Duke4.net Forums: [REL] Nuclear Showdown v2.1 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[REL] Nuclear Showdown v2.1  "new release!"

User is offline   HMNuke93 

My deagle sprites are used in one of my favorite mods, couldn't be happier! :mellow:

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 21 November 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Would be nice to have the Zaxtorlogram in AMC work the same :)

I've added that in yeah :D

View PostHMNuke93, on 21 November 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

My deagle sprites are used in one of my favorite mods, couldn't be happier! :mellow:

Yeah, they're fantastic and I'm glad to have a use for them, thanks for making them!

View Postoporix, on 21 November 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Awesome changes, I can't wait to try this. Sentries have always been my least favourite enemy, and this is exactly the kind of update they need!

Thanks, they've definitely aged pretty poorly compared to most of Duke's other enemies. With auto-aim on they're pretty trivial but boring to fight, with auto-aim off they're a bigger nuisance to hit and take too much damage.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 22 November 2016 - 05:23 AM

By the way where do those new one liners come from ?

Like the "size does matter, piggy piggy piggy" or "you're a disease and I'm the cure" ... I don't remember hearing them in the PS1 games or DNF or other O_o

User is offline   Jblade 

They are from the PSX games - I would've liked to of used Zero Hour quotes as well but they all have an echo filter applied to them which sounds horrible next to Duke's other quotes.

User is offline   Kawa 

I am suddenly reminded of virt's "Bro It Out Your Ass" Grabbag remix.

You're the disease and I'm the cure. I'm twice the Duke I used to be. Now that's a force to be reckoned with. I ain't got time to bleed. Duke's on the ball, ready for action. Think I'll climb aboard. In a perfect world, you one-eyed freak, you'd already be dead -- what are you waiting for?

User is offline   Jblade 

I really liked that album, kinda pissed it was taken offline (although you can find most of them on YouTube)

User is offline   Jblade 

Version 2.1 is released! You can check it out at the moddb page (link in my sig) but also check out a video I just recorded in Desert Storm:
https://youtu.be/KdYChStzJgM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostJblade, on 22 November 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Version 2.1 is released! You can check it out at the moddb page (link in my sig) but also check out a video I just recorded in Desert Storm:
https://youtu.be/KdYChStzJgM

Awesome update, already having a blast. Again, thanks for including my map!

*psst* I wanna see you play them!! :mellow:

New addons.grpinfo code for 2.1.

grpinfo
{
name "Nuclear Showdown"
scriptname "icdgame.con"
size 25040553
crc 701293553
}

I've also tried to make a .dat with the oporix maps and the optional music .def for have no files around, but apparently it's still a thing detected only if inside the .grp or into a folder as always.

User is offline   Mere_Duke 

Awesome update! Those quotes, 8-bit sprited deagle, con bug-fixing, thx and good job!
I wanted to point out the bug: when you picked plasmagun and have no freezer, there is no way to re-wield it back after holstering, and I was too late, it has been fixed in v2.1 :mellow:
But still, cycling through weaponry is still not correct:
- When you have got plasmagun and haven't got freezer, there is still impossible to wield plasmagun by cycling weaponry;
- You can wield freezer with 0 ammo even if you haven't yet found it just because you've got plasmagun, or you can use fully-functional freezer if you have found only plasmagun and freezeammo.
But the majority of bugs is gone, project is alive, and I hope it will be developing!

What about maps?
1) blockignite.map - I've encountered two HOMs at the open area after the elevator; one behind the lizman above and the second visible if you're looking forward to the door leading outside of this area.
2) lunarburn.map - the corners around first airlock door are impassable.
Other than that, the maps are nice and small and seems to be bug-free.

Jblade, If you plan to add new features, fix some core con bugs, maybe consider applying of some NightFright's con fixes? There are nice enhancements like realistic rotation of rotating turrets, gore color/behaviour fixes, realigning of some projectiles, etc etc.

EDIT:
blockignite map HOMs:
first hom: http://imgur.com/a/0IZVs
second hom: http://imgur.com/a/QVkqg
Software renderer: both homs are present. Polymost renderer: only 2nd hom is present but only at certain angles

This post has been edited by Mere_Duke: 25 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   xenoxols 

I posted this on the youtube video too, but the deagle animation looks pretty bad. It almost looks like the gun is going forward. Still, great work! :mellow:

View PostMere_Duke, on 25 November 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Awesome update! Those quotes, 8-bit sprited deagle, con bug-fixing, thx and good job!
I wanted to point out the bug: when you picked plasmagun and have no freezer, there is no way to re-wield it back after holstering, and I was too late, it has been fixed in v2.1 :mellow:
But still, cycling through weaponry is still not correct:
- When you have got plasmagun and haven't got freezer, there is still impossible to wield plasmagun by cycling weaponry;
- You can wield freezer with 0 ammo even if you haven't yet found it just because you've got plasmagun, or you can use fully-functional freezer if you have found only plasmagun and freezeammo.
But the majority of bugs is gone, project is alive, and I hope it will be developing!

What about maps?
1) blockignite.map - I've encountered two HOMs at the open area after the elevator; one behind the lizman above and the second visible if you're looking forward to the door leading outside of this area.
2) lunarburn.map - the corners around first airlock door are impassable.
Other than that, the maps are nice and small and seems to be bug-free.

Jblade, If you plan to add new features, fix some core con bugs, maybe consider applying of some NightFright's con fixes? There are nice enhancements like realistic rotation of rotating turrets, gore color/behaviour fixes, realigning of some projectiles, etc etc.

EDIT:
blockignite map HOMs:
first hom: http://imgur.com/a/0IZVs
second hom: http://imgur.com/a/QVkqg
Software renderer: both homs are present. Polymost renderer: only 2nd hom is present but only at certain angles

Block Ignite requires Polymer :). The corners were made like the on purpose because of a bug with airlock doors, sorry about that!

Another bug (or not a bug at all?) that I've forgotten to mention: new cameradrones always stick to the ground, unlike the normal sentry drones. Don't think it was made as a purpose.

View Postoporix, on 25 November 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Block Ignite requires Polymer :). The corners were made like the on purpose because of a bug with airlock doors, sorry about that!

Ok. Thanx for the maps, I like it when you give me a pipe/toolbox and I should decide where to apply it with the greatest benefit! :mellow:

View PostMere_Duke, on 25 November 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ok. Thanx for the maps, I like it when you give me a pipe/toolbox and I should decide where to apply it with the greatest benefit! :mellow:

I think you're the first one to figure out my terrible secret! Congrats :)

User is offline   Polunka 

I'm not entirely sure whether it's been reported, but Land of the Babes and Advance HUDs don't have a prox bomb counter so while playing with either of these HUDs on you can't see how many prox bombs you have at the moment. Well, it's not to mention that Advance HUD doesn't have a magazine counter at all (I don't know if it's intended or not, and if it is, sorry for an unnecessary complaint).

P.S.: The revision of eduke32 that I run the mod (v2.1) on is r5938 64-bit.

P.P.S.: A bit off-topic (regarding the post itself) but thanks to Oporix for his maps! :mellow: I hope you'll keep building levels for NS.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 November 2016 - 02:55 AM

User is offline   Polunka 

Well, seems I'm being *a bit* late with this, but there's a serious glitch in "The Aquarius" level of Fallout Tour episode (the secret level of the Docks section). The thing is, you just can't progress further through the episode after you get to the level. After completing it, the game takes you back to the beginning of the map. I kinda doubt that James is gonna fix this since I'm pretty sure he's busy with AMC TC, but reporting it won't hurt anyway.
Btw, I think someone has already mentioned the non-functioning ceiling switch in the same map.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 15 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

Just found this mod, and I gotta say, I LOVE IT! :)

Good to see all the new weapons, quotes and HUDs (though I just realized you can switch to classic menus anyway) the Desert Eagle REALLY kicks ass!

You gonna add support for Nuclear Winter and Duke! Caribbean?

User is offline   Edge 

I get this error when I launch the bat file. Any ideas what's wrong?
Thanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Capture.PNG

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Did you install it to its own folder?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostEdge, on 15 March 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

I get this error when I launch the bat file. Any ideas what's wrong?
Try an older EDuke32 version, like, from late 2016, which fits to the mod.

ICDGAME.con:2395: error: symbol `ifvare' is a keyword.

Maybe some CON variable of this mod has become a keyword (I don't thinks so, but it's not unprecedented), or current EDuke32 versions are more picky when compiling code. The offending line number may be misleading and the actual problem is somewhere above.

Really, almost every less trivial map, TC, or mod, and their dog, seem to need their very own Eduke32 version to work properly. Because later builds mess up in some way. Will this ever stop?

In the end, NSD's CON code will have to be adapted to comply to current synthesis builds.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I just downloaded it myself and checked it with r7392.

Apparently, r7392 doesn't accept the addlog command any more. The offending code is:

case HEAVYHBOMB
		addlog
		ifvare BOMBSELECTED 1 setactor[THISACTOR].picnum 5308
	break	

My guess is, they introduced "addlog" as a shortcut for the "addlogvar" command, which takes a parameter. Looking for the parameter, it finds "ifvare" which is not a valid parameter, and so it spits out the standad misleading error code about that.

User is offline   Edge 

Just used a version of Eduke32 from November 2016 and it seems to have solved it.
Cheers, lads.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Btw., EAGLE_EY.VOC in showdown.grp does not match EAGLE_EYE.VOC in ICDUSER.CON.

User is offline   necroslut 

NS(2.1) refuses to start on recent Eduke builds, due to (it seems) something as trivial as a malformed "addlog" line. Of course, the mod is still all sorts of broken on newer builds, still I thought it'd worth pointing out.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 28 April 2020 - 12:00 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options