.. also little fixes from bugs u found I havent found such as the thing u shown where I forgot blockline where all those shrubs on the slope

I think I've just discovered an important bug. Seems that the third-level (golden) self-repairing armor doesn't regenerate at all. The previous 2 levels work perfectly fine. This one, however... You should run a test of it.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 25 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

ADDITION TO THE PREVIOUS POST: Once again, nevermind about the golden armor "bug". Turns out it works perfectly fine, just like 2 other variations. Seems it didn't work for me at the level where I found it (Incarceration, level 8; by the way, I'd suggest that you make the place where the armor resides a secret sector, since it really is a secret, which in addition requires possession of the bridgemaker addon) for some weird reason. Upon arriving at Steel Mill, it started working just as intended.

Tho I think I've discovered some more of what may be considered bugs at level 8, but I'll post about them later (need to run some additional tests regarding those).

And about the RPG/Devastator chip puzzle - fucking brilliant, man!
Spoiler

Your puzzles are always so clever and extraordinary!

Overall about level 8 - so far it's my most favorite one in the whole game. The atmosphere of an underwater adventure full of various dangers to surmount and secrets to reveal is so well maintained throughout the level. I liked the music track especially. :)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

The puzzles are nice, but sometimes expect almost telepathic abilites/foreknowledge. But I've made it through with help from here. I'm now at that base level after the big city and they've locked me into a concrete room. Walls completely smooth and no indication of how to get out. Mutual friend said I had to figure it out on my own. Darn!

The first computer puzzles were nice, but once the data clusters are introduced, it's trial and error and the only way to get through is by saving each time you find the right one and proceeding stepwise like that. A bit cheap, but o.k.

The bosses are nice too, although the first wall boss was extremely annoying with those microscopic areas you have to hit. A thing that seems to be recurring is that when each stage of a boss is completed, it fires rockets at you. But there is no indication of when this happens, and you have to stand real close to hit the target in question, which also facilitates a save/load for each hit kind of playstyle. Not the best design choice IMO.

I'm nitpicking a bit now though. Just thought I'd give some critique along the way. It really takes some extraordinary imagination to create worlds like Oblivion and Trequonia, and I'm really enjoying playing them. The really breathtaking parts are the big architecture that dwarfs the player, making you feel very small. I love that effect. The cutscenes are really nice too and add a lot to it.

View PostBestViking, on 26 August 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'm now at that base level after the big city and they've locked me into a concrete room. Walls completely smooth and no indication of how to get out. Mutual friend said I had to figure it out on my own. Darn!

In case you've not figured it out and don't wanna do it on your own, I'll give you a little hint:
Spoiler

Btw, Control Base (the level you should be at right now) is extremely long, especially if one plays through it blindly (at least it proved such for me), but it's not even close to the length of some later levels. Those nasty computer-generated liztroopers make it even longer if you constantly stop by and try fighting them off.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

Weird I've passed Big City and I have never been locked into a concrete room O_o

Anyway in that very level I stumbled across a kitchen and discovered something INCREDIBLE !

We play as a freaking VAMPIRE !!

Joke aside I'm pretty sure it's a glitch due to polymost or something because not all object and sprite of the room are reflected in the mirror >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Mirror thing is an issues with TROR in polymost, works with ROR and no TROR

Those nasty computer-generated liztroopers make it even longer if you constantly stop by and try fighting them off.

Yes, those were extremely annoying.

In regards to the hint, I suspected those things had a purpose but I
Spoiler

Now I know how to proceed. Thanks!

User is offline   Zaxtor 

if you destroy the computer tower you cripple the CPU liztroop permanently

User is offline   Jolteon 

How do I get past this room?
Spoiler

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You sneak without making noise (hitting floor from jumping or falling etc ) and waiting too long.
you goto the door to ur right.
dont get caught during process of heading inside, dont forget to hit swirch to open it

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options