Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

Welcome to the bugs report thread :P
If you have a crash or bug, please, post it here with logs attach. Also you can make savegame file for quickly bug discovering ;)

2. I want to know, how it can happen:
Dassert: nXSprite > 0 && nXSprite < kMaxXSprites
Full stack trace: 	java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Unknown Source)
	ru.m210projects.Blood.Globals.dassert(Globals.java:338)
	ru.m210projects.Blood.View.viewDrawScreen(View.java:580)
	ru.m210projects.Blood.Main.GameLoop(Main.java:1381)
	ru.m210projects.Blood.Main.render(Main.java:1999)
	com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:207)
	com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:
114)

evict.MAP

This post has been edited by M210: 18 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

User is offline   Tekedon 

Some voxel items need to be affected by lighting, not exactly sure which ones are in the original but here is an example (shot from original in dosbox)
Other pic is from GDX.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 20 June 2017 - 01:19 AM

User is offline   axl 

I assume you are aware of the ROR problem.

Apparently this bug doesn't appear when you're inside the sector itself.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by axl: 20 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

User is offline   Tiddalick 

A funny bug with .769 after your changes to "projectiles flying up to parallaxed skies now".

1) Go to a level such as E6M1 with a parallaxed sky.
2) Turn on Godmode
3) Place a lot of remote mines at your feet (>8 for the effect).
4) Detonate them

You will fly up into the sky and get stuck on the roof for a period of time.
It seems to calculate how long you would be in the sky for, so the more mines, the longer your stuck.
Eventually you do fall down.

The original blood action would be to simply bounce you off the ceiling.

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I will see what's wrong

Same with flying enemies like gargoyles, they should also bounce off the ceiling. I encounterd a gargoyle that kept flying higher and higher and never came down in e2m4. Statue physics are PERFECT now. I'll report if I find any more bugs.

Oh, slope tilting seems a bit wonky still, it's like the framerate of the screen tilting is lower than ingame so it feels like lower fps when walking on a sloped surface.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 25 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

Found a new bug. When blowing up some gib objects like bodyparts left from enemies the bloodfchunks aren't animated. **Seems like this is random and does not happen all the time, noticed it often in e6m1.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 25 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTekedon, on 25 June 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Oh, slope tilting seems a bit wonky still, it's like the framerate of the screen tilting is lower than ingame so it feels like lower fps when walking on a sloped surface.

If it's anything like Duke3D, that's calculated per tic and not per frame because in multiplayer, changing the horiz (controls looking up and down) like that would throw you out of sync. This can be solved by interpolating between the previous and current horiz values every frame--search the Duke source for "smoothratio" for an example.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTerminX, on 25 June 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

This can be solved by interpolating between the previous and current horiz values

Yes, player horiz is not interpolated at this time...I can add it.
Btw, it is a news for me, that interpolation will broke multiplayer

• el fundador

It's not the interpolation that would break multiplayer, it would be the updating horiz every frame that would break it.

I have a request/suggestion. One irritating bug present in Blood is that sometimes when an enemy is in another sector (even though the sectors are on the same level) explosions won't hurt the enemy. Is this something people wan't fixed? Or something that can even be fixed?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 26 June 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

Is this something people wan't fixed? Or something that can even be fixed?

It's possible to fix, I need just to calculate projection on the wall and get coordinates of projection point, instead of get coordinates of the wall point.

User is offline   axl 

View PostTekedon, on 26 June 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

I have a request/suggestion. One irritating bug present in Blood is that sometimes when an enemy is in another sector (even though the sectors are on the same level) explosions won't hurt the enemy. Is this something people wan't fixed? Or something that can even be fixed?

Good question. I believe a port should, at first, aim at 100 % vanilla accuracy. After that, one can make these kinda gameplay tweaks optional. Sort of like Zdoom's compatibility options.

Guest_RageBlood_*

Found a bug where the zombie wouldn't die by any of the weapons I had here's a video showing the bug. https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by RageBlood: 26 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostM210, on 25 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Yes, player horiz is not interpolated at this time...I can add it.
Btw, it is a news for me, that interpolation will broke multiplayer

Your going to have a lot of work a head of you for multiplayer. At this point, I wouldn't even consider the old peer-to-peer networking model. You should do the research and figure out how to get your code working with the authoritative client server model.

User is offline   TheCultist 

Is it just me or does Death Wish mod no longer work correctly with v0.769 (never tried with older versions tho)? In DW E1M1 two gargoyles (a regular one and a stone one) get stuck flying in a circle far away in the sky (when you come back to the house to get the skull key from upstairs, after the house explodes). This prevents me from proceeding further. Can anyone try this?

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 26 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

User is offline   Mr. Death 

Here's a couple of bugs I've noticed with the newest version of BloodGDX (0.769):

-The Gargoyles seem to be broken in this new version (0.769). The best example of this is on E1M7 when fighting Cheog, sometimes when he spawns he flies up high into the skybox and never comes back down, making the level impossible to complete. There were several other levels were this happened to me with the regular gargoyle enemies as well, with them flying too high into the sky and never coming back.

-The stacked/tiled sky effect can still be seen when looking up while standing on an angled surface with the slope tilting option enabled.

Thanks M210 for all the time & effort you've put into this port, keep up the amazing work!

User is offline   TheCultist 

Yeah, can confirm, after I loaded the very same DW savefile with v0.768, the stone gargoyle respawned closer to me and I was able to kill him and continue.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostRageBlood, on 26 June 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Found a bug where the zombie wouldn't die by any of the weapons I had here's a video showing the bug

Just want to say, its not a bug...

-The stacked/tiled sky effect can still be seen when looking up while standing on an angled surface with the slope tilting option enabled.

It's fixed.

Gargoyle bug will fixed in the next release

User is offline   axl 

Found a bug... "next weapon" and "previous weapon" buttons won't work when you have the tesla cannon akimbo. Once the akimbo powerup is depleted, you can use these buttons again. This only happens with the tesla cannon.

This post has been edited by axl: 26 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

User is offline   Jim 

View PostM210, on 26 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Gargoyle bug will fixed in the next release

Is it related to the stone gargoyle crouching bug? Can that be fixed?

Guest_RageBlood_*

View PostM210, on 26 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Just want to say, its not a bug...

Then what is it? a glitch?

[edit]:never mind it happens in the original dos port

This post has been edited by RageBlood: 26 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

• el fundador

I'm curious of what it is too, if not a bug.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTerminX, on 26 June 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

This is the bugs and problems thread, so if it's not a bug, it must be a "problem". :P

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTerminX, on 26 June 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

All of enemies, that have "locked" trigger flag will be invulnerable.
I don't know why the zombie has this flag (on the map)....maybe this is just an idea of the author.

View PostJim, on 26 June 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Is it related to the stone gargoyle crouching bug? Can that be fixed?

Maybe I can, but it will be not a "Blood" gargoyle, and it will be impossible to compare recorded demos from original game. Comapirng demos - is the only way to make BloodGDX indistinguishable from the original game. Therefore I will not fix such bugs at this time. Maybe in long-long future.

This post has been edited by M210: 27 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

View PostM210, on 27 June 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Maybe I can, but it will be not a "Blood" gargoyle, and it will be impossible to compare recorded demos from original game. Comapirng demos - is the only way to make BloodGDX indistinguishable from the original game. Therefore I will not fix such bugs at this time. Maybe in long-long future.

I don't understand this logic. Comparing demos made by the original game to your stuff makes a lot sense. Why do you say its impossible to "compare recorded demos"?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View Posticecoldduke, on 27 June 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

I don't understand this logic. Comparing demos made by the original game to your stuff makes a lot sense. Why do you say its impossible to "compare recorded demos"?

Currently, the main goal is to make the port as close to the original game as possible. This includes the ability to flawlessly play demos recorded in the 1.21 dos version. Once BGDX can do that, it'll be safe to say that the port is (almost) completely accurate to the original game.
Obviously, any differences made to the game's mechanics (like fixing gargoyles' inability to attack player while he's crouching) will make demos go out of sync.
These bugs can and should be fixed, but it will probably be done after that as a part of some "enhanced mode".

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 27 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   gordon81 

View Postaxl, on 20 June 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

I assume you are aware of the ROR problem.

Apparently this bug doesn't appear when you're inside the sector itself.

It?s engine problem since BloodCM, but the autor tell us it´s a work in progress port.

Other effects like spiders bite poisoned trip itsn?t appear at moment.

I hope this gliches get out in a final release.

This post has been edited by gordon81: 02 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Bug: if you use any cheat and win a level, there will no message that you cheated.

User is offline   m210® 

Its not a bug, its a different :P Anyway I already added this text to statscreen

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options