Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

User is offline   HulkNukem 

This will be great when its 20 bucks a couple months after launch and the Duke DLC is like 2

Telltale Games um no it wouldn't work with Duke IP, I rather Duke4 Studio make the game they know the history of the Duke.

Funnily enough, Bulletstorm would make for a good universe to have a Telltale game.

Duke wouldn't be I think because Duke is suppose to be the absolute perfect action hero who doesn't make mistakes, so there shouldn't be any consequences to his choices, it would amount to choosing which weapon to use... which you pretty much already do in an FPS
Duke isn't suppose to make mistakes much like Batman; speaking of, I haven't played the Batman Telltale series yet, so I'm interested to see how that translates.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 02 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

To be fair, I like to try not to harm the babes in Duke3D so explosive weapons aren't exactly my first choice whenever there's a babe in the area.

Especially if it's a podbabe.

User is offline   K100 

Screenshot:

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

"Why Me?"

User is offline   Kawa 

Why you, Duke? Because Randy is your god now, and I'd like to quote a bit of Frank Zappa.

It says so right here that He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb. And maybe even a little ugly on the side.

Considering what happened to your hair, Mr. Nukem, I'd say the latter is well taken care of.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostLunick, on 02 December 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

"Why Me?"

I still hate Gearbox Softwares Duke model. Even their representation of the character in appearance looks like a smug douche compared to 3D Realms version.

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

"Why Me?"

It's more of a "what the hell am I doing here"/"why did I agree to this" look.

That image hasn't been touched up at all...

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I don't think it looks THAT bad. But it would have looked away better if it were the 3DR model indeed.

Still I'm just wondering how the other characters will interact with Duke, will they just keep calling him Grayson or will their characters actually call him Duke?

User is offline   stumppy84 

View PostHiPolyBash, on 02 December 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

A 1,000 times better! The proportions are right and it looks like the D3D cover. Whoever at 3DRealms actually studied bodybuilders anatomy like they cared! Why does Randy et all think that Duke is guido?

I prefer the tanktop and gloves of the Gearbox model
Put those on the DNF model and call it a day

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because Gearbox is marketing the character to the Fuccboi Demographicâ„¢.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

"Why Me?"

Posted Image

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostHulkNukem, on 02 December 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I think the appearance should be a mix between DNF 2009 and Zero Hour/3D era Duke..

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nooooo. His shirt is supposed to be a simple undershirt/wife beater, not a nicely stylized black-trimmed "Duke uniform."

View PostHiPolyBash, on 02 December 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

I still hate Gearbox Softwares Duke model. Even their representation of the character in appearance looks like a smug douche compared to 3D Realms version.

AMEN.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 December 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Nooooo. His shirt is supposed to be a simple undershirt/wife beater, not a nicely stylized black-trimmed "Duke uniform."

That's exactly why I despise the DNF look, one thing I've always loved about Duke was the fact he didn't have a specially designed uniform, it was awesome, but it wasn't anything special and it still stood out. Also looks a lot like what 80s and 90s action heroes wore.

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 02 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

No way, I love the gloves on the 3DR model, screw Gearbox's stupid red & black ones.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 02 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 02 December 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Also looks a lot like what 80s and 90s action heroes wore.

Last Action Hero comes to mind.

Posted Image

User is offline   spessu_sb 

I come as usual, when the hotness is out and stuff has cooled down already.

I am legitimately disappointed with this release and the waiting of the announcement for this.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

View PostKawa, on 02 December 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

To be fair, I like to try not to harm the babes in Duke3D so explosive weapons aren't exactly my first choice whenever there's a babe in the area.

Especially if it's a podbabe.

Good man.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The possibilities!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yo for real though, a MGS3 style game with Duke in it would be awesome. It'd be a great prequel, set it up kind of like Predator back when Duke was in Special Forces or whatever. Thought it was just an average mission until he got thrown in the fuckin' meat grinder! Exactly, right there.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 03 December 2016 - 12:38 AM

Duke Nukem's Ladder Climbing Tour?

User is offline   king karl 

View PostHulkNukem, on 01 December 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

inb4 Duke Nukem Go the mobile game

you say that like its a bad thing but i am now picturing a duke mobile app that helps you locate babes on the street and then spews one liners at them in duke's voice "shake it baby"

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I wonder if Gearbox reading this forum and getting all these ideas.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSledgehammer, on 03 December 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

I wonder if Gearbox reading this forum and getting all these ideas.

You mean like how numbers can be divided by two, and prices can be changed? I feel like there's some kind of connection here but I can't quite grasp it...

I just got an idea. I should start up a game company. Build a kick-ass FPS game with all the bells and whistles, then go to Gearbox Publishing to somehow get Duke in the game like their doing with Bulletstorm. But knowing Gearbox they'll probably mess it and do these things:

1)Use their Douche Nukem model from DNF instead something like the 3D Realms model.
2) Jon St. John wouldn't do the good old Duke Voice.
3)Deliver some crappy annoucement, followed by trailer with bad presentation, and unfortunately overprice the poor game.
4)Somehow mess up everything up.

I do give them some credit for doing something with Duke, but it's still doesn't prove they can build a Duke game. Instead I see their testing the waters with Duke, and carefully (if you call $60 updated graphics re release of a game thats not really not that old careful) seeing how the public reacts. Though I still wanna see a new non re release/dlc-cameo with Duke Nukem as the title game and protagonist and it actually be worth playing and appreciating, but that looks like its gonna take FOREVER. But I am also still puzzled by what they meant that a new Duke game is in the works as concept images have been made. So far I dont see where concept images would be required for DN3D 20AWT or Bulletstorm Full Clip edition? Also, I think Duke looks weird having full animations in cutscenes, I guess I'm too use him in the old days.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 03 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options