• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostJ432, on 11 December 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

These files must either be deleted or corresponding wav files be copied there, otherwise sound will not play even if these files are also in movie folder.

Well, it's seems we fixed this issue :D

User is offline   J432 

View PostM210, on 11 December 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

Well, it's seems we fixed this issue :D

Yes, but it still would be nice if BloodGDX set priority automatically so when smk and wav files are in movie folder, sound would play regardless of files in main folder.

This post has been edited by J432: 11 December 2017 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   m210® 

If program found smk file in main folder, its also try to find wav file in main folder. If program can't find smk files in main folder, then it will searching smk and wav in movie folder. So in your case, program found smk file in main folder and there is no reason continue searching in movie folder. And Im 100% sure, that program tried to say you, that wav file in main folder not found (just see a console)

User is offline   J432 

View PostM210, on 11 December 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

If program found smk file in main folder, its also try to find wav file in main folder. If program can't find smk files in main folder, then it will searching smk and wav in movie folder. So in your case, program found smk file in main folder and there is no reason continue searching in movie folder. And Im 100% sure, that program tried to say you, that wav file in main folder not found (just see a console)

But gog installer puts only smk files in main folder so BloodGDX finds it, do not search in movie folder and play it without sound. This is confusing for users. Either there should be info in readme that smk files from main folder must be deleted or wav files added or preferably BloodGDX could check both movie and main folders and if smk with wav files are in either of them, sound would play.

This post has been edited by J432: 11 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   m210® 

So, ok, I can add find algorithm for gog version

User is offline   Nachuro 

When using the "External" music type, levels without a music track (for example, E1M5 or E3M2) will crash the game.

This error results:

Attached File  Blood Bug.PNG (16.3K)
Number of downloads: 17

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks. It's fixed. I will release 0.784 when I fix music start on load game and after dead

This post has been edited by M210: 11 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

User is offline   Caleb 

Great new release, the sound issues are completely resolved for me. :D
Here are some of the (random) bugs I encountered in 0.784:

Pickup of TNT won't work, even though no TNT is carried (boxes and single sticks). None of the other weapons are affected. Usually resolved by restarting the map, can't reproduce it consistently, but happens occasionally.

Fire color cycling doesn't work, e.g. on e2m3 in the last room with the furnace. Also, usually resolved by restarting the map, can't reproduce it consistently, but happens occasionally.

Also, some of the enemies still feel off. Especially flying enemies like gargoyles and phantasms tend to hover back and forth over the character, which seems to differ from v1.21 in dosbox.
Having followed the development in the forums, I know that enemy AI is still a work in progress, but the gargoyle had been marked as 100%, so I thought I'd point it out. ;)

Last, since a few releases it isn't possible to alter the screen size in game like in the original anymore. The smallest setting is the center widescreen HUD. Before, it was possible to make the actual screen smaller with a flesh sprite border. Is there a reason for scrapping this feature of the original?

Thanks in advance. Keep up your great work, it's awesome!

This post has been edited by Caleb: 12 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

User is online   Tekedon 

I have a bug to report. If you pause the game, the game freezes when trying to unpause. You can still get to the menu, but you can't continue playing unless starting over.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostCaleb, on 12 December 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Pickup of TNT won't work, even though no TNT is carried (boxes and single sticks). None of the other weapons are affected. Usually resolved by restarting the map, can't reproduce it consistently, but happens occasionally.

Never seen this, therefore I need more information (or video)

Also, some of the enemies still feel off. Especially flying enemies like gargoyles and phantasms tend to hover back and forth over the character, which seems to differ from v1.21 in dosbox.
Having followed the development in the forums, I know that enemy AI is still a work in progress, but the gargoyle had been marked as 100%, so I thought I'd point it out. :D

Ok, I will check it, but I didn't any differents when I compare gargoyles with demofile

Last, since a few releases it isn't possible to alter the screen size in game like in the original anymore. The smallest setting is the center widescreen HUD. Before, it was possible to make the actual screen smaller with a flesh sprite border. Is there a reason for scrapping this feature of the original?

Shrinking sceen is a useless feature in opengl, therefore I disabled it.

View PostTekedon, on 12 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

I have a bug to report. If you pause the game, the game freezes when trying to unpause. You can still get to the menu, but you can't continue playing unless starting over.

Ok, I will fix it..I think this bug made a console. And as temporary solution - use a console instead of pause button

This post has been edited by M210: 13 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not so I need some input.

I have an issue for a few versions now where the status messages do not display in their usual colour:
Posted Image
Could it be some issue with the config file instead of a bug? Any tips?

Edit: Aaand I instantly found the problem after posting: somehow the message font setting got changed in BloodGDX.ini from 3 to 4. Changing it back to 3 again fixed the issue of course.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 13 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Is that font actually used anywhere? I don't remember seeing it in the original game.

User is offline   m210® 

Yes, in blood.cfg

[Options]
Detail = 4
AutoRun = 1
Interpolation = 1
ViewHBobbing = 1
ViewVBobbing = 1
OverlayMap = 0
RotateMap = 0
AimReticle = 1
SlopeTilting = 1
MessageState = 1
MessageCount = 4
MessageTime = 5
MessageFont = 0
AdultContent = 0
AdultPassword = ""

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Something I noticed when I was playing FrenchMeat (The first level).
A zombie walked into the secret which has dynomite (to the right of the crypt, the false wall) and I saw the popup of secret found.

I suspect this is an original Blood bug, where monsters can trigger secrets being counted.
Unless it is a Map issue.

Also I noticed that the swaying with the 'drunk' effect is better with 0.785. But the extra blurring effects on the screen are now gone.
I'm guessing this is a compromise? It's closer to the original DOS effect than it was, but mixing the two would probably get it closer again.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTiddalick, on 26 December 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

But the extra blurring effects on the screen are now gone.

Yes, it was very buggy if ROR sectors drawing. There is need to make other effect realization.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Not sure if these have been reported yet, but here are two little bugs I found on E3M2:

The texture on the clock in the beginning is upside down:
Attached File  Blood 1.jpg (212.92K)
Number of downloads: 36

And there is a floating box of TNT way up in the sky later in the level:
Attached File  Blood 2.jpg (254.47K)
Number of downloads: 36

That clock is actually not upside down, it's offset just enough to put the clock face at the bottom. Something similar happens to the "you must be this tall" sign at the beginning of House of Horrors

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

That clock is actually not upside down, it's offset just enough to put the clock face at the bottom. Something similar happens to the "you must be this tall" sign at the beginning of House of Horrors

oh okay, got it!

So would those be a problem with the original maps or with BloodGDX? And can they be fixed?

it was introduced in v.0775. No idea why it happens though

User is offline   SFJake 

About Custom Difficulty:

Its amazing that you added it, just a little thing: Enemy damage controls both their damage and their health. Shouldn't they be separate settings?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Death, on 29 December 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

oh okay, got it!

So would those be a problem with the original maps or with BloodGDX? And can they be fixed?

I just enabled non-powered of two texture rendering and it has a such bug if yoffset is bigger then 128 (may be different value I don't remember). Eduke32 also has this feature, but it seems duke's map don't using big offsets.

About custom level: I can't increase or decrease hitdamage only for enemy, I will need to sepatate damage from player and other objects in a lot of game methods in the code. So, I can multiple or divide enemy health to 2,3,4.... times

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostM210, on 29 December 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

I just enabled non-powered of two texture rendering and it has a such bug if yoffset is bigger then 128 (may be different value I don't remember). Eduke32 also has this feature, but it seems duke's map don't using big offsets.

About custom level: I can't increase or decrease hitdamage only for enemy, I will need to sepatate damage from player and other objects in a lot of game methods in the code. So, I can multiple or divide enemy health to 2,3,4.... times

The addition of the custom difficulty was very nice.
It would be great that if eventually you could set the individual enemy settings from something like a text file.
Something like:
[Cultist]
Health=
Weapon=
Awareness=

That would really open the game up for modding.
I realise something like that would be a far off thing.

The only large thing still missing is Multiplayer, I guess that is the priority?

User is offline   jablon1000 

Bug report: rotating "rest in peace" wreath in first level. Im using voxels.

Edit:

End level button also

This post has been edited by jablon1000: 10 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Ah...yeap...I just forgot to disable it in def file

User is offline   m210® 

I reupload bloodgdx.zip with fixed voxels.def.
"Rest in peace" and Exit button don't rotating now :dukecigar:

User is offline   Devon 

Just updated to 0786 and i get freezes followed by a crash.

The sound goes crazy when the freeze happens aswell, (drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!) then java stops working,
it loops insanely fast just like when you get a bluescreen when overclocking your cpu.

first time ever i had a crash in GDX so i guess i should be happy =)

Any idea on whats going on?

Fixed it by capping the framerate to 1000 instead of leaving it uncapped.

Runs like a dream now after 0786, what did you do? =)

This post has been edited by Devon: 11 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

User is offline   m210® 

What crash message are you had?

I rewrote a lot of code with resource loader...it's need for user rff working. So, data of sounds searching in three places now : in dynamic cache (if you playing in user episode), then in files, and then in rff packages.

But this searching freezes comes only on HDD disks while data loading to memory.

I thinking about making a precache for some resources

This post has been edited by M210: 11 January 2018 - 02:00 AM

User is offline   Nachuro 

M210, how can I get mod-specific sounds effects to work? I'm trying to get some of the sounds in Bloodlines TC to work, but they're broken/not playing.
Someone managed to get it to work on 0.785, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.

(The soft music in the bar is broken with my installation. Caleb just repeats "This is my boomstick" forever.)

I extracted the mod's zip folder into my BloodGDX folder and navigated to it from the "User Content" menu. Everything else seems to work except for the sound effects.

User is offline   m210® 

Zip archives don't support RFS files yet, therefore not simply mods can't use with zip.
You can use my version of this:

http://m210.duke4.ne...es/BLUDLINE.RFF

It will works without extracting.

And yes....v0.785 doesn't support user mods

This post has been edited by M210: 13 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I forgot, that original RFS file in BloodLines has a script typo, and console message you about it:

Open SND.rfs, find
data "BLUDLINE\RAW\SHOT.SFX as 9010: 100, 0x10000, 0x0, 1, -1, "shot";
and replace it to data "BLUDLINE\RAW\SHOT.SFX" as 9010: 100, 0x10000, 0x0, 1, -1, "shot";

After this changes bloodlines will work correctly

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options