Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

User is offline   randir14 

Gearbox is planning to reveal... something Duke Nukem-related next Thursday, December 1.

The hint comes from CEO Randy Pitchford, responding to a fan's interest in a Duke Nukem-Gears of War crossover.

While it's unlikely it will be as straightforward as the tweet suggests (although, Gears of War 4 isn't exactly free of unusual cameos, considering it includes hip-hop duo Run the Jewels already), it does seem probable that the announcement will be made at The Game Awards, which take place on the same day.

It's long been suspected that Duke would be added to Gearbox's hero shooter Battleborn, which would satisfy the crossover criterion, but with Duke Nukem 3D celebrating its 20th anniversary, it wouldn't be all that surprising to learn that a new game in the series is on the way.

http://www.ign.com/a...ement-next-week

-edit sorry, I just noticed people were already talking about this in the World Tour thread

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's probably better that this be its own thread anyway.

User is offline   Kawa 

Well, time enough left to prepare the torches and pitchfords I guess.

(obvious sarcasm is obvious I hope.)

User is offline   xMobilemux 

With all those hints to the Bulletstorm remaster, I'm guessing we'll just be getting Duke as a Co Op character.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Duke Nukem Pachinko machines!

If gearbox pulls a konami out of there ass I go INSANE, what a waste of good graphics would have made agood remaster for next gen.

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy is Dead: 25 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Any crossover and cameo is a no news for me. Better be an update on WT or a new FPS title.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Oh yeah, it's totally going to be an update for World Tour. You've uncovered their big announcement Posted Image

Am I the only one who finds announcements of announcements by companies annoying?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMicky C, on 25 November 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Am I the only one who finds announcements of announcements by companies annoying?

Not as annoying as the announcement of an announcement for a trailer. :/

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

New FPS Duke game or GTFO.

View PostMicky C, on 25 November 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

I'd like to hereby announce the announcement of a Duke Nukem related announcement, probably, on December 1st!

Sounds like many already know about the Bulletstorm reaction so it may not be that. Also, would a Duke fan like Bulletstorm? I haven't played it. Seems odd for Randy to say to a Duke fan "It's not Duke but you'll like Bulletstorm Remastered." Then again, maybe that wouldn't surprising... I hopes are low but a simple teaser and title announcement to Duke 5 would get me stoked, even if it's was through another developer.

User is offline   ---- 

View Posthismasterplan, on 26 November 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

Also, would a Duke fan like Bulletstorm?

It wasn't funny (although it tried to be), you coudn't even jump, it had faucet/corridor-levels and lots of quicktime events but very, very little interactivity.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 26 November 2016 - 04:50 AM

View Postfuegerstef, on 26 November 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

It wasn't funny (although it tried to be), you coudn't even jump, it had faucet/corridor-levels and lots of quicktime events but very, very little interactivity.

Based on that, I'd lean toward December 1st not being Bulletstorm-related, but I'm usually wrong about everything. :/

User is offline   BoowHow 

Hopefully this time it's going to be something very good.

User is offline   Kawa 

"We're okaying the release of the Duke 3D beta material. All of it. Please like us."

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd even buy Borderlands if they did that. I wouldn't play it, but I'd buy it.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Bulletstorm was very enjoyable and I still hold my sentiment it was a better Duke game than Duke Nukem Forever was

• The Sarien Encounter

I tried out the demo, I wasn't that impressed honestly. However, I immensely enjoyed Duty Calls.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostKawa, on 26 November 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

"We're okaying the release of the Duke 3D beta material. All of it. Please like us."

This +100000. I want to see Shop-N-Drop when it was left by Levelord, and of course the infamous Santa Monica Pier.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

That's just what I want.

I never did play Bulletstorm so if it's a Duke inclusion in that game I'll probably end up giving it a try. In any case however, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if the announcement isn't a new Duke title.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNancsi, on 26 November 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

This +100000. I want to see Shop-N-Drop when it was left by Levelord, and of course the infamous Santa Monica Pier.

We already have one thread full of "gimme gimme gimme", so can we keep the mindless fanboyism out of this one?

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostHiPolyBash, on 25 November 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Pachinko machines!

With balls of steel?

View PostHendricks266, on 26 November 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

We already have one thread full of "gimme gimme gimme", so can we keep the mindless fanboyism out of this one?

No. People want to see these assets and they're free to express their desire to see some of these materials. Unless there's people barraging you with messages and posting off-topic in threads about how all this things should be released already by Interceptor or who ever else then don't complain. This thread is about an announcement by Gearbox relating to Duke Nukem. It's worth discussing briefly what people might expect in future here.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHiPolyBash, on 26 November 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

This thread is about an announcement by Gearbox relating to Duke Nukem. It's worth discussing briefly what people might expect in future here.

You would have to be utterly myopic to think that Randy's teasing response to a fan begging him for a Duke Nukem-Gears of War crossover of all things has anything to do with distributing prototype assets from a twenty-year-old game. You're projecting.

I'm not speaking as a moderator when I ask everyone to knock it off in this thread. Only Nancsi's post is truly off-topic (so far).

I'm asking you to have some self-awareness.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHendricks266, on 26 November 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yeah, but the difference here is they're begging Gearbox and Randy now, not Voidpoint or Interceptor.

User is offline   Kawa 

Ew, Comic Sans.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Thats the joke, fam.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options