Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#91

Because this solution using globalvariables in drawrooms and drawalls with comparing globasector (upper ROR sector) with drawing lower neighboring ROR sectors. I just don't like it and I will try to find a better solution. Anyway, at fist look, this solution hasn't important glitches


This post has been edited by M210: 19 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#92

I planning to make a new release today or tommorow for testing ROR and as bonus - with skybox and hires textures support :)
Also, as I wrote, I'm working on new voxels reader...I made it, but some voxels doesn't drawing correctly.

The new voxel reader is faster on 25%

Attached File(s)


1

User is offline   max_nukem 

  • 17

#93

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

I planning to make a new release today or tommorow for testing ROR and as bonus - with skybox and hires textures support :)
Also, as I wrote, I'm working on new voxels reader...I made it, but some voxels doesn't drawing correctly.

The new voxel reader is faster on 25%


Awesome news!!! Thank You M210!!!
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#94

Well, I made a release :) It's time to testing :)

v0.771 (19 July 2017)
1. ROR rendering fix (major fix, need testing)
2. gView.pSprite == null fix (crash after insert player and load game)
3. skybox and hires textures support
4. added "show statistic" option in game setup menu
1

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

  • 277

#95

The ROR fix seems working well with all the base episode, for some reason still affect Cryptic Passage. If not caused by map geometry compatibility parameter to work on, it may just depend from the .ART change (already temporarily replaced). BTW A direct reading of the .AR_ sprite files would be more convenient.

Attached File  Cryptic Passage_Old Opera House_ROR.png (55.72K)
Number of downloads: 53

EDIT: Things goes better when you start a new map/game, probably this really resolves all.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 19 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

0

User is offline   J432 

  • 6

#96

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

Well, I made a release :) It's time to testing :)

v0.771 (19 July 2017)
1. ROR rendering fix (major fix, need testing)
2. gView.pSprite == null fix (crash after insert player and load game)
3. skybox and hires textures support
4. added "show statistic" option in game setup menu


Excellent work! Testing it now and ROR glitch is finally gone (so far I have only done random check on few places). Info for other testers: Start new game when testing, ROR fix does not work with savegames from older BloodGDX versions.

This post has been edited by J432: 19 July 2017 - 05:48 AM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#97

Heh, yep...it will be better to restart your map for reinit mirrors...or you can complete a saved map and the next map's ROR will working well
0

User is offline   J432 

  • 6

#98

View PostFantinaikos, on 19 July 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

The ROR fix seems working well with all the base episode, for some reason still affect Cryptic Passage. If not caused by map geometry compatibility parameter to work on, it may just depend from the .ART change (already temporarily replaced). BTW A direct reading of the .AR_ sprite files would be more convenient.

Attachment Cryptic Passage_Old Opera House_ROR.png

EDIT: Things goes better when you start a new map/game, probably this really resolves all.


I can confirm that place from screenshot is ok after I started new game.
0

User is offline   axl 

  • 133

#99

So basically, after the ROR fix, the only major thing that's left is the alt fire for some weapons and we've got the first fully compatible source port for Blood...

Excellent work !

This post has been edited by axl: 19 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

0

User is offline   SonicB00M 

  • 16

#100

+ sound for cutscenes
+ support for CD Audio

are still missing. But we're getting there :)

This post has been edited by SonicB00M: 19 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

0

User is offline   max_nukem 

  • 17

#101

View PostSonicB00M, on 19 July 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

+ sound for cutscenes
+ support for CD Audio

are still missing. But we're getting there :)


+Mod loading from custom directories
0

User is offline   max_nukem 

  • 17

#102

How to enable skybox, like on this screenshot?
Posted Image
0

User is offline   axl 

  • 133

#103

Did some testing for your new ROR fix: It's a major improvement, but still has some minor glitches depending on the viewpoint (screenshot 1). Also E2M7 "Bowels of the Earth" displays some weird glitch (screenshot 2). The latter however may be a mapping problem since the original Blood had also a glitch around the same spot (screenshot 3).

Attached File(s)

  • Attached File  001.png (609.39K)
    Number of downloads: 50
  • Attached File  002.png (753.89K)
    Number of downloads: 51
  • Attached File  003.jpg (159.95K)
    Number of downloads: 51


This post has been edited by axl: 19 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

0

User is offline   gordon81 

  • 1

#104

View Postmax_nukem, on 19 July 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

+Mod loading from custom directories



how make run ripped cd music on mod directories?

Sintaxis for audio cd files, directory name, etc.

Thanks.
0

User is offline   gordon81 

  • 1

#105

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

I planning to make a new release today or tommorow for testing ROR and as bonus - with skybox and hires textures support :)
Also, as I wrote, I'm working on new voxels reader...I made it, but some voxels doesn't drawing correctly.

The new voxel reader is faster on 25%



Itīs gorgeus.

Thank you again for this port.
0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 11

#106

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

Well, I made a release :) It's time to testing :)

v0.771 (19 July 2017)
1. ROR rendering fix (major fix, need testing)
2. gView.pSprite == null fix (crash after insert player and load game)
3. skybox and hires textures support
4. added "show statistic" option in game setup menu


Thank you so very much!

I donated again right now as promised.

Deathwish ep2 level 1 now has over 75-150fps at the begining instead of a lousy 23-32.
Nice optimizations.

Keep up the great work! =D

This post has been edited by Devon: 19 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

1

User is offline   kimec 

  • 3

#107

First of all thank you for the ROR fix.

However, starting with 0.771 you now seem to be obfuscating/minifing the java byte code. I understand you are navigating through some gray area, but I thought you would release the source code eventually.
Maybe you could clarify whether you intend to release the source or not at all.

Also, no BloodGDX for me on my FreeBSD system. Even though you are using lwjgl backend which has a working port on FreeBSD, GDX it self does not support FreeBSD as of yet. What a pity :( .
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 6,086

  #108

View Postkimec, on 19 July 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

Also, no BloodGDX for me on my FreeBSD system. Even though you are using lwjgl backend which has a working port on FreeBSD, GDX it self does not support FreeBSD as of yet. What a pity :( .

Is your FreeBSD system running on either of x86 or x86_64?
0

User is offline   Mr. Death 

  • 4

#109

View Postmax_nukem, on 19 July 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

How to enable skybox, like on this screenshot?
Posted Image

Yes, I too would like to know where/how to enable these new skyboxes?
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#110

View PostMr. Death, on 19 July 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yes, I too would like to know where/how to enable these new skyboxes?


1. Download latest BloodCM and find skyboxes.zip in autoload folder.
2. Unpack skyboxes folder from zip into Blood folder.
3. Create texture.def with this code:
skybox {
   tile 3678 pal 0
   top   "skyboxes/8798_UP.png" 
   down  "skyboxes/8798_DN.png" 
   front "skyboxes/8798_BK.png" 
   right "skyboxes/8798_RT.png" 
   back  "skyboxes/8798_FR.png" 
   left  "skyboxes/8798_LF.png" 
}


And you can see, that it doesn't works properly :) Because it working with square textures only...there is a something wrong in texture cache code.
You can use it with tile0 only in this release :)
But you can use hires textures, it should works properly
texture 0 {  pal 0 { file "tile0.png" }  }


Quote

Deathwish ep2 level 1 now has over 75-150fps at the begining instead of a lousy 23-32.
Nice optimizations.

I just deleted voxels.def :D But you can get it back :)


This post has been edited by M210: 19 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#111

View Postaxl, on 19 July 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

Did some testing for your new ROR fix: It's a major improvement, but still has some minor glitches depending on the viewpoint (screenshot 1). Also E2M7 "Bowels of the Earth" displays some weird glitch (screenshot 2). The latter however may be a mapping problem since the original Blood had also a glitch around the same spot (screenshot 3).

Maybe I can do something for fix, but ROR will never ideal I think...I just did all, what I could
0

User is offline   kimec 

  • 3

#112

View PostHendricks266, on 19 July 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Is your FreeBSD system running on either of x86 or x86_64?

It's x86_64.
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 6,086

  #113

View Postkimec, on 19 July 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

It's x86_64.

Does x86_64 FreeBSD have a way of running 32-bit binaries, kind of like Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64)?
0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 11

#114

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

1. Download latest BloodCM and find skyboxes.zip in autoload folder.
2. Unpack skyboxes folder from zip into Blood folder.
3. Create texture.def with this code:
skybox {
   tile 3678 pal 0
   top   "skyboxes/8798_UP.png" 
   down  "skyboxes/8798_DN.png" 
   front "skyboxes/8798_BK.png" 
   right "skyboxes/8798_RT.png" 
   back  "skyboxes/8798_FR.png" 
   left  "skyboxes/8798_LF.png" 
}


And you can see, that it doesn't works properly :) Because it working with square textures only...there is a something wrong in texture cache code.
You can use it with tile0 only in this release :)
But you can use hires textures, it should works properly
texture 0 {  pal 0 { file "tile0.png" }  }



I just deleted voxels.def :D But you can get it back :)


I use voxels.def and i still get this performance boost.
0

User is offline   J432 

  • 6

#115

View PostSonicB00M, on 19 July 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

+ sound for cutscenes
+ support for CD Audio
are still missing. But we're getting there :)


M210, do you plan to add this (mp3/ogg in case of CD music support) in next version?

This post has been edited by J432: 20 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 455

#116

Not sure about next release, but yes, I planning it
1

User is offline   J432 

  • 6

#117

View PostM210, on 20 July 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Not sure about next release, but yes, I planning it


Great, thanks.
0

User is offline   max_nukem 

  • 17

#118

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

1. Download latest BloodCM and find skyboxes.zip in autoload folder.
2. Unpack skyboxes folder from zip into Blood folder.
3. Create texture.def with this code:
skybox {
   tile 3678 pal 0
   top   "skyboxes/8798_UP.png" 
   down  "skyboxes/8798_DN.png" 
   front "skyboxes/8798_BK.png" 
   right "skyboxes/8798_RT.png" 
   back  "skyboxes/8798_FR.png" 
   left  "skyboxes/8798_LF.png" 
}





Thanks, M210.
0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 11

#119

I tried the skybox but it doesnt work proberly as you said.
Will it be fixed in the next release?
0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 11

#120

The room over room fix is very nice.
Most of the time it works flawless for me.

Thanks!

My BloodGDX wishlist.
Full mouse binding support.
Texture scale filter Scale2x hq3x/hq4x or similar.
Better audio channel positioning.
Full 5.1 surround sound.
Ogg/flac/mp3 soundtrack playback.
Cutscene audio.
fov slider
Dynamic lightning (gunfire/explosions)
Splitscreen co-op. (local)










You sir are awsome! <3

This post has been edited by Devon: 23 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options