Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

  • Evil Overlord
  • 871

#1201

Well, we won't agree here but I think we've privately at least come to a vague understanding of the issues at stake.

In the end a person can do what the want even if others say you are wrong. Even if you are (or are not) if it works for what you want in the end you'll be satisfied even if others call you a genius or a buffoon. It is the life. And now I can't decide if I should have another beer or a cup of coffee...

Maybe both.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...
2

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1202

View PostMblackwell, on 25 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Well, we won't agree here but I think we've privately at least come to a vague understanding of the issues at stake.

In the end a person can do what the want even if others say you are wrong. Even if you are (or are not) if it works for what you want in the end you'll be satisfied even if others call you a genius or a buffoon. It is the life. And now I can't decide if I should have another beer or a cup of coffee...

Maybe both.

I completely agree. I can only speak for myself, but I'm going to have a beer :).

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,111

#1203

crash-happy save (polymer)
it seems sensitive to the use of the grenade launcher & the riot gun. The rocket launcher is usable, but not completely safe. Throwing a dozen sticky-bombs on the enemy seems fine.The shuriken & katana are also safe to use.

Attached File  game0_0.zip (287.55K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

0

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,123

#1204

View PostMark., on 25 July 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Was that ambience music supposed to settle things down? Now I'm real mad. ;)

Don't be. My target is the one making good things happen. Duke4 will never settle down :lol:
more potential sounds

Also, when I play the game with my fancy headset, after five minutes or so, the game starts to lag, visually. When I play with basic speakers, the game does not.
Thus, once and for all, can't wait for the new sound engine.

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher

This post has been edited by Hank: 26 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1205

View PostHank, on 25 July 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Don't be. My target is the one making good things happen. Duke4 will never settle down.

Everyone on this forum is very passionate. These kind of discussions are great to have.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
2

User is offline   Mblackwell 

  • Evil Overlord
  • 871

#1206

BTW, according to the discussion Forge posted with the GZDoom devs OpenAL has the same feature set as FMOD. Just as an aside.

Music: The Rejected Applications (listen now)
EDuke32 || EDuke32 Wiki || Latest EDuke32 Snapshots
I'm getting too old for this shit...
0

User is offline   sirlemonhead 

  • 13

#1207

What platforms are you hoping to run on that OpenAL doesn't support?
0

User is offline   TON 

  • 60

#1208

I have compiled the code of 23 july with O2 enabled and it has too lag

Now i have compiled the latest source of 26 july with O2 enabled and is very fast.

The speed difference is like the difference between classic and polymer in duke 3d

This post has been edited by TON: 26 July 2017 - 03:13 AM

1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1209

Fine. I'll drop FMOD and go with OpenAL : ).

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Player Lin 

  • 253

#1210

Also, the other reason why GZDoom use OpenAL, is because the author of OpenAL soft just tried to support ZDooM years ago and recently help GZDooM devs to fix problems, so using OpenAL soft would be nice since the OpenAL dev still actives...

EDIT : Fixed links...

I'm the guy at 3DRealms Forum...

http://forums.3dreal...mber.php?u=3816

Sometimes, I act like a stupid asshole. I know, and I'm sorry about that. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1211

View PostPlayer Lin, on 26 July 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Also, the other reason why GZDoom use OpenAL, is because the author of OpenAL soft just tried to support ZDooM years ago and recently help GZDooM devs to fix problems, so using OpenAL soft would be nice since the OpenAL dev still actives...

EDIT : Fixed links...

Do you have the contact info for the guy that helped out GZDoom's implementation?

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Player Lin 

  • 253

#1212

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 July 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Do you have the contact info for the guy that helped out GZDoom's implementation?


It's the same guy who helps on ZDooM, just use his site's mailing list form to send him e-mail.
The root of OpenAL soft site also have his contact info

EDIT : Fixed shit, the author just put his mail info on his site's index page, not his OpenAL soft page... :3

I'm the guy at 3DRealms Forum...

http://forums.3dreal...mber.php?u=3816

Sometimes, I act like a stupid asshole. I know, and I'm sorry about that. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

0

User is offline   leilei 

  • 525

#1213

*random raised concern for familiarly aliased sounds getting forced resampling*

Posted Image
0

User is online   Master O 

  • 81

#1214

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 July 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Do you have the contact info for the guy that helped out GZDoom's implementation?


If you also happen to be looking for Graf Zahl himself, he can be found on Doomworld's forums, as well as Zdoom's.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,111

#1215

dropped all three grp files in the base directory - used the launcher drop-down menu to select the game/addon - played all three, saved, loaded, etc. - no issues & no problems with assets assignments (the right enemies, etc are showing up in the right game)

figured out that if I hit the escape key when I experience one of those auto-last-save-load-bcause I was holding down the fire button-game-locked - the game won't crash

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1216

View PostForge, on 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

dropped all three grp files in the base directory - used the launcher drop-down menu to select the game/addon - played all three, saved, loaded, etc. - no issues & no problems with assets assignments (the right enemies, etc are showing up in the right game)

Sweet!

View PostForge, on 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

figured out that if I hit the escape key when I experience one of those auto-last-save-load-bcause I was holding down the fire button-game-locked - the game won't crash

Thats interesting, I can't imagine why pressing escape would prevent a crash. Are you 100% sure pressing escape, when you think your about to crash, prevents a crash?

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,111

#1217

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 July 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Thats interesting, I can't imagine why pressing escape would prevent a crash. Are you 100% sure pressing escape, when you think your about to crash, prevents a crash?

I know I'm going to crash because after one of those auto-last-save-loads -there is no mouse input.
I've hit arrow keys and a couple other keys and it always causes crashes
The last few times I've experienced it - I've hit the escape key. Suddenly have mouse input and the game continues to play with no problem. (and no, it doesn't bring up the game menu - the game acts like it was just un-paused, and play continues)

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

0

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,123

#1218

View PostForge, on 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

dropped all three grp files in the base directory - used the launcher drop-down menu to select the game/addon - played all three, saved, loaded, etc. - no issues & no problems with assets assignments (the right enemies, etc are showing up in the right game)

How did you do that?
My version (GoG) the group file for Twin Dragon and Shadow Warrior are both named sw.grp, so perhaps they are identical .
Twin Dragon has an additional .art file, Tiles023.art and maps and sounds. Do all those go all into the same folder?

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,111

#1219

I don't know if the gog version would work or not.

I grabbed the twin and wanton grp files from my steam directory
TD.grp & WT.grp

-or you can grab the downloads for the expansions from the ModDB website -

http://www.moddb.com...ads/twin-dragon
http://www.moddb.com...ton-destruction

(or you can do a web search and grab the original DOS versions from abandonware sites)


Yes - All three grps go in the base game directory

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

0

User is offline   0815Jack 

  • 13

#1220

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post some bugs.... since the discussion here is merely about legal issues ;)

With latest binary (23th July) I have some quite strange issue:

- The windows color scheme is changed everytime after starting the game. I can disable the warming, but its an anonying issue

- The mouselook works out of the box, but after applying the modern defaults (or changing the key setup) it's suddelny broken and cannot be restored....even deleting the cfg filedoesn't help. AND I can hear coil sounds from my GPU, while moving the mouse!!! => seems ok now, but the issue should be investigated

- with my system I had to put the brightness slider to the far left to get a "normal" brightness.. Everything else is too bright

- the demo playback in the background sometimes seems to running far to fast with visible distorisions

- the checkbox setting for polymer in the laucher isn't rememeberd.. after restart polymer is always off


BTW: What is voidSW? It is mentioned here but I never heard it before...


EDIT: made few corrections...

This post has been edited by 0815Jack: 27 July 2017 - 04:02 AM

2

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1221

View Post0815Jack, on 27 July 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm personally not able to reproduce the mouse problem, can you make a video and upload it somewhere so I can get exact repo steps?

View Post0815Jack, on 27 July 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

BTW: What is voidSW? It is mentioned here but I never heard it before...

VoidSW is Voidpoint's/Duke4's Shadow Warrior Port, its what I based this port off of. I've been fixing bugs that are in VoidSW(VoidSW when I started, didn't even run out of the box), I've also been adding features(such as Lua), but this Port is heavily based on the great work Hendricks and TX did, I've just fixed it up so it runs, works, and is moddable.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,111

#1222

View Post0815Jack, on 27 July 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

- the demo playback in the background sometimes seems to running far to fast with visible distorisions

- the checkbox setting for polymer in the laucher isn't rememeberd.. after restart polymer is always off

-confirmed - sometimes the game itself, while playing, will speed up - usually in polymer
-confirmed - the checkbox issue has been noted before (but reminders are nice - some developer should be making a list on their comp desktop to stay focused)

-didn't have a mouse issue - so I can't say anything about it
-my monitor is old and pretty worn, so I can't say much about color schemes, warmth, or brightness

from me:
a suggestion would be to unbind 'fire' from "Y" selections

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1223

View PostForge, on 27 July 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

-confirmed - sometimes the game itself, while playing, will speed up - usually in polymer

This is on my todo list to fix. I need to make the demo playback framerate independent. This is also causing multiplayer to go out of sync.

View PostForge, on 27 July 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

-confirmed - the checkbox issue has been noted before (but reminders are nice - some developer should be making a list on their comp desktop to stay focused)

I keep forgetting about this one, thanks for reminding me!

View PostForge, on 27 July 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

-didn't have a mouse issue - so I can't say anything about it

I also can't reproduce the mouse problem, as I mentioned before, a video repoing the problem would be a good start!

View PostForge, on 27 July 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

a suggestion would be to unbind 'fire' from "Y" selections

I'll try and do that for the next patch.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

0

User is online   Master O 

  • 81

#1224

View Posticecoldduke, on 27 July 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

This is on my todo list to fix. I need to make the demo playback framerate independent. This is also causing multiplayer to go out of sync.


I keep forgetting about this one, thanks for reminding me!


I also can't reproduce the mouse problem, as I mentioned before, a video repoing the problem would be a good start!


I'll try and do that for the next patch.




Don't forget the checkbox issue! :)
1

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

  • 92

#1225

ICD, you do keep a list of these things somewhere, right?
If not, ya should! ;)

When life gives you lemons... https://youtu.be/CM-CIvMEqUs?t=52
1

User is offline   0815Jack 

  • 13

#1226

At the moment I cannot reproduce the mouselook issue.... but I noticed some other things

- Voxel sprites are only visible in polymost, but not with polymer. Already known?

- There seems to be a high texture compression applied to the menu and ingame messages.. I can see artifacts in the letters (some additional options in the video options like texture quality or anisotrphy would be nice..) Why was the original polymer setup removed?
1

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

  • 92

#1227

View Post0815Jack, on 28 July 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

At the moment I cannot reproduce the mouselook issue.... but I noticed some other things

- Voxel sprites are only visible in polymost, but not with polymer. Already known?

- There seems to be a high texture compression applied to the menu and ingame messages.. I can see artifacts in the letters (some additional options in the video options like texture quality or anisotrphy would be nice..) Why was the original polymer setup removed?

It doesn't seem like ICD is gonna implement polymer voxels, that glitch is already known.

As for the texture compression: IKR!!! :P

When life gives you lemons... https://youtu.be/CM-CIvMEqUs?t=52
1

User is offline   0815Jack 

  • 13

#1228

ok another issue :)

the silders for sound and music volume control have some strange behaviour

- music volume slider has no effect on the music volume (ogg playback)

- the sound volume slider changes the volume for music AND sound
1

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

  • 92

#1229

View Post0815Jack, on 01 August 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

ok another issue :)

the silders for sound and music volume control have some strange behaviour

- music volume slider has no effect on the music volume (ogg playback)

- the sound volume slider changes the volume for music AND sound

Brightness slider is also a little broken :P

When life gives you lemons... https://youtu.be/CM-CIvMEqUs?t=52
1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,322

#1230

View PostNinjakitty, on 01 August 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Brightness slider is also a little broken :P

Yeah I know that's on my todo list to fix :P. I realized that when I just got my new monitor that my old monitor had fucked up brightness.

PolymerRTX
PolymerRTX github
ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 01 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

2

Share this topic:


  • 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options