Duke4.net Forums: Manhattan Project Online : Multiplayer mod for DN: Manhattan Project - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manhattan Project Online : Multiplayer mod for DN: Manhattan Project

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

I would not do lua scripting at this stage. Your just over complicating things at this stage in development.

some multiplayer mods used LUA but i dont want to do that , getting offsets need reverse engineering :v i need maybe weeks to learn it :v
OMG!

User is offline   Zurix 

Well i made that LUA Script that work for healing the duke!!
[ENABLE]
//code from here to '[DISABLE]' will be used to enable the cheat
alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem: //this is allocated memory, you have read,write,execute access
//place your code here
mov [edx],#100
originalcode:
//mov [edx],ax
mov eax,[esi+0000111C]

exit:
jmp returnhere

"duke_base.dll"+793A3:
jmp newmem
nop
nop
nop
nop
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
//code from here till the end of the code will be used to disable the cheat
dealloc(newmem)
"duke_base.dll"+793A3:
mov [edx],ax
mov eax,[esi+0000111C]
//Alt: db 66 89 02 8B 86 1C 11 00 00

"duke_base.dll"+793A3 its the address + the offest any one know how to get the address of duke_base.dll because if we got it then all our problems will be solved

I really like to play this in my Let's play Duke Nukem MP you got my support

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostDuke Legacy, on 01 June 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I really like to play this in my Let's play Duke Nukem MP you got my support

ok waiting you there :P , It will be extremely DM ass-kicking :P

Your going about this all wrong. You have to use C++ because you are going to have to rewrite a whole bunch of code in DNMP. This memory injection shit is not going to work.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 01 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 June 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Your going about this all wrong. You have to use C++ because you are going to have to rewrite a whole bunch of code in DNMP. This memory injection shit is not going to work.

I used that CE to get the base address + offset but
and injected that LUA script but the problem i must use C++ to read the value from the server but LUA cant do that so iam confused i really need that base address
i searched about that on google it said i must get the address or "duke_base.dlll"

This post has been edited by Zeyad Ahmed: 01 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 01 June 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

I used that CE to get the base address + offset but
and injected that LUA script but the problem i must use C++ to read the value from the server but LUA cant do that so iam confused i really need that base address
i searched about that on google it said i must get the address or "duke_base.dlll"

Your going about this all wrong, and your not understanding the core issue at hand. All your doing now is replacing variables in memory. You are going to need to replace ENTIRE functions to get to where you want. You need to be doing everything in C++ because your going to be rewriting ENTIRE functions in duke_base.dll.

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 June 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Your going about this all wrong, and your not understanding the core issue at hand. All your doing now is replacing variables in memory. You are going to need to replace ENTIRE functions to get to where you want. You need to be doing everything in C++ because your going to be rewriting ENTIRE functions in duke_base.dll.

ok ok , iam still reading the functions in IDA , the problem i got confused in IDA :v

User is offline   Zurix 

No way that IDA is very confused i cant even get a single offset :P
What to do ? i tried every thing xd [ poiters . IDA and alot] hmm iam going to do something else in that project , iam going to make the server till i get new way for that Adresseses
i asked in some questions in CE forums :v

This post has been edited by Zeyad Ahmed: 01 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 June 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

icecoldduke is correct (although you likely won't need to rewrite entire functions, most of them you'll probably just need to inject additional code into), you're going to need to find the addresses of various functions inside duke_base.dll and hook them via C or C++. I'd recommend hooking a bunch of functions with MinHook and just making them output some text to the screen or something so you can get a good idea of what each one does, based on what's happening ingame when it gets called. Locating addresses in Cheat Engine is good enough to get something very simple going, but it won't help you out a hell of a lot in the long run. It's also pretty unreliable because depending on how the engine works internally, you never know when an address could change (which you've already experienced when trying to change actor positions).

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 02 June 2017 - 02:27 AM

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 02 June 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

icecoldduke is correct (although you likely won't need to rewrite entire functions, most of them you'll probably just need to inject additional code into), you're going to need to find the addresses of various functions inside duke_base.dll and hook them via C or C++. I'd recommend hooking a bunch of functions with MinHook and just making them output some text to the screen or something so you can get a good idea of what each one does, based on what's happening ingame when it gets called. Locating addresses in Cheat Engine is good enough to get something very simple going, but it won't help you out a hell of a lot in the long run. It's also pretty unreliable because depending on how the engine works internally, you never know when an address could change (which you've already experienced when trying to change actor positions).

:P
please explain more , because i have small question what that is going to help me i mean in memory hacking?

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 02 June 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Although you likely won't need to rewrite entire functions, most of them you'll probably just need to inject additional code into).

I hope your right it would make things a lot easier for him :P. I just see various gameplay systems that would have to be expanded in ways that I couldn't see happening with simple code injection. I still think you would have to detour entire functions and re-create the functionality on his end, then expand the functionality of those functions to handle multiplayer.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 02 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

User is offline   Zurix 

Well i got the pointers of the health but the proplem is to inject them in C++ :P
Now MPO Process is 20% YAY! :v

User is offline   Zurix 

Fixed reading players from the servrer, No more Internal server errors
Making Joining and login code :P
#MPO_Rocks :v

User is offline   Zurix 

Sorry guys for that late because i was busy adding the chat using TCP
I made players system and score system + some client and server side stuff
i did 89% of chat :v there is some problems with sockets and iam fixing it
#MPOGonnaKickAsses !!!

User is offline   Zurix 

Very Important Message
guys we know that we want MPO to release and to kick ass, i've dont the 25% of the project and it was really hard, We really need programmers and modder so we need some volunteers to support MPO
So 100000% we need a team of developers and modders and beta testers to help us in that
Here is some mods that made by team from "Fans site/forums"
1- VCMP [www.vc-mp.org] [Bakasan the founder , found a team from GTAGamming site]
2- MTAs [www.mtasa.com][Icj the founder "i dont remember" they know eachother from a GTA3 Fan site]
and more and more like SAMP , JCMP , NVMP , IVMP , Gothic Online :P
Guys we really must do that to prevent MPO to die.
What we need just Coders + Memory hackers + DNMP Modders
ofcourse there are lot , We want to add MPO to the list and Duke4.net our site :P
Ok guys take that message seriously
i dont want to stop it because some people want it and wait it!

~ Regards
~ Zeyad_Ahmed a Founder of a dream that he hope to work

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 06 June 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Your not going to get anyone else to help you out. As I told you before, if your not having fun doing this all by yourself, then its time to move on and do something else :P.

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 07 June 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

Your not going to get anyone else to help you out. As I told you before, if your not having fun doing this all by yourself, then its time to move on and do something else :P.

Iam doing it from my <3 but i need modders and programmers to help when i see the another mods from their forums i ask my self why no duke4?
we need coders and modders is it hard?
from your message say that no one interest in it? :P

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 07 June 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Iam doing it from my <3 but i need modders and programmers to help when i see the another mods from their forums i ask my self why no duke4?
we need coders and modders is it hard?
from your message say that no one interest in it? :P

No one will have interest until its done. That's just how humans work :P.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 07 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 07 June 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

No one will have interest until its done. That's just how humans work :P.

:v How it will work without modders to make it work!!!
we must make it , there is small equation [ if you like it then you will contribute it] that rule work for all
it will die because doing it alone and bugs ;) what a life
did vcmp or any multiplayer mod started when the bakasan did it , never they teamed up and that what seems possible here :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dude, you seem to be the only one who's nearly as passionate about this as you are. It could just be that simply nobody cares about the concept of a multiplayer MP. I was never a fan of MP myself. You can't create hype out of nothing. There has to be interest first. Maybe there is no interest. Something you may just have to face...I think if anybody was interested they would have offered to help by now. I'm not trying to discourage you. If you really want to see it then go ahead. But you're only turning more people off by trying to force help.

Zeyad Ahmed you could try Turok.net there is some good modders there maybe they are willing to help

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 June 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Dude, you seem to be the only one who's nearly as passionate about this as you are. It could just be that simply nobody cares about the concept of a multiplayer MP. I was never a fan of MP myself. You can't create hype out of nothing. There has to be interest first. Maybe there is no interest. Something you may just have to face...I think if anybody was interested they would have offered to help by now. I'm not trying to discourage you. If you really want to see it then go ahead. But you're only turning more people off by trying to force help.

Mate, Iam not forcing one to join the team but i want to announce that we accept any one, if i was a memory hacker and dnmp modder i will do that myself
but iam a coder , yea as you said no one interest in it :P

View PostDuke Legacy, on 07 June 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Zeyad Ahmed you could try Turok.net there is some good modders there maybe they are willing to help

the link is down , where is it

User is offline   Zurix 

Lets make a poll
1- Yes continue in it , we want it!!!
2- Make it but it not will be important
3- Well it not interesting , it old fashioned like trash
for everyone watch that pls reply!

User is offline   Mark 

I mentioned before that I don't know a single person here that knows how to make levels for DNMP. I'm sorry, but thats a big problem.

User is offline   Zurix 

View PostMark., on 08 June 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I mentioned before that I don't know a single person here that knows how to make levels for DNMP. I'm sorry, but thats a big problem.

DNV :v but he so busy

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 08 June 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

DNV :v but he so busy

You should really learn the editor and start figuring stuff out on your own.

User is offline   Zurix 

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 June 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

You should really learn the editor and start figuring stuff out on your own.

yea he made tutorials on youtube , full tutorials :v but its in russian so i just see what he do
but he also know the engine and game files he changed the credits , i did that too but the names were mixed :v

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 09 June 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

yea he made tutorials on youtube , full tutorials :v but its in russian so i just see what he do
but he also know the engine and game files he changed the credits , i did that too but the names were mixed :v

http://scssoft.com/dnmp_tutor/

User is offline   Zurix 

View Postspessu_sb, on 09 June 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

oh thanks but we need advanceed tutorials ,i will manage it
any way
Iam making it fps mode or fpv to make it free moving and i think ti will make the game more exciting
and i asked on VCMP forum [ a multiplayer mod] and they helping me with injecting functions
ok do you agree about the fpv or keep the sidescroller?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options