Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

I'm editing this topic because this purpose of this thread has changed drastically. You can updated binaries and source code on my website https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

Original post:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 28 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

User is offline   Lord_Kane 

This would be an amazing additional episode, but the question is, how far is your port from functionality? kinda need to get that running first before talking about a new episode.

I wonder if there are any sound clips of jung un you could use for the boss...
a sub boss would have to Dennis Rodman, as he is a "friend' on the Jungs.

User is offline   NNC 

Wow, Kim Jung Un allies with mind controlled gorillas and giant snakes? I hope we'll hear the story on CNN.

Btw. keep up the good work. SW badly needs more recognition.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

We'd love to help out, but we're still working on the last project you walked away from.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Idea threads plz go

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Do you have any level designers on board?

View PostTea Monster, on 22 May 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

We'd love to help out, but we're still working on the last project you walked away from.

Unfortunately one of the downsides to working in the game industry is non compete contracts. I understand and deserve a bunch of shit for past transgressions from you guys, but I got tired of walking down the fine line that I was doing. Fortunately I'm in a better position with this since I'm only doing game code and not graphics upgrades.

View PostLord_Kane, on 22 May 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

This would be an amazing additional episode, but the question is, how far is your port from functionality? kinda need to get that running first before talking about a new episode. I wonder if there are any sound clips of jung un you could use for the boss...a sub boss would have to Dennis Rodman, as he is a "friend' on the Jungs.

Not that far off, I can actually get the remainder done in the next few days if I hack around some issues. I am instead trying to get a full grasp of the codebase by getting everything implemented properly.

View PostMicky C, on 22 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Do you have any level designers on board?

There are no level designers on board yet. If your willing to join, I would love to have you on the team.

Idea threads plz go

I can actually say this is my first game pitch of sorts. How bad did I do :(.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 22 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Posticecoldduke, on 22 May 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

That will be done here shortly, I don't have much left to do on that front.

SW playable on an eduke32 port?
I'd have your baby.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 22 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I can actually say this is my first game pitch of sorts. How bad did I do :(.

You tell us.
1. 'tis the season. Two offers, to join a brand new team, are seen at the CryEngine right now, and since I only can count to ten, +ten at Unity 3D .
2. I've read you plan to merge stuff with Eduke32. Will this then mean, one can actually make maps in Mapster32? If not, you need to make this (image below) to go away, to draw old or even new mappers.
Attached File  BuildRaw01.jpg (46.72K)
Number of downloads: 50
3. Once a mapper knows what which actor does, when and where and why and how etc.; good maps will follow. Shadow Warrior is a great game, the best in my books, but it lacks tools, that work on current OSs.

All the best. If you build it they will come. :(

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 22 May 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

Hey guys,

As many of you know I'm back and hooking up the Shadow Warrior codebase to Eduke32. What I've also touched on is creating a new episode for Shadow Warrior. I want to focus on making gameplay, with the exception of redueing the panel(status bar) code. I want to make new weapons, and the code is not as malleable as I would like. Termit has graciously given me permission to include the HD status bar assets from Redux in the project. On my GitHub these assets will be located in swhd/redux/*.*. I have received permission for non commercial useage of these assets. If anyone else would like to use these assets, I would contact Termit directly. Thanks again Termit!!

What do you guys think?

What do I think? I think your priority should be getting SW working in eduke32. After that, add FLAC support, in addition to the .ogg and vorbis support that's there already.

As far as that new ep goes, don't call him Kim Jong Un, so that his country's cyberarmy doesn't target you. Spoof his name and appearance, though, but claim that it's not really him. You're dealing with a police state that has no problem with retaliating against its enemies.

This post has been edited by Master O: 22 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMaster O, on 22 May 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

After that, add FLAC support

EDuke32 supports FLAC.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Unfortunately one of the downsides to working in the game industry is non compete contracts. I understand and deserve a bunch of shit for past transgressions from you guys, but I got tired of walking down the fine line that I was doing. Fortunately I'm in a better position with this since I'm only doing game code and not graphics upgrades.

What does a non-commercial Duke port have to do with non compete contracts? A lot of people were let down by PolymerNG being abandoned.

Hey guys can we focus on this topic. The only insults I would like to see are the ones directed at me :(.

Here is the Redux UI assets working in EDuke32 SW.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 22 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View Posticecoldduke, on 22 May 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Hey guys can we focus on this topic. The only insults I would like to see are the ones directed at me :(.

OK. You're so ugly that when you were born, the doctor slapped your mama. :(

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

There are no level designers on board yet. If your willing to join, I would love to have you on the team.

I don't have the time, let alone the SW mapping knowledge. Actually, there's a thought... mapster32 sort of has some support for SW maps since it uses the same format, but is incomplete. You might be able to widen your mapping net if mapster32 fully supported SW level design.

To my knowledge, the main limitations are:
-Size perspective. IIRC SW maps are 1.5 times larger than Duke maps in scale? Perhaps there can be a 'SW' mode where this is accounted for. I.e the grid size becomes 1.5 times larger. Also, the 'gravity' mode in 3D mode which moves the camera to the player height is correct.

-SW effects. I gather there are certain tags for the SW effects that aren't compatible/accounted for in mapster32.

The only insults I would like to see are the ones directed at me :(.

You're ugly Posted Image

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

Here is the Redux UI assets working in EDuke32 SW.

What happened to PolymerNG?

I just got the savegame system working. I borrowed code from Redux, and had to modify that for EDuke32 and x64. Evan the only issue I'm having now is sprites are not drawing with there alphas in the savegame screenshot. Do you know what might be going on?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Are you using the same code we do to take a GL screenshot and index it to the game palette? There may be a missing option for alpha testing somewhere in the setup code for that.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 May 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Are you using the same code we do to take a GL screenshot and index it to the game palette? There may be a missing option for alpha testing somewhere in the setup code for that.

Yeah I am, I'll take a look.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Thread cleaned up and anyone who shits in it again is banned. Thanks!

New Binary Drop(compiled against eduke32_20170423-6129)
There is a new patch https://forums.duke4...post__p__277712

Video:

How to play:
  • Make sure you have the Visual Studio 2017 x64 runtimes installed.
  • Download Shadow Warrior Classic(1997) from steam. Its free!!
  • Extract the raw file into its own directory.
  • Copy SW.GRP and the MUSIC folder into the folder where you extracted the binary.
  • Run! Only Polymost is supported right now.

New Features:
  • N/A First release.

Please stress test these specific items:
  • Save Game
  • General Gameplay

Known Issues
  • SOFTWARE RENDERER: Untested
  • POLYMOST: Movies have garbage palette.
  • POLYMER: Sprites sometimes disappear
  • ALL: UI doesn't render correctly at 4k resolutions.
  • POLYMER: Mirrors aren't rendering correctly.
  • ALL: Voxels are not rendering properly(disabled by default).
  • When the player goes into water, there are areas where he can not resurface. The first level in the second episode comes to mind. The middle part of the river, the player can not resurface for some reason. Go to the whirlpool area to resurface.
  • Mouse movement is very wonky. Use keyboard.
  • Keyboard bindings are not able to be changed through the mainmenu. Can be changed in sw.cfg.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Download Shadow Warrior Classic(1997) from steam. Its free!!

Does your project require the Steam version or will the original 90's CD version work?

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Download Shadow Warrior Classic(1997) from steam. Its free!!

Does your project require the Steam version or will the original 90's CD version work?

The original sw.grp will work fine. If you want music you will need the music folder from the steam version.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

While you are at it, can you fix all those polymer bugs that we reported months ago and nobody fixed?

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I can help with new music when the time comes, and game design plans and sketches (if it makes any sense) What the extension of the episode is gonna be? Number of maps, etc.
Some problem with the original SW is that most levels feels maze like instead of unlinnear and have some unfair battles imo.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 23 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

User is offline   Mark 

The first map loads but my view spins around. I went to options and when I enter keyboard or mouse setup the game freezes and I have to "task manager" my way back to desktop.
Win7 64bit.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostTea Monster, on 22 May 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Could we know more about it?

User is offline   Mark 

Darn, just got the call to dinner. Be back shortly.

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

The first map loads but my view spins around. I went to options and when I enter keyboard or mouse setup the game freezes and I have to "task manager" my way back to desktop.
Win7 64bit.

Try disabling mouse input. I did not see that happen during my testing but that should prevent that from happening.

Edit sw.cfg and change UseMouse = 1 to UseMouse = 0

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options