Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

View PostHendricks266, on 19 July 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Are you really sure there is fuckage in the audiolib? Do these bugs happen with JFSW?

Here is a question for you. In the DOS version of Shadow Warrior, if there are no sounds playing, and I play a 3d sound, the sound system should put that sound on channel 0. If play another sound, after the previous sound completes, would the sound system put the new audio on channel 1 or 0?.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 19 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

https://winworldpc.c.../watcom-c-c/106

I need to do some more testing with my audiolib findings before I report anything. There is definitely something going on, which is causing problems in my multithreading code, the problem is not 100% confident on where its coming from yet. SDL_Mixer is definetly fucking with classic and Polymost somehow in my branch. I just don't know how yet.

Hendricks, in my branch I plan on replacing all FX_SoundActive calls with a custom SoundActive function I created that tests if the channel playing the audio is playing the audio the code is expecting. My sound system has been using this for awhile, but there are extra calls FX_SoundActive calls through out the SW codebase. Callbackval is set by FX_Play3D or FX_SoundPlay with the value of the sound id passed in PlaySound. Do you see a problem with this?

//
// SW_SoundIsActive
//
bool SW_SoundIsActive(int handle, int snum)
{
	return FX_SoundActive(handle) && FX_GetVoiceCallback(handle) == snum;
}

Where FX_GetVoiceCallback calls MV_GetCallback

int32_t MV_GetCallback(int32_t handle)
{
	VoiceNode *voice = MV_GetVoice(handle);

if (voice == NULL)
		return MV_Error;

int32_t callbackval = voice->callbackval;

return callbackval;
}

So in DoZillaMove:
if (!FX_SoundActive(handle))
{
}

Would turn into
if (!SW_SoundIsActive(handle, DIGI_Z16004.GetVar()))
{
}

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 19 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

• Weaponized Autism

If SDL_mixer is really affecting the renderers by some unimaginable process, you'd most likely be able to find out using valgrind or ASan.

• Weaponized Autism

<terminx> maybe he just needs to use a mutex with the audio handling stuff
<terminx> the audio code uses a callback function but it runs from a separate audio thread
<terminx> older versions of eduke32 had all kinds of problems with audio before I figured that out

View PostHendricks266, on 19 July 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

If SDL_mixer is really affecting the renderers by some unimaginable process, you'd most likely be able to find out using valgrind or ASan.

Thanks for that info :thumbsup:.

View PostHendricks266, on 19 July 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

<terminx> maybe he just needs to use a mutex with the audio handling stuff

I think you might be right, I missed the DisableInterrupts and RestoreInterrupts functions when porting over code to Shadow Warrior, I'll do that tonight when I get home.

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

https://github.com/j..._july212017.rar

Whats New:
  • Polymost and Classic should now work. I had to disable compile time optimizations to get this to work. This is a temporary solution while I try and work out the issue.

The issue will remain as is for now. I wanted to fix the build so people can use Polymost/Classic. I'm switching over to some render work.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 21 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Wait a minute.

Go into compat.h and change "typedef intptr_t ssize_t;" to "typedef int32_t ssize_t;", then see if building with optimizations works again.

View PostHendricks266, on 21 July 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Go into compat.h and change "typedef intptr_t ssize_t;" to "typedef int32_t ssize_t;", then see if building with optimizations works again.

I'll do that as soon as I get home tonight.

User is offline   TON 

It works

Hendricks266 fixed the problem

• Weaponized Autism

TX and I encountered this bug when I visited him. We suspect it is a VS compiler bug.

Could you try replacing the line in question with this? Our current workaround (what I pasted above) fixes correctness but it has performance drawbacks.

# if defined _M_AMD64 || defined _M_ARM64 || defined _M_X64 || defined _WIN64
typedef int64_t ssize_t;
# else
typedef int32_t ssize_t;
# endif

View PostTON, on 21 July 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Hendricks266 fixed the problem

So to confirm you verified the fix?

View PostHendricks266, on 21 July 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

That article was a interesting read, I fucking hate VS compiler bugs :/.

User is offline   TON 

View Posticecoldduke, on 21 July 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

So to confirm you verified the fix?

Yes

User is offline   TON 

The second fix doesn't work for me in polymost+classic

# if defined _M_AMD64 || defined _M_ARM64 || defined _M_X64 || defined _WIN64
typedef int64_t ssize_t;
# else
typedef int32_t ssize_t;
# endif

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTON, on 21 July 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

The second fix doesn't work for me in polymost+classic

Interesting, thank you for testing this for me.

Hendricks I took the fix in my branch, that solved the Polymost and Classic render problem, but now I'm getting sector palettes not working right in Polymost(red sectors are not red for example). The only difference between Polymost sector palettes working and not working is /O2(Maximize Speed optimization).

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 22 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   TON 

View Posticecoldduke, on 22 July 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Hendricks I took the fix in my branch, that solved the Polymost and Classic render problem, but now I'm getting sector palettes not working right in Polymost(red sectors are not red for example). The only difference between Polymost sector palettes working and not working is /O2(Maximize Speed optimization).

Could you post screenshot with the problem?

I haven't that problem in windows 7 x64 and rev july16_2017

This post has been edited by TON: 23 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I have created a new website for my "ICED Shadow Warrior Port"(thanks to whoever in this topic that created the title :P). You can find the latest binaries on my website https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw Binaries will no longer be stored on github. I have also created a release branch, this branch is the stable branch. Release branch will always match 1:1 with binary releases. Master branch is my work branch. Things may not work in my work branch. If your compiling from code, and want the latest and greatest, use my master branch. If you want stable, go with my release branch. If you guys have github synced already, and you want release branch only, please switch over to the release branch.

View PostTON, on 23 July 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

I haven't that problem in windows 7 x64 and rev july16_2017

That problem isn't in the latest binary, I'm trying to reenabled compiler optimizations for the next binary release and its causing problems :thumbsup:.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Added mouse button assignment yet?

View PostForge, on 23 July 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Added mouse button assignment yet?

Yes about a week ago :thumbsup:. Its in the latest binary.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   Forge 

What do you need tested?

Still on my random summer schedule, so I'll be in and out for the next month - expect no consistency.

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

I have created a new website for my "ICED Shadow Warrior Port"(thanks to whoever in this topic that created the title :P). You can find the latest binaries on my website https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw Binaries will no longer be stored on github. I have also created a release branch, this branch is the stable branch. Release branch will always match 1:1 with binary releases. Master branch is my work branch. Things may not work in my work branch. If your compiling from code, and want the latest and greatest, use my master branch. If you want stable, go with my release branch. If you guys have github synced already, and you want release branch only, please switch over to the release branch.

That problem isn't in the latest binary, I'm trying to reenabled compiler optimizations for the next binary release and its causing problems :thumbsup:.

Your site says "ICED SW is running on Eduke32! Latest Binary: july212017 Engine: 20170605-6143."

I thought ICED SW was still unofficial?

User is offline   Forge 

The game's options menus are a bit sketchy & remain static when assigning values - you make a selection (e.g. assign a key or button), then escape back to the main menu and go back to the selection screen to verify the change was made -

also got a random crash in the 1st map of episode 1 (polymer) less than 2 minutes into it

View PostMaster O, on 23 July 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I thought ICED SW was still unofficial?

Its very unofficial, if the verbage is confusing I need to fix that.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostForge, on 23 July 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

also got a random crash in the 1st map of episode 1 (polymer) less than 2 minutes into it

What are your repo steps?

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Its very unofficial, if the verbage is confusing I need to fix that.

It's clear to me. ICED SW is a port based on EDuke32.

It has its own name and can now not be confused with the ProAsm port

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

Love the new website! :)

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

Y'know, sooner or later, you're going to HAVE to add in physics/dropped items.
I'm guessing you just haven't gotten around to that yet.
But I keep running out of shurikens! :thumbsup:

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 July 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Its very unofficial, if the verbiage is confusing I need to fix that.

I'd phrase it like this:

"ICED SW is an unofficial Shadow Warrior port based on EDuke32. Shadow Warrior is not officially supported by Eduke32 at this time."

View PostMaster O, on 23 July 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

"ICED SW is an unofficial Shadow Warrior port based on EDuke32. Shadow Warrior is not officially supported by Eduke32 at this time."

The latter part of that sentence is too wordy. The contact section takes into account that this project is not affiliated with duke4 or anything else.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options