Duke4.net Forums: Sprite Transparency - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sprite Transparency  "Importet Sprites show pink BG in 3D view, build-in Sprites work"

User is offline   Big Bene 

• Youngloov

Hi!

I've started to do some graphics I need (using the original editart.exe).
For start, and to test them, I included a buffalo skull on a pole into a level (the pole is a small rised sector, the skull is a spritte).

Now, the skull looks exactly the same in Mapster 3D view as in Gimp and Editart: the "transparent" color is still opaque pink, the sprite is an rectangle.
Sprites with the original graphics work (the transparent color is really transparent), so it can't be a bug or some setting of the editor software.

I'm at work now, I can post images when I'm back home.

Any ideas what went wrong?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Editart hates it, just copy the transparency color from an existing tile and apply it to yours with C. Use the key U or whatever it was.

Lunick: I can't believe you can pre-order Duke Nukem 3D in 2016

User is online   Zaxtor 

I use dosbox, log on editart use the last color "last pink or transparent"
then export the art and upload with DukeRes if your art is beyond the editart limits or little over tile 6000+. Note don't touch the reserved tiles.

Trequonia TC's Status:

Levels : 86% done - Textures : <99% done - Sounds : 98s% done - Musics : 99s% done
Trequonia's Official website

User is offline   Hank 

to first post: for more questions and since you are using Editart, here is the master FAQ
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...tart-guide.html

or download the FAQ here
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...Guide%20v2.5.7z

Just in case, I use BAFed, since I do a shitload of tiles and sprites right now. Everything goes from the GIMP straight into .art files, including transparent sprites.

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

This post has been edited by Hank: 18 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options