Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   Devon 

I encountered a bug with a cultist in the deathwish v 1.3

Its probaly not a problem with dw itself so i thought id post my save file here (v0.769)

https://ufile.io/9ljeb

The cultist wont stop burning and running around.

Also please give me widescreen so i can donate more money haha =D
i stand by my word that if widescreen is done i donate more =)

Btw the Sound channel position is way off when using the tommy gun, I get gunfire comming out all over the place on my 5.1 setup.
I know it is an early sound engine and that it will be fixed. i just wanna nag about it cause im an ungrateful bastard :P

Also please someone who knows tell me how the original blood 3d sound on/off setting works.
Is it just 4 channel stereo or what ?
And why do the build engine games have so many voice channels hoe do they work?

I could really use full mouse bindings.
For example i want to change inventory left/right with mouse 4 and 5.

btw i got 12 computers running here in my lan room so if you need any help testing a certain gpu or cpu i might be able to help you out.

This post has been edited by Devon: 10 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks for your report. I can't fix this bug because I don't know what caused it. How did you kill the cultist?

This post has been edited by M210: 10 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDevon, on 10 July 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Btw the Sound channel position is way off when using the tommy gun, I get gunfire comming out all over the place on my 5.1 setup.
I know it is an early sound engine and that it will be fixed. i just wanna nag about it cause im an ungrateful bastard :wub:

Is it just 4 channel stereo or what ?

I know this bug, but writing of sound engine more difficlut then reverse engeneering of Blood :P Therefore I just don't touch my sound engine yet

There is 2 channel stereo in original ;) It's not problem to write 2 channel stereo sounds, but I want have a surround sounds :D So, maybe in future it will be better

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostDevon, on 10 July 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

The cultist wont stop burning and running around.

It's a flame guy.
http://blood-wiki.or...x.php/Flame_guy
I don't think it should be fixed (or at least this fix should be optional). It's just way too funny

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

Flameguy MUST stay :P

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 10 July 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

Thanks for your report. I can't fix this bug because I don't know what caused it. How did you kill the cultist?

I think i used a flaregun.
it is a tommygun cultist.
When i load the save again now he isnt on fire and when i hit him with the pitchfork he starts burning again running and screaming.

User is offline   Devon 

View Postfgsfds, on 11 July 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

It's a flame guy.
http://blood-wiki.or...x.php/Flame_guy
I don't think it should be fixed (or at least this fix should be optional). It's just way too funny

He is resistant to water is just so damn awsome! =D

View PostDevon, on 11 July 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

I think i used a flaregun.
it is a tommygun cultist.
When i load the save again now he isnt on fire and when i hit him with the pitchfork he starts burning again running and screaming.

This is a bug present in the original Blood. In other words this IS NOT a bug in BloodGDX. I for one vote to NOT fix this bug since it is so funny and is part of what Blood is :P

User is offline   Ceekur 

These builds seem to move very quickly, fixing most bugs (or features not fully added) soon after a release, but I will post a couple notes nonetheless.

Will we see an Anti-aliasing option soon? It's not that needed at high resolution, but certainly still noticeable on contrasting edges such as on Episode 2 where the water and glaciers meet up.

Numpad_Insert adds in a new Caleb character. Is this a debug feature for future multiplayer testing? (my wishful thinking :P ) In older builds, they would spam idle voice lines and were killable. In V0.770, they are invulnerable and occasionally mirror attacks back at you. Also, they tank your movement FPS (something to do with splitting movement frames between player actors?) and stay in every level until you exit the entire game.

The music seems a little buggy, with two tracks playing at once (perhaps MIDI and "soundblaster" track playing together). At least when I reached Dark Carnival, it had its track playing while still playing the track from E1M1 on top of it.

Having a slider to adjust key turn speed would complete the package, since the original had this. It may not be a high priority since very few folks don't use the mouse though. But thankfully it isn't super sonic anymore!

This post has been edited by Ceekur: 12 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

Great work as always with the new release! New voxels look great, but seem to have quite a large impact on the framerate, maybe add an option to only have the original voxels and also new ones.

Couple of bugs:

- Framerate seems alot worse for me somehow than in older releases, in deathwish episode 2 level 1 I get only 17 fps now in the beginning on an I7 4710hq @ 3.7 GHz

- Something strange is up with the "view/crosshair". It wasn't like this in earlier releases I think. The crosshair seems to be a tad lower on the screen if you compare it to the original in dosbox, bullets still hit where the crosshair is though and also does in the original. I'm not sure what it is but try to compare it to the original to see what I mean.

- Also, when making the screen smaller the view/perspective is not "pushed up" like it should be with the full hud active.

-Crosshair in widescreen mode is very large compared to 4:3.

- Some voxels like the shell casings and a mannequin in e6m1 seem "inside out" somehow, you can see the insides of the voxels.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 12 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

User is offline   Devon 

This has probaly been mentioned before.

But i give my experience on it anyways.

I just recently (yesterday) finished the deathwish mod and man is it hard as nails compared to the original blood episodes.

Anyway i have to save and load alot and every time i die and reload a save the music starts all over again from the begining.

This becomes very tiresome and somewhat frustrating in the later levels on each episode.

Dont get me wrong i absolutley love the challange, it is just so freaking annoying to hear the music restart every couple of minutes and often just seconds as you tend to die alot in the Deathwish.

Please fix the music to it just keeps on playing =)

Best regards!

User is offline   Devon 

View PostTekedon, on 12 July 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

Great work as always with the new release! New voxels look great, but seem to have quite a large impact on the framerate, maybe add an option to only have the original voxels and also new ones.

Couple of bugs:

- Framerate seems alot worse for me somehow than in older releases, in deathwish episode 2 level 1 I get only 17 fps now in the beginning on an I7 4710hq @ 3.7 GHz

- Something strange is up with the "view/crosshair". It wasn't like this in earlier releases I think. The crosshair seems to be a tad lower on the screen if you compare it to the original in dosbox, bullets still hit where the crosshair is though and also does in the original. I'm not sure what it is but try to compare it to the original to see what I mean.

- Also, when making the screen smaller the view/perspective is not "pushed up" like it should be with the full hud active.

-Crosshair in widescreen mode is very large compared to 4:3.

- Some voxels like the shell casings and a mannequin in e6m1 seem "inside out" somehow, you can see the insides of the voxels.

I can confirm that in deathwish Episode 2 lvl 1 the framerate is down from a few hundred to around 22-31fps compared to v0.769
Also when you jump from the car to the train and look out over the large area the fps goes down from 300-600 to around 25-40.

Update:
I changed the resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 and without any change in fps at the start.
The speed increases alot in 1080p compared to 4k but only when i turn around and look at the train door next to the 666 numbers on the wall.
If i turn and look out over the larger area where everything is moving the fps hit is the same in both 1080 and 4k res.

Fullscreen/windowed
vsync on/off
These settings do not change the performance hit any at all.

Ran one last test turning the resolution down all the way to 640x480 and i get the exact same fps slowdown.

None of this was present in v0.769.

Best regards!

This post has been edited by Devon: 12 July 2017 - 03:27 AM

View PostDevon, on 12 July 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

I can confirm that in deathwish Episode 2 lvl 1 the framerate is down from a few hundred to around 24-47fps compared to v0.769
Also when you jump from the car to the train and look out over the large area the fps goes down from 300-600 to around 40-50.

Yeah, I've played some more and seems like the framerate is lower overall. Had a stable >300 fps on e1m1 but now I dip below 80 fps in some places. Tried disabling voxels but it does not help much, so it isn't due to voxels. Something else has changed.

User is offline   Devon 

View PostTekedon, on 12 July 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

Yeah, I've played some more and seems like the framerate is lower overall. Had a stable >300 fps on e1m1 but now I dip below 80 fps in some places. Tried disabling voxels but it does not help much, so it isn't due to voxels. Something else has changed.

when the performance hit stays the same in 640x480 and 4k you know it is something very strange going on here.

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's voxels. They are very demanding and something should be done about it.

Posted Image Posted Image

The crosshair seems to be a tad lower on the screen if you compare it to the original in dosbox, bullets still hit where the crosshair is though and also does in the original

Aim was completely off in the earlier versions. In 0.770 crasshair shows the exact spot the bullets will hit. It's probably related to that.
Also, the entire field of view is a bit different in GDX. Crosshair is lower but it still points at almost the same spot as in the original game.

Posted Image Posted Image

Anyway i have to save and load alot and every time i die and reload a save the music starts all over again from the begining.

It's the same in the original game.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 12 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

View PostDevon, on 12 July 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

when the performance hit stays the same in 640x480 and 4k you know it is something very strange going on here.

Very. Tried 320x200, 80 fps at graveyard in e1m1. I have more in dosbox hehe.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

It's the same in the original game.

Yeah, it is and I'd love to see it changed/improved. It's very annoying if you reload the game and the music starts playing from the start again. I'd say that this is even more annoying with CD music since they're even longer.

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDzierzan, on 12 July 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Yeah, it is and I'd love to see it changed/improved. It's very annoying if you reload the game and the music starts playing from the start again. I'd say that this is even more annoying with CD music since they're even longer.

Yeah it gets very annoying and it should be changed atleast as a optional feature.

Seems like the fps issues are atleast partly due to voxels, tried turning down the details to eliminate all voxels and voila, framerate is much better. Gonna play with voxels off for now.

Should be an option to have only original voxels.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 12 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

User is offline   m210® 

You can delete voxel.def from blood folder, while renderer not using VBOs :P

There is one extremely annoying thing, but I'm not sure if it's BloodGDX fault. I'm talking about inability to aim with mouse while standing on a sloped surface, e.g. stairs or fallen building (like in Death Wish's "Duck & Cover"). While you can use the mouselook, all of your shots will just go forward, no matter at what angle you are pointing. Frustrating because it makes nearly all of the weapons useless, and you need to re-adjust yourself on many encounters...

That said, thanks to BloodGDX I've been on a Blood binge since June. This port really revitalized this excellent game. Kudos!

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I will check it, thanks

Chocking hand bug-- can't unchoke unless you open a door.
https://app.box.com/...x0ttfe27oet2tog

User is offline   Dzierzan 

If you shoot a zombie coming from the earth with the sawed-off and he goes down, once he gets up again, he will not target the player. This is not BloodGDX's bug, as it can be reproduced in Dosbox too.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostWookiestick, on 12 July 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

So, are you really want, that hand will easier unchoke?
It can be unchoke now, but it's not too fast

If you shoot a zombie coming from the earth with the sawed-off and he goes down, once he gets up again, he will not target the player. This is not BloodGDX's bug, as it can be reproduced in Dosbox too.
Ok, I will check it :P

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostWookiestick, on 12 July 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

You can, you just need to hit "use" key very fast. Apparently, the longer the hand chokes you, the faster you have to hit the button.

User is offline   m210® 

Numpad_Insert adds in a new Caleb character. Is this a debug feature for future multiplayer testing?

Forgot to answer...yes, I forgot to delete this button in release :P) I used second player for record my last video "fake multiplayer" ;)))

Will we see an Anti-aliasing option soon?

I don't planning to working on renderer at near future.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Hmm...The "stacked" sky seems to have returned in this new version (0.770):
Attached File  Blood 1.jpg (58.27K)
Number of downloads: 25

And this is what happens when looking up standing on an angled surface with "slope tilting" enabled:
Attached File  Blood 2.jpg (49.84K)
Number of downloads: 30

Also another small bug I've noticed is that sometimes when I change a setting in the launch menu, the game will start with all sounds disabled, and it will not allow me to re-enable the sound again until I quit and restart the game.

Thanks again & keep up the great work :P

View PostM210, on 12 July 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

So, are you really want, that hand will easier unchoke?
It can be unchoke now, but it's not too fast

Ok, I will check it :P

On retrospect, it might be my keystroke encryption program I use (keyscrambler) plus the fact that I have use/open remapped to Numpad 1 which might be causing the issue.

User is offline   Ceekur 

View PostM210, on 12 July 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Forgot to answer...yes, I forgot to delete this button in release ;)) I used second player for record my last video "fake multiplayer" :D))

I don't planning to working on renderer at near future.

Thanks for replying :wub: Yeah it's understandable working on other bug fixes before adding new visual aspects not in the original game.
If you're wondering, I used Nvidia Control Panel and set a x8 Anti-Alias Override on javaw.exe (can't select any one Java program, you have to apply it to all Java applets) to see if it would affect BloodGDX. It works and applies anti-aliasing to Blood properly. So if anyone wants to have AA right now, this method works so long as you have an Nvidia GPU card. :P

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options