Duke4.net Forums: Manhattan Project Online : Multiplayer mod for DN: Manhattan Project - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manhattan Project Online : Multiplayer mod for DN: Manhattan Project

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#31

What you should try and make is a way to add new ai and fbx support to replace granny. It's simpler to accomplish and you'll find out a lot more about the games inner workings if you still want to pursue your multiplayer idea.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#32

View Posticecoldduke, on 28 May 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

What you should try and make is a way to add new ai and fbx support to replace granny. It's simpler to accomplish and you'll find out a lot more about the games inner workings if you still want to pursue your multiplayer idea.

Explain more sir because i am not good with that game engines :D
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#33

Ok guys i really need a Professional Memory hacker to get the addresses and DNMP Modder and Some Programmers :D i know it so hard to do that but if any one find that intersting please inform me that you want to join :D :dukehappy:
0

User is offline   TheZombieKiller 

  • 284

#34

If your only programming experience is 6 years of VB.NET and 1 year of C#, then I don't think you currently have the skillset required to take on a project like this.
You're going to need a decent amount of knowledge in C/C++, assembly and general reverse-engineering in order to realistically get anywhere.

I doubt that you'll find a lot of people on this forum with the reverse engineering know-how to work on this project, or at least not many with the time to spare.
I'd recommend you ask around on some other forums, such as some cheat development sites, as the people there are usually quite knowledgeable on these subjects.

Otherwise, it's probably best if you start practicing with C/C++ and play around with reverse engineering your own small sample projects using IDA Pro with the Hex-Rays plugin.
This will help you to get a feel for the workflow and what the code ends up like after it has been compiled.

As of now though, I don't really see this going anywhere if all that's really present is a chat overlay written in VB.NET.
I'm currently way too caught up in various personal projects to be able to help out in any significant way, but I wish you the best of luck regardless, since I'm a pretty big fan of DNMP myself.

Avatar by 88alice/Kurashiki
2

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 1,729

#35

How most of these things go with any kind of modding, it's best to prove that you can do most of the job yourself, but you need help - and do this by producing some kind of working demonstration of what you want to do. If you do this, it will be much more likely that others will be willing to put their time into a project.
1

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#36

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 28 May 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

If your only programming experience is 6 years of VB.NET and 1 year of C#, then I don't think you currently have the skillset required to take on a project like this.
You're going to need a decent amount of knowledge in C/C++, assembly and general reverse-engineering in order to realistically get anywhere.

I doubt that you'll find a lot of people on this forum with the reverse engineering know-how to work on this project, or at least not many with the time to spare.
I'd recommend you ask around on some other forums, such as some cheat development sites, as the people there are usually quite knowledgeable on these subjects.

Otherwise, it's probably best if you start practicing with C/C++ and play around with reverse engineering your own small sample projects using IDA Pro with the Hex-Rays plugin.
This will help you to get a feel for the workflow and what the code ends up like after it has been compiled.

As of now though, I don't really see this going anywhere if all that's really present is a chat overlay written in VB.NET.
I'm currently way too caught up in various personal projects to be able to help out in any significant way, but I wish you the best of luck regardless, since I'm a pretty big fan of DNMP myself.

There is some multiplayer mods made in VB.net like MTA but the mods use 80% VB.net [Network stuffs and databases and so on ] and 20% C++ To inject and reead memories but we can use some c# stuff and attach it in vb,net but who gonna do that while iam alone :(
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#37

Here is a video from testing for making the Injector :



This post has been edited by Zeyad Ahmed: 29 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#38

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 28 May 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

IDA Pro with the Hex-Rays plugin.

+100 to this, if your not using IDA pro with hex rays then your not get very far. Swapping out memory is easy(but congrats at finding were the health was being stored) but your doing easy shit. Your going to need to create hooks and completely replace a whole bunch of functions. Even with Hex Rays your going to have a solid c++ understanding to translate the C hex rays dump or assembly in c++ code that you can actually use.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#39

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

+100 to this, if your not using IDA pro with hex rays then your not get very far. Swapping out memory is easy(but congrats at finding were the health was being stored) but your doing easy shit. Your going to need to create hooks and completely replace a whole bunch of functions. Even with Hex Rays your going to have a solid c++ understanding to translate the C hex rays dump or assembly in c++ code that you can actually use.

Thanks,
Man you know in that project i must walk before i run ;) , because i learnt vb.net it take only month to learn c++ but iam very happy for doing that , i think MPO is comming out the grave :D
1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#40

So after health what are you doing next?

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#41

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

So after health what are you doing next?

Thanks for that motivation question that make me know that some people care about MPO :D
The Finding addresses for bullets and pipebombs [ easy it will not take 5 minutes] then we go to the hard part the coordinates because it changes after closing the game or re spawning and Making TCP or UDP Sockets [VB.Net Pls :D is good in Network stuff] to transfer them and inject them .......
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#42

A new video for testing the Injection of X , Z Coordinates . Y will be hard as hell idk why xD

0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#43

Are you ready guys for what comming first try of synchronizing in mpo here what iam gonna do
I will open 2 windows of the game and I will make one of those window control the another one I mean if I walked right the another window player will move right too
I want to hear some Encourages xD
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#44

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 30 May 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Are you ready guys for what comming first try of synchronizing in mpo here what iam gonna do
I will open 2 windows of the game and I will make one of those window control the another one I mean if I walked right the another window player will move right too
I want to hear some Encourages xD

Good luck : )

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#45

It worked after 6 hours of working :D
here is a video for that

What is your opinion about that?
1

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 1,729

#46

Whoo hoo!
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#47

While I think it's reaslly impressive that you can sync up the same player on two different machines, this is the easy stuff :). Next step is spawning two duke assets in the map and getting those synced up in terms of movement and animations. This is going to require more then just memory replacement. Your going to have to inject code, and I hope your up for that. It isn't difficult but it can be very tedious.

After that you should be able to get the shooting logic hooked up, which will be hard but shouldn't be too bad. The hard part is the ai because I can't see a good way of doing it without hooking and replacing entire ai functions so you can expand the logic to handle multiple players.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 31 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#48

View PostTea Monster, on 30 May 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Whoo hoo!

Thanks :v

View Posticecoldduke, on 31 May 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

While I think it's reaslly impressive that you can sync up the same player on two different machines, this is the easy stuff :). Next step is spawning two duke assets in the map and getting those synced up in terms of movement and animations. This is going to require more then just memory replacement. Your going to have to inject code, and I hope your up for that. It isn't difficult but it can be very tedious.

After that you should be able to get the shooting logic hooked up, which will be hard but shouldn't be too bad. The hard part is the ai because I can't see a good way of doing it without hooking and replacing entire ai functions so you can expand the logic to handle multiple players.

The hard thing now what iam going to do to get the SPECIFIC address because it change after the game reset :( i asked some cheaters about that he replied

Quote

In some games the player object is dynamically created at each spawn and therefore will have a different address. You need to reverse engineer how the game does this and hook the function or something to grab the addresses

What i did before was making sure it will work in c++ , iam using some reverse engineer by ollydbg and it so hard and watching videos and tutorials but i will put what you said on my list :D btw do you know some good programs for reverse engineer :v
I want someone to help me if he want , or i will continue alone.
after that iam made the Launcher and i will post a pic
Current Stats
Launcher 100%
Server 70%
Core 30%
MPO 15%
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#49

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 31 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

iam using some reverse engineer by ollydbg

Ollydbg is nice when you have a protected exe and your trying to navigate the mindfields of the anti-debug protection, for figuring out how shit works you should be using ida pro with hexrays(If you can get a legit copy).

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 31 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

0

User is offline   TDRR 

  • 9

#50

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't this supposed to be a deathmatch only project? Fantastic that this is getting somewhere.

Indie game developer along with my friends, usually i'm making maps both for my games and for Duke.
Mapping is fun, if you find it interesting, don't hesitate to open up Mapster32 and free your creativity!
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#51

View Posticecoldduke, on 31 May 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Ollydbg is nice when you have a protected exe and your trying to navigate the mindfields of the anti-debug protection, for figuring out how shit works you should be using ida pro with hexrays(If you can get a legit copy).

I will try that i have alot of time today Thanks :D

View PostTDRR, on 31 May 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't this supposed to be a deathmatch only project? Fantastic that this is getting somewhere.

I will make alot of gamemodes like Rescue The Babe and CO-OP vs Alien and Capture the Flag and more more but the first version 0.1.a will be DM only xD
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#52

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 31 May 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I will make alot of gamemodes like Rescue The Babe and CO-OP vs Alien and Capture the Flag and more more but the first version 0.1.a will be DM only xD

Deathmatch only seems a lot more reasonable, but tech aside I'm not sure how well it will play as a game.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#53

Small Problem: If you add two players , then if the the player get shield as an example the next player will has shield too and i f he die the another die , DNV told me that :v year ago i told him to make new class for new duke and make it in DNMP but he is inactive now , i made the class but i dont know how to add it :v so i need a modder seriously :D it will help me alot
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#54

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 31 May 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Small Problem: If you add two players , then if the the player get shield as an example the next player will has shield too and i f he die the another die , DNV told me that :v year ago i told him to make new class for new duke and make it in DNMP but he is inactive now , i made the class but i dont know how to add it :v so i need a modder seriously :D it will help me alot

Your likely on your own until you can get deathmatch working 100%, even then I don't know who will help you out on this forum.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 31 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#55

Pic for the client [the player not really i just made it as example but it can read the players from the server]
Posted Image
Logo made by: TDRR I really appreciate that

This post has been edited by Zeyad Ahmed: 31 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

3

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#56

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 31 May 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

...

Have you gotten any further on the project besides this launcher?

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 31 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#57

View Posticecoldduke, on 31 May 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Have you gotten any further on the project besides this launcher?

Trying to get the offsets to make the for the addresses of coordinates or health but failing alot , because iam not that professional in IDA , i got a headache iam not joking :blink:
and making admins panel :v
but here is the main problems

1- The Addresses changes after the respawn of the player OR restarting the game
2- If we had 2 players or more in world , what happen to the main player will happen to all except the movement
3- Injecting the commands that make the player shoot as an example it seems extremly hard
Iam doing all my best :unsure:
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#58

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 31 May 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

1- The Addresses changes after the respawn of the player OR restarting the game
2- If we had 2 players or more in world , what happen to the main player will happen to all except the movement
3- Injecting the commands that make the player shoot as an example it seems extremly hard
Iam doing all my best :unsure:

1 - You have to hook the code that's recreating the entity so you can get the proper address, when allocating memory on the heap your never guaranteed to get the same address twice.
2 - To fix this your going to find were all that logic is, hook those functions, recreate all of that logic in your override function, then modify those functions to fix that bug.
3 - Yes it is :). Its very tedious and very annoying. But if you can get it to work then we can all play DNMP multiplayer :).

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Zeyad Ahmed 

  • 17

#59

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 June 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

1 - You have to hook the code that's recreating the entity so you can get the proper address, when allocating memory on the heap your never guaranteed to get the same address twice.
2 - To fix this your going to find were all that logic is, hook those functions, recreate all of that logic in your override function, then modify those functions to fix that bug.
3 - Yes it is :). Its very tedious and very annoying. But if you can get it to work then we can all play DNMP multiplayer :).

1- I made some LUA Scripts in cheatengine that not change but i dont know how to inject LUA in c++ :unsure: let me google about LUA injecting B)
2 - there is a file called duke.sc i copied it as the new class duke2.sc and imported it in Prism3d editor and i add it and a big fail
3- God help us in that then xD , i will work hard for MPO :dukehappy: i really waiting you guys for that :duketease:
there is a forum : http://www.mp-online.ml/ :dukeaffirmative:
join it for the new news :D
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,208

#60

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 01 June 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

1- I made some LUA Scripts in cheatengine that not change but i dont know how to inject LUA in c++ :unsure: let me google about LUA injecting B)

I would not do lua scripting at this stage. Your just over complicating things at this stage in development.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options