Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

1. I don't know what's happening, maybe it's therefore you have two monitors?
2. I know about it problem, I will fix it.
3. This is a Doppler effect, but may I need to tweak sound velocities.
MIDI settings can have differents on other cards (other sounds of notes). Other thing: Gervill is a software synthesator, so it's loading CPU more, than hardware synth like as Microsoft GS wavetable.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Does anybody still have a copy of 0.790b? I am currently playing E4M1 of "Legends of Iconoclast" and started with 0.790b. After I realized 0.791 was available, I deleted my savegames and started again. It appears that the first enemy in the first area of E4M1 ("Main Gate", right after emerging from the pool) does not drop the spider key any more which is required to get on top of the castle wall. Can anyone confirm that?

For fast testing, I have attached the LoI version I am using to this post.

*EDIT*
Problem confirmed. I just tested with v0.789 from my jPortable package and the key (plus other stuff) drops from the enemy in E4M1. It does NOT in v0.791. Showstopper alert! This may affect any place where enemies drop items (IIRC even in the regular Blood campaign), so please take a look at this.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 May 2018 - 03:24 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

here is 0.790b
https://www.upload.e...oodgdx.zip.html

• The Truth is in here

Great, thanks!

So it also works with 0.790b, meaning that this problem has just been introduced with the latest release.

User is offline   m210® 

Ah yep, my mistake. Redownload it now, fixed

• The Truth is in here

Confirmed, works again. Thanks a lot for the fast fix, mate!

User is offline   aybe0 

Thanks for the joystick support :P :lol: :lol:

It does work really well except for one thing, it is too sensitive when trying to aim finely, even at a lower sensibility.

If somehow you could a axis responsiveness setting that'd really rock, as I suggested before.

On your side it's really about one line of code and adding another slider in UI, i.e. raise the axis to a power and that's it; use a default value of 1.0 if you wish.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see a visual representation of it, personally I'd set it to 3.0 as this allows friendlier aiming.

Thank you !

Attached File(s)

User is offline   ShamanZT 

Whats wrong with skiyboxes? It all just flat sprite and have ends.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ShamanZT: 04 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostShamanZT, on 04 May 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Whats wrong with skiyboxes? It all just flat sprite and have ends.

I don't have this issue :P

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 04 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostTekedon, on 04 May 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I don't have this issue :P

Do you use default skyboxes or hires? Hires skies dont have this problem.

View PostShamanZT, on 04 May 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Do you use default skyboxes or hires? Hires skies dont have this problem.

I think highres acutally. So that's why..

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 04 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

View PostTekedon, on 04 May 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think highres acutally. So that's why..

Hm, i compare it to your screen. Nope, you have default skyes, here hires one.

Strange bug i have.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ShamanZT: 04 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Not a bug, that's how the sky is rendered in Polymost. It may be fixed at some point.

But why then Tekedon have normal skies?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Download one of the skybox packages, they used to come with BloodGDX but t one point M210 split it from the main archive - you can find it in the hi-res pack thread - there's the "vanilla skies" + my hi-res sky package

User is offline   Yes 

So, the game no longer allows monsters to drop keys. Tried it with both custom and preset difficulties and no keys were dropped when they were supposed to.

User is offline   Yes 

Redownloaded it. Keys spawn out of monsters now. That was pretty weird, all things saying.

View PostPhredreeke, on 04 May 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Download one of the skybox packages, they used to come with BloodGDX but t one point M210 split it from the main archive - you can find it in the hi-res pack thread - there's the "vanilla skies" + my hi-res sky package

Download skies from This https://forums.duke4...post__p__292927 post. Its mostly like default skies except Cryptic Passage moon sky. Moon just at wrong place so i replace it from hires.

I have few questions:
1. Is 4037, 7620, 8611, 8798 all skies from original blood + 2 addons? I dont miss something?
2. Why all skies much more higher than default? Some of upscaled seem not just higher, but stretched too.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by ShamanZT: 04 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostShamanZT, on 04 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Download skies from This https://forums.duke4...post__p__292927 post. Its mostly like default skies except Cryptic Passage moon sky. Moon just at wrong place so i replace it from hires.

I have few questions:
1. Is 4037, 7620, 8611, 8798 all skies from original blood + 2 addons? I dont miss something?
2. Why all skies much more higher than default? Some of upscaled seem not just higher, but stretched too.

Even though I helped generate the higher res versions of the skyboxes, I still prefer to use the lower res versions as it matches the classic look of the game better in my opinion. I have included these for you in this reply if you want.

1) If you have those numbers covered, that should be all the skybox files that you need for the base game. As you didnt write other numbers I can't speak for the addons. (8799 for Death Wish)
2) This come from how they are generated. In the game the sky boxes are just a rectangle which is wrapped around as a cylinder from the players perspective. In generating new ones they are actually a proper sky 'box' where the cylinder is instead mapped to a cube. This introduces distortions at the edges of the skybox, especially at the top and bottom of the box, which essentially become holes (which have been plugged with some artistry) . In order to minimise the size of the hole, it is necessary to stretch the textures a little.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

If I'm not mistaken, the numbering scheme I used was to add the PLU to the number of the skybox. Also PLU 1 can't really be properly represented, or at least it couldn't when we first made the hi-res pack. The ideal way would be to take PLU 0 and fade it to white instead of black.

User is offline   Mariusz 

Hello
I noticed a graphical error.
In the 789 version it was not there
From version 790 is present.
Below are pictures

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  789.JPG (234.14K)
    Number of downloads: 44
  • Attached File  791.JPG (236.31K)
    Number of downloads: 59

View PostMariusz, on 06 May 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hello
I noticed a graphical error.
In the 789 version it was not there
From version 790 is present.
Below are pictures

I noticed this too.

User is offline   ademon 

While I am executing java -jar BlodGDX.jar in Ubuntu 17.10 the console shows this:
------------------
Initializing def-scripts...
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglGraphics.setVSync(LwjglGraphics.java:408)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java: 112)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: No modes available
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:141)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: No modes available
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.java:714)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
... 2 more
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
------------------

View Postademon, on 12 May 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

While I am executing java -jar BlodGDX.jar in Ubuntu 17.10 the console shows this:

I have sumilar problem on windows 10. I downloaded last JRE and it dont run jar. And i download jre-8u172 and game start runing!

So try install older version of JRE.

User is offline   Yes 

Does anyone else's frame rate shit the bed when going underwater in a diving suit during The Slums Part 1 level of Scum of Dallas and only that one level of Scum of Dallas? I went into E2M1 to test out the diving suit after it happened multiple time and it worked just as intended. No frame rate drops, no crashing, no problems even when I unequipped it and equipped it while underwater.

User is offline   SPILL 

I would recommend removing the fix that does not allow you to switch between weapons while in animation. It's very frustrating switching through TNT and the spray can because I have to wait for the lighter to ignite before I can keep cycling through weapons. This could be frustrating for bloodbath as well

This post has been edited by SPILL: 16 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

I noticed something when playing the latest version and Death Wish: whenever I pick up a Tome it no longer displays a message.

Scratch that. It was just a display option I forgot to toggle.

User is offline   Skumball 

I'm sure you are aware but with upper and lower stack sectors, if you create a sector within either sector, you get the hall of mirrors effect in the other sector as if it were projecting up or down.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  HOM.jpg (250.58K)
    Number of downloads: 61

Noticed that the aspect ratio seems to always be locked to what your monitor is, for instance if I play in 1024x768 it will be stretched to widescreen.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options