Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "No, the project is not dead."

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism
  • 6,445

  #91

All I ask is if you see the leak pop up or talked about anywhere, mention that it's stolen data and direct them here.
0

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,951

#92

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

All I ask is if you see the leak pop up or talked about anywhere, mention that it's stolen data and direct them here.


So it was stolen? If I'm going to tell someone it was stolen I need to have more information. In your OP of this thread there was no mention of any terms or conditions specified by Joe Wilcox (The IP owner?) when he sent the data. We were given to understand that it was a gift to the community. Well, if someone on your team shared it with someone else in the community, and that person shared it with someone else, and then it ended up in Robman's hands (who is definitely part of the SW community), then it's not clear that anything was stolen.
1

User is offline   TerminX 

  • el fundador
  • 5,633

  #93

Joe Wilcox stated that he wanted to find and review the original contracts before anything having to do with the data was ever released, just to make sure that he remembered the details correctly. Leaking these files goes directly against the wishes of the guy who bothered to take the time and find them in the first place, and that's just not cool.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!
4

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,951

#94

View PostTerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

Joe Wilcox stated that he wanted to find and review the original contracts before anything having to do with the data was ever released, just to make sure that he remembered the details correctly. Leaking these files goes directly against the wishes of the guy who bothered to take the time and find them in the first place, and that's just not cool.


Look I get that it's not cool. And believe me, I have no desire to see a red nail polish edition of DK with Lo Wang's hands. But that statement you just made raises more questions. You said that Joe Wilcox wanted to "find" the original contracts, implying that he doesn't have them and doesn't know what they say. Also that he didn't want the data released until that find and review was completed. Strange, because that same condition would then surely apply to Hendricks266's team as well, and yet no one seemed concerned about it. What if Joe was unable to find the contracts? Would that mean that Team Hendricks would not release DK even if they had finished it? What if something was found in the contracts that made release a bad idea? It's funny, because we were led to believe that Team Hendricks was free and clear to develop and release, but now it sounds like they actually weren't.
2

User is offline   TerminX 

  • el fundador
  • 5,633

  #95

What does any of that have to do with the fact that the data was released without permission? Oh, right, nothing. STFU, please.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!
0

User is offline   TheZombieKiller 

  • 288

#96

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 June 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Look I get that it's not cool. And believe me, I have no desire to see a red nail polish edition of DK with Lo Wang's hands. But that statement you just made raises more questions. You said that Joe Wilcox wanted to "find" the original contracts, implying that he doesn't have them and doesn't know what they say. Also that he didn't want the data released until that find and review was completed. Strange, because that same condition would then surely apply to Hendricks266's team as well, and yet no one seemed concerned about it. What if Joe was unable to find the contracts? Would that mean that Team Hendricks would not release DK even if they had finished it? What if something was found in the contracts that made release a bad idea? It's funny, because we were led to believe that Team Hendricks was free and clear to develop and release, but now it sounds like they actually weren't.

I'm not sure why you'd need any of that information just to be able to tell someone "this was stolen, refer to the following post for more information."

Avatar by 88alice/Kurashiki
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism
  • 6,445

  #97

I've posted in the past about Joe looking in his attic for the contracts. For now, the data was given to my team, not the public. The other SW addons were released as freeware and I have no doubt that DK, when completed, is eligible too, but we were asked not to share it until given the green light.
1

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,951

#98

View PostTerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 01:47 AM, said:

What does any of that have to do with the fact that the data was released without permission? Oh, right, nothing. STFU, please.


Hey, it was stuff that you brought up yourself. It's not like I was trying to derail the thread by introducing an irrelevant topic.

I will shut up after this post, though. I was just trying to point out that most of us aren't privy to how the data was given to you guys or what the terms and conditions were, so we aren't in a position to say whether it was "stolen". For all we knew, Mr. Wilcox had sent it along with a note that said "this is my gift to your community, share it with whomever you want." Evidently that's not the case.
2

User is offline   TerminX 

  • el fundador
  • 5,633

  #99

I don't personally think stolen was the right word either, it was leaked.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!
1

User is offline   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here
  • 1,036

#100

I wouldn't enjoy playing leaked and unfinished material. Maybe icecoldduke will have made significant progress with his EDuke32 port for SW by the time you guys are finished with DK, so we might be able to play it with that directly. I could wait for that.


This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

5

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism
  • 6,445

  #101

I've split out a series of posts that were nothing more than personal insults directed at me and my leadership. I will continue to do this for any more that crop up, because they are off-topic.
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,329

#102

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

It has come to my attention that someone has leaked all of the recovered Deadly Kiss data to Robman, who is now spreading it around in retaliation for being banned, with the help of Corvin from RTCM.

This is an unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material and I ask the community's help in stamping it out.

I don't fucking understand why this guy keeps doing stupid shit. Unfortunately at this point, I would assume anyone who really cares about the data already has it.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God
  • 934

#103

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

This is an unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material and I ask the community's help in stamping it out.


Why is this so hard to understand for some people.

Likely you've (whoever you are) fucked up the reputation of the entire community as well. What is the likelihood of anyone ever coming forth with assets of unreleased or unfinished projects surrounding the BUILD engine now that you have created complete distrust? Well done.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016
6

User is offline   LeoTCK 

  • 7

#104

Where have you been? You're supposing to be working on the maps aren't you?

And complete distrust to whom? You, I'd say.

You're only saying these things because you feel ownership over it. But guess what, the ownership isn't truly yours.
-2

User is offline   BlitZ 

  • Banned on Rigel
  • 4,641

#105

Right, Joe Wilcox owns it and you've violated his ownership.

FREE JOHNNY!
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God
  • 934

#106

View PostLeoTCK, on 08 June 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Where have you been? You're supposing to be working on the maps aren't you?


I'm sticking to the plan we've had from the get-go, like I'm supposed to. We have an all-encompassing plan ready to go at a moments notice.

I wasn't directing the post at you, either, no reason to get upset. Unless of course you leaked the data.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,329

#107

It shouldn't be that hard to find out who leaked the data. Robman doesn't have that many friends on this forum. The sad part is the DK team will be pointing fingers at other members of the DK team and I hope that doesn't cause the collapse of the project. I hope you guys find the leaker as soon as possible.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

0

User is offline   BlitZ 

  • Banned on Rigel
  • 4,641

#108

That's definitely not going to happen. We all trust each other.

FREE JOHNNY!
2

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,539

#109

SOMEONE had to leak it.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble
0

User is offline   BlitZ 

  • Banned on Rigel
  • 4,641

#110

It was not someone on the dev team. But an interloper who claimed to be a researcher.

FREE JOHNNY!
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,539

#111

Ah. But wouldn't that person effectively be part of the team, having been entrusted with access to the content?

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,686

#112

Has anybody contacted Joe about this yet to see what he thinks?

Is there a possibility that he may have shared the dk material with someone other than Hendricks (& apparently Leo)?

Is the released material the raw stuff, or does it contain any work done by the team?

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

0

User is offline   BlitZ 

  • Banned on Rigel
  • 4,641

#113

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 June 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

Ah. But wouldn't that person effectively be part of the team, having been entrusted with access to the content?

Part of a team, but not the dev team.

FREE JOHNNY!
1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,329

#114

View PostJimmy, on 08 June 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

Part of a team, but not the dev team.

Glad you guys found out who leaked it. I would anticipate Robman starting a rouge dev team, whose sole purpose, is to finish up DK before you guys do. It's really sad how petty some of these SW fans are.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God
  • 934

#115

For some people it's about doing the best to cash in on the reputation as soon as possible, forfeiting quality development that's approved by the members of the original development team.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,686

#116

maybe something was said on irc, or elsewhere, but all I see is Corvin making threads about it. I haven't seen Rob say anything about it yet.
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,329

#117

View PostDaedolon, on 08 June 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

For some people it's about doing the best to cash in on the reputation as soon as possible, forfeiting quality development that's approved by the members of the original development team.

Its just sad watching untalented fucks derail development being done by people that actually have talent. I guess its too much to ask for Robman and his followers to come up with a original mod idea and figure out how to implement it :(.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

1

User is offline   Duke of Hazzard 

  • 165

#118

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 June 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Glad you guys found out who leaked it. I would anticipate Robman starting a rouge dev team, whose sole purpose, is to finish up DK before you guys do. It's really sad how petty some of these SW fans are.


Don't think so. Why leak the unfinished content then? He just wanted to take it apart and release the bits, which is why he wanted the team behind the restoration project to hurry.

They might try to make a mod out of it or even finish it themselves, but it's not exactly easy considering even the protagonist is different and requires new voice (as it's a woman).
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,686

#119

enjoying all the accusations.
i'm not 'in the know', so as far as I can tell, it's all based on nothing more than assumptions.

can someone please provide some poof of who 'leaked' the material.
can someone also please provide some proof that robman is behind it - because all I see is corvin involved in promoting the hosting and spread of the DK files.
0

User is offline   TerminX 

  • el fundador
  • 5,633

  #120

View PostForge, on 08 June 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

enjoying all the accusations.
i'm not 'in the know', so as far as I can tell, it's all based on nothing more than assumptions.

can someone please provide some poof of who 'leaked' the material.
can someone also please provide some proof that robman is behind it - because all I see is corvin involved in promoting the hosting and spread of the DK files.

We logged LeoTCK accessing a forgotten copy of the data on our server at the end of last month, and Robman accessing it 2 days later. Robman spammed links to it all over our Discord and gave it to Corvin to release in retaliation for banning him. It's very clear what happened and there is zero ambiguity in any of it.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!
2

Share this topic:


  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options