Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32 and mapster32 problem. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32 and mapster32 problem.  "keyboard over kill?"

hello. to get straight to the point when i use the menu in eduke32 or use page up and page down in 3d mode in mapster32 or explore the grp file looking for sprites or texture maps it seems when i use the keyboard it over does it extra times for some reason like it adds up to between 3 - 6 times when i hit a button? at least on the basis of 3 because i can hit escape to get to the menu of duke 3d and it will just go to the menu and go right back to the game it does it in a flash all you see is the screen flicker and hear menu sounds as well when going through the menu with the up and down keys it does it to many times and fly's through the menu selection as well when i hit enter to start a new game or something it will do it enough times to select the first episode and the difficulty to start the game by itself.

and with maspter 3d when upon hitting V in 3d mode to select a texture map (when hitting V seems to have no problem since you can't exit selecting a texture map by simply hitting V) and scroll down the tiles it will jump a few extra times and its very sensitive towards that and randomly does it i have to give it a little tap in hopes it won't do it.

any ideas?

thanks in advance for any suggestions offered or any help given.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Sounds like you haven't set up your dual core based computer correctly. You need to install the drivers for your processor.

View PostTX, on May 14 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

Sounds like you haven't set up your dual core based computer correctly. You need to install the drivers for your processor.

i know nothing of that though. maybe i can just set the affinity on duke or mapster32 to avoid this problem? i have known other programs and or games to have problems until ive re-set the affinity on that said program or game.

also my computer is actually mine but since i an pretty pc illiterate i let my brother take care of that who understands this sort of thing a lot more then i do.

thanks though i never thought for a second that my dual core could be the problem but i am not sure if i have the drivers installed for the processor but nothing would work right at all if it didn't would it?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Look, the problem is exactly what I said it is. You can set affinity as a workaround, but the problem will not go away until you install the driver for your processor. All you need to do is go to the AMD or Intel site, find the driver for your processor and install it. You shouldn't need to set process affinity to fix any weird issues like this again after that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options