Duke4.net Forums: Youtube player controls disappeared - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Youtube player controls disappeared  "only when logged in"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So this randomly happened tonight while browsing. I tried playing a YouTube video and the player controls and interface completely disappeared. Nothing but video. So I can't pause, play, skip, set volume/quality, etc and the video plays on. I notice the normal black menu when I right-click on a video is missing and instead a regular Windows menu appears. Also 4:3 aspect ratio videos aren't centered in the player space. Weird thing is, when I sign out of YouTube the interface returns as normal. I tried this in Edge as well (only other browser I have) and get the same results. Only when I'm logged in to my account does the player disappear. I've looked this up and this has happened to people before as the result of corrupted cache or cookies, but I've deleted all and even rebooted my computer and it's still happening. Doesn't happen on my phone, though. It seems to be specific to my account since it doesn't work when signed in on either browser I'm using. Any ideas?

EDIT: Scratch that. That right click menu has the play/pause/speed functions (except for stuff like subtitles and annotations and quality) as well as a "show controls" selection. Selecting it shows the interface...but it's completely different. What the heck is this? Why did it change and how do I get the standard controls back??

Posted Image

EDIT 2: A little more experimenting, it seems like when I'm logged in, no matter which browser I use, the YouTube player is disabled in favour of the browser's default media player whatever it may be. I just tried Edge again and the controls are different from Firefox. I right-click and the only options I have are Player, Mute, and Play Speed. No option to "show controls". What is doing this?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That looks like the default controls provided by your web browser. I don't know why YouTube's JavaScript UI is not functioning.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Aaaaaaaand just like that the problem went away. Regular interface works again. Weirdest thing ever.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options