• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 24 January 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

Well, nothing interests.
I refactored and separated Build and Blood project for making ports of other Build games with actual Build and Polymost fixes.
I already rewrite my Tekwar port to new Build project and I want to prepare a release on the new Build project.

2. Also I already ported Witchaven with my Build project and reverse engereneered Redneck Rampage (I alreday found all of Duke's parts of code) and for continue RE I will start new project with new Build.
3. I wasted some time for learning networks :dukecigar:

About BloodGdx, I did nothing after latest release, but at near future I planning to fix some bugs, and complete user packages loader and loader hrp from zip archive.

Nothing of intrest!!??!?!

That is awsome information!

What do you think of wichaven?
How far have you come on wichaven progress?
Can i expect a port of Wichaven in my lifetime?

Get me a basic working wichaven 1 & 2 windows ports and i will donate my soul to you.

Pretty please?

This post has been edited by Devon: 25 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Witchaven is on alpha status - without sounds / music, menus...just gameplay part with some bugs, which I can't analyze, because witchaven has a bullshit code :dukecigar: and after porting to Java - is a one way to detect bugs - playing in this and compare to c++ version of the game.

Also I almost made HUD and mouse movements. I can make a video with my progress. Btw, I ported witchaven in 2 days (about 4 hours per day). But searching and fixing bugs will take a long and long time :)

This post has been edited by M210: 25 January 2018 - 04:17 AM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

That sounds amazing :)

I can assure you once the Blood Port is done I will donate to you :dukecigar:

I'm really eager to see some screens of your Redneck Rampage Port.

User is offline   m210® 

I almost done preparing TekwarGDX, I will release it soon, after release I will working on BloodGDX again and maybe on RR port :dukecigar:

I made a video with Witchaven:
https://youtu.be/hI5SEe6AtZs

This post has been edited by M210: 25 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 25 January 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

I almost done preparing TekwarGDX, I will release it soon, after release I will working on BloodGDX again and maybe on RR port :dukecigar:

I do not even know what to rejoice over!
Thanks for your work and success in developing!

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 25 January 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

Witchaven is on alpha status - without sounds / music, menus...just gameplay part with some bugs, which I can't analyze, because witchaven has a bullshit code :dukecigar: and after porting to Java - is a one way to detect bugs - playing in this and compare to c++ version of the game.

Also I almost made HUD and mouse movements. I can make a video with my progress. Btw, I ported witchaven in 2 days (about 4 hours per day). But searching and fixing bugs will take a long and long time :)

Thanks for the reply!

Yes! yes! please upload videos on your wichaven 1&2 work.

User is offline   m210® 

I'm started working on HMP file format, but I still don't know, when I will make a midi converter for playing music in game. Btw, tekwar's tool hmp2mid converter doesn't converted hmp correctly, therefore I need to write my own

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDr_Proton, on 25 January 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

That sounds amazing :)

I can assure you once the Blood Port is done I will donate to you :dukecigar:

I'm really eager to see some screens of your Redneck Rampage Port.

+1

This post has been edited by Devon: 28 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 25 January 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

I made a video with Witchaven:
https://youtu.be/hI5SEe6AtZs

Thank you very much for sharing!

A hypothetical question, how long would it take to make redneck rampage playable with music and everything?

I adore you for doing this work on wichaven and redneck rampage.

Thank you! for doing this =) <3

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDevon, on 28 January 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

A hypothetical question, how long would it take to make redneck rampage playable with music and everything?

Not faster, then Blood, because RR also hasn't source code and need to reverse engeneering too.
At this time I can say, that struct of RR player is bigger then struct of player in Duke3D, and this struct is unknown...so, it will take a time while I will know those extra data

User is online   Phredreeke 

I know someone had disassembled the RR binary and was working on documenting the differences against Duke3D. I can't remember who though...

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDevon, on 28 January 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

Thank you very much for sharing!

I adore you for doing this work on wichaven and redneck rampage.

Thank you! for doing this =) <3

Ok thanks for info.

Same question regarding wichaven 1&2? any idea?

User is offline   m210® 

I don't know) because I working on other build projects, so, someday

This post has been edited by M210: 28 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 28 January 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

I don't know) because I working on other build projects, so, someday

Ok thanks!

Will there be splitscreen local coop in blood?

Reason im asking is because it was a long time ago that i asked and the status regarding this feature may have changed.

User is offline   m210® 

ROR doesn't work in splitscreen

User is offline   TheXna 

Anything new for bloodgdx?

User is offline   m210® 

No yet

User is offline   Tekedon 

Just wanted to praise you a bit Alexander since I don't have enough spare money to donate. The work you have done so far on Blood GDX is incredible. This feels like Blood, this is Blood.. This is as authentic as you can get without the source. Please keep on developing this.. I have big hopes for this being the ultimate port. Gameplay wise this is already perfect enough so that almost anyone can't tell any difference. As long as you get mutiplayer in there would be no reason to go back to dosbox, already if you could get it working through Hamachi or Meltdown like old Blood that would be good enough for me. Keep up the good work (also looking much forward to your RR GDX port).

User is offline   TheXna 

Why don't you release the code? it would make the progress of a future source port or even new stuff by now, since you're working in other projects, it would help a lot.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheXna, on 04 February 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Why don't you release the code? it would make the progress of a future source port or even new stuff by now, since you're working in other projects, it would help a lot.

I giving src, (to who)? want to help me, but no one wants to play with me :dukecigar: Only one programmer who would help was lost.
So, I did what I wanted, and now I'm back to work on BloodGDX.

TekwarGDX
WitchavenGDX

This post has been edited by M210: 05 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

User is offline   SPILL 

Hey M210, do you think you can fix the glitch where ROR doesn't render sloped surfaces when looking through the portal? One of your previous versions actually fixed this but then after you updated the ROR it stopped working. I cant recall which version it was that worked.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yep, ROR and some other little rendering bugs are still happening.

Anyway M210, what do you want to accomplish for 1.0? When will you consider BloodGDX "finished" so that you'll be comfortable with calling it 1.0? What needs to be done? What is it that you don't want to do? Could you give us an outline on that?

Also just to agree with TheXna, I think you should release the code at some point so others can expand on it, port it (for example bringing BDGX out of Java is certainly something people want to see) or whatever.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 06 February 2018 - 03:03 AM

User is offline   m210® 

BloodGDX still has crashes. I can't call 1.0 while its happen. Also I can't call it 1.0 because enemies has differents from original Blood, BloodGDX has a some sound system bugs, and doesn't support some file, like *.def for maps. Also I planning to fix and add some features for zip archive loader.
About ROR I really don't know how to fix it, Polymost has a very strange code, it can take more one months before I understood, what's wrong, but I don't want to discovering this renderer yet, I have more important things :dukecigar:

Btw, RFS loader also still doesn't complete, I need to complete RFS loader and make a rfs loader from zip.
- define/undefine def-scripts for userepisodes etc:)

This post has been edited by M210: 06 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

Is your plan to eventually write a new renderer for it?

User is offline   m210® 

Yes, but not now, I need to complete gameplay part at first

User is offline   m210® 

I ported original Build Engine network code and made a first video with multiplayer in test app

Maybe BloodGDX will have a multiplayer at this....
Spoiler

This post has been edited by M210: 13 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

User is offline   Manhs 

It could be a dream, playing BLOOD with your render and stuff, like and no autoaim for mutliplayer like deathmatch could be really better, using the napalm launcher with the autoaim of BLOOD is really a problem sometimes in close range lol.
Also i don't really like dosbox for online, i would prefer something more stable who doesn't desynch :/
Or cooperative without the friendly fire if it can be added later after mutliplayer like i said before
People could be more "ok" to play a BLOOD multiplayer, i hope!

This post has been edited by Manhs: 13 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostManhs, on 13 February 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

It could be a dream, playing BLOOD with your render and stuff, like and no autoaim for mutliplayer like deathmatch could be really better, using the napalm launcher with the autoaim of BLOOD is really a problem sometimes in close range lol.
Also i don't really like dosbox for online, i would prefer something more stable who doesn't desynch :/
Or cooperative without the friendly fire if it can be added later after mutliplayer like i said before
People could be more "ok" to play a BLOOD multiplayer, i hope!

The news of multiplayer being a possibility is great but I don't think you should get your hopes up that much when it comes to desyncs and stuff. This is still 1997 "netcode" we're talking about.

User is offline   Manhs 

Yeah, we will see.... ^^

User is offline   m210® 

Release 0.787

1. Load zip/rff archives in main folder
2. Hightile texture can load from zip archives now
3. Fixed cutscenes for CWHHROT
4. Mouse digital axis "Move forward" fix
5. Cutscenes palette swap fix
6. Autoload def files in autoload folder
7. Console help command will show all comands
8. TNT Animation fix
9. If external ogg file not found, will play midi song, instead of cd audio.
10. PriorityList(in RX-TX system) memory eat fix and optimization (need to tests)
11. Cutscenes can playing 16bits wav file
12. User episode from zip if map in subfolder fix
13. RFS scripts in zip support
14. RFS script will skip an errors
15. CUE file support for playing cd audio
16. OGG can read from zip now
17. Defs files as INI for user maps
18. Autosave feature
19. Choke Hand blind effect fix
20. Reflective shoots powerup with reverb effect now

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options