• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Hank 

changing track to Mapster
I have a hard time reading the sprites
Spoiler

Any possibility to incorporate the current Mapster32 color scheme?

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

The latter part of that sentence is too wordy. The contact section takes into account that this project is not affiliated with duke4 or anything else.

Fine, but you should say it's not official on every part of the site. Most people don't read, so it has to be repeated in every possible section of the site so that it is impossible to miss.

View PostMaster O, on 23 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Fine, but you should say it's not official on every part of the site. Most people don't read, so it has to be repeated in every possible section of the site so that it is impossible to miss.

I sent TX a message asking what they want me to do. I'd rather not put unofficial on everything on there. I'm referencing eduke32 obviously because 99% of my codebase, is eduke32. I'd also like to separate this port out from SWP, which is based on old JonoF code. I'm hoping the contact section can act as a catch all for the "unofficial" part.

View PostHank, on 23 July 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yes I can do that.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

In master I have fixed the camera screen in the first level not drawing in Polymer.

Posted Image

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostMaster O, on 23 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yeah... It's kinda concerning how little people actually read...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNinjakitty, on 23 July 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Yeah... It's kinda concerning how little people actually read...

I suck in English, and even I understand that a given port based on another one is not the official port. :P
It reads: ICED SW is running on EDuke32. It can't get any simpler as that. A new port, named ICED SW is using EDuke32, nothing more and nothing less. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Mark 

ICD, if thats the equivalent of the long non-working showview command from eduke32 Polymer, STOP EVERYTHING and get it into official eduke32. :thumbsup: Just kidding. We have been so long without it I'm sure we can wait longer.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostHank, on 23 July 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I suck in English, and even I understand that a given port based on another one is not the official port. :P
It reads: ICED SW is running on EDuke32. It can't get any simpler as that. A new port, named ICED SW is using EDuke32, nothing more and nothing less. :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, ICD, ya may wanna check your spelling on the website, there were a few things that were misspelled.

NEW BINARY RELEASE(July 23rd):

https://crozzbreed23...sw/sw-iced-port

WHATS NEW
  • When playing in Polymer, the camera screen in the first level now renders correctly. This was the cause of a non-prog in Polymer, which is now fixed.

View PostMark., on 23 July 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

ICD, if thats the equivalent of the long non-working showview command from eduke32 Polymer, STOP EVERYTHING and get it into official eduke32. :thumbsup: Just kidding. We have been so long without it I'm sure we can wait longer.

Not sure what the fail is for regular Duke3D, the fix I did is unique for Shadow Warrior.

View PostNinjakitty, on 23 July 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Speaking of which, ICD, ya may wanna check your spelling on the website, there were a few things that were misspelled.

Haha thanks for the heads up, I'll try and fix those as soon as I can :thumbsup:.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

In master I have fixed the camera screen in the first level not drawing in Polymer.

Holy moly! Lack of showview in polymer is one of its biggest drawbacks. Well done.

View PostMicky C, on 23 July 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Holy moly! Lack of showview in polymer is one of its biggest drawbacks. Well done.

If showview uses the classic renderer to render the remote view, then yes, the two issues are related. The fix I checked in is for Shadow Warrior only. I think I can come up with a proper fix, that should work for both games(provided its caused by the same issue).

Let me know this fix works for you guys.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

No, the viewscreen is not showview.

User is offline   Mark 

Party Pooper :thumbsup:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 23 July 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

No, the viewscreen is not showview.

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Works great!
Could you fix the screen so that it doesn't have the wood on the bottom of the screen, though? :thumbsup:

User is offline   Wombat 

• Robman 3: Revenge of the Shit

View PostHank, on 23 July 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Something wrong with SW's Build color scheme?
Different isn't always better.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

What are your repo steps?

er.......wat?

okay, I'll play your silly game:

Double left mouse click ShadowWarriorx64.exe
Left mouse click the box next to Polymer to put a check in it
Left mouse click the Start button
Hit the Enter key which selects New Game
Hit the Enter key which selects Enter The Wang
Hit the Enter key which selects Who Wants Wang
begin playing the game as normal
continue until random crash occurs

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWombat, on 23 July 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Something wrong with SW's Build color scheme?
Different isn't always better.

Did you open the spoiler?
Dark Red background with Black letters? This was never the original set up in the Editor for sprites.

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

User is offline   Wombat 

View PostHank, on 23 July 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Did you open the spoiler?
Dark Red background with Black letters? This was never the original set up in the Editor for sprites.

Yes, I read.
My point is that it should be the color scheme of the original Build editor, not mapster's.

Because continuity.

View PostForge, on 23 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

er.......wat?

okay, I'll play your silly game:

Double left mouse click ShadowWarriorx64.exe
Left mouse click the box next to Polymer to put a check in it
Left mouse click the Start button
Hit the Enter key which selects New Game
Hit the Enter key which selects Enter The Wang
Hit the Enter key which selects Who Wants Wang
begin playing the game as normal
continue until random crash occurs

Is it still the sprite count glitch?

View PostNinjakitty, on 23 July 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Is it still the sprite count glitch?

No. It's a audio crash. Repo for me is 1 out of 10 so far.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWombat, on 23 July 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yes, I read.
My point is that it should be the color scheme of the original Build editor, not mapster's.

Because continuity.

continuity of what? SW Build Editor?
This here project is a mod in progress. If you use Mapster32, then why not use all that stuff that works?
Spoiler

My request stands! The colors work, are pleasing to eyes, no funny flashing etc.

View PostHank, on 23 July 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

My request stands! The colors work, are pleasing to eyes, no funny flashing etc.

I 100% agree with you. The color scheme will match mapster.

Anyone else experience a high repo crash like forge? For me it's 1 out of 15 now. I have all music and grp files installed.

User is offline   Wombat 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

I 100% agree with you. The color scheme will match mapster.

Ok, well when you're done making this Shadow Warrior port resemble anything but Shadow Warrior, don't forget to change the name.

View PostWombat, on 23 July 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ok, well when you're done making this Shadow Warrior port resemble anything but Shadow Warrior, don't forget to change the name.

If I add a toggle that allows you to between the two color schemes would that satisfy everyone?

User is offline   Wombat 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

If I add a toggle that allows you to between the two color schemes would that satisfy everyone?

Sure, but the default should be the original SW Build color scheme because it will help differentiate it further from Duke's editor.

View PostWombat, on 23 July 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sure, but the default should be the original SW Build color scheme because it will help differentiate it further from Duke's editor.

I don't think its a good idea to differentiate at all from Duke's editor to be honest with you. I'll enable you to switch over to the classic color scheme, but the mapster color scheme will be the default. I want Duke mappers to feel comfortable moving over to Shadow Warrior.

User is offline   Wombat 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I don't think its a good idea to differentiate at all from Duke's editor to be honest with you. I'll enable you to switch over to the classic color scheme, but the mapster color scheme will be the default. I want Duke mappers to feel comfortable moving over to Shadow Warrior.

I'm sure once the choice few of them start learning the tagging system of SW which is vastly different than Duke, the color scheme will be the least of their worries.
Do you need to be reminded that Shadow Warrior and Duke3d are different games? Yeah, you're on a Duke forum but I don't think SW should pay for that.

Be faithful to SW.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options