Duke4.net Forums: World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap  "My package arrives."

Thanks! It works with both metods, drag and drop the zip file in autoload or extract the files in the main directory (tested with r7750).

With the Zip file in autoload is better to no try to insert other files, ie: voxels, or eduke it won't start, also names like the episodes are called "Episode1Name" and "#pistol ammo" instead of picked up whatever thing, however HRP is possible.

Extract the files in the main directory seems more stable , the names are correct and looks like will ignore most of the autoload folder files, indeed HRP is not possible.

Both the metods will black screen stock maps after a while.

Anyway, looks like there are NO problems running both the metods with an older version like r6927, you can run HRP and stock maps too.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 27 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostThe Battlelord, on 27 June 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

With the Zip file in autoload is better to no try to insert other files, ie: voxels, or eduke it won't start
Did you check out these ZIPs?

View PostLeoD, on 28 June 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Did you check out these ZIPs?

Yup, they are stored on my hdd since April, as wrote above , they behave in the same way, at least for me.
Also, with stock maps, i meant the old episodes, WT it works fine, no black screen.

Apologies for my english, worst than usual, like the lack of "H" in method, i was quite tired :D.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 28 June 2019 - 08:32 AM

View PostThe Battlelord, on 27 June 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Both the methods will black screen stock maps after a while.

View PostThe Battlelord, on 28 June 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

Also, with stock maps, i meant the old episodes, WT it works fine, no black screen.

Ok, completely delete the"black screen" parts, this is not caused by WT Stopgap, this is caused by Polymer Renderer!
For some reason the screen goes totally black, the game keep running and the player can shot, jump etc... This happens in areas with Mirrors, I'm surprised no one reported this yet? No love for Polymer out there?
Polymost and Classic renderers are safe, so, the regular episodes are playable as well..

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 29 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   Marya 

I would only play a world tour remake if they make it without the changes in the world tour pack mainly the changes of the red cross symbol on health packs to a pill.

User is offline   3D Master 

How does the uncensored health pack work? Placed the zip in the autoloader but that doesn't seem to work.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Place the new ART files in the install directory. If you’re using the stopgap place it in the same directory as eduke32 I think

User is offline   3D Master 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 October 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

(Optional) Download: Uncensored Health Pickups Patch (also works in World Tour itself!)

So what do you need to do for it work in World Tour itself?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Unzip it into your WT folder where the other ART files are.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Tried getting the voxel pack to work with the stopgap and nope, the autoload folder still doesn't load anything. It's like the files are not even there.

Well, I'll try again next year I guess.

Edit: Am I reading something wrong here?

Create a new folder named "autoload". Drop the following ZIPs into autoload:
Stopgap (e32wt_2019xxxx.zip), Voxel Pack (duke3d_voxels.zip),
Stopgap Voxel Pack (e32wt_voxel.zip).
If the main Voxel Pack version is 1.21 or lower, add the latest Maphacks
(UserMapHacks-5.4.*.zip).

Like you should just put this stuff in there and it should work, right? Well, it's not... why? Loading any kind of mod into EDuke32 is the most frustrating thing in human existence, I mean why can't stuff just work like in GZDoom or in BloodGDX?

Also there's a voxel pack that's newer than 1.21? Really? Where?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

User is offline   spacekebab 

View PostZaxx, on 11 July 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

Tried getting the voxel pack to work with the stopgap and nope, the autoload folder still doesn't load anything. It's like the files are not even there.

Like you should just put this stuff in there and it should work, right? Well, it's not... why? Loading any kind of mod into EDuke32 is the most frustrating thing in human existence, I mean why can't stuff just work like in GZDoom or in BloodGDX?

Also there's a voxel pack that's newer than 1.21? Really? Where?

on linux the relatively recent eduke32 builds get confusing as it looks for some content in ~/.config/eduke32 and other content in ~/.eduke32. wonder if that has anything to do with the autoload mess.

either way, you can always unzip the contents into the stopgap directory and add "include voxels/voxels.def" (or wherever you placed it) in e32wt.def

This post has been edited by spacekebab: 12 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Thanks, I could get it to work this way and I could add the maphacks too. Guess I'll have to dig into which def files to edit and when because the autoload feature just always breaks on me.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 13 July 2019 - 04:00 AM

User is offline   mjr4077au 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 29 June 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Ok, completely delete the"black screen" parts, this is not caused by WT Stopgap, this is caused by Polymer Renderer!
For some reason the screen goes totally black, the game keep running and the player can shot, jump etc... This happens in areas with Mirrors, I'm surprised no one reported this yet? No love for Polymer out there?
Polymost and Classic renderers are safe, so, the regular episodes are playable as well..

Confirmed fixed in R7809 and tested with R7811.

Yeah, no more Medusa mode! :dukecigar:

View PostZaxx, on 11 July 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've never been able to go the WT Stopgap to work with an autoload folder. It doesn't load anything the HRP or anything I put in there. I've tried a bunch of different methods and just gave up on it.

When Fireflies grow back to their normal size, one of their frames displays the end picture of the Episode 5. Using the 20190425 release of the compatibility layer. Did anyone else encountered this?

User is offline   markanini 

Can someone who got it to work list their EDuke32 build number? I'm having no luck with as of 20200206-8616. EDIT:Nevermind, didnt realize the WT folder should be set as custom game content directory at startup.

This post has been edited by markanini: 10 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

if the op is dated 14 Oct 2016, good chance that the snapshot from around that date is the droid you're looking for

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Did anyone check this Doom mod?
https://www.doomworl...elease-dn3doom/

Screenshots indicate it has the flamethrower from World Tour. I'm sure it's not accurate, but... they have it. In Doom.

User is online   Player Lin 

View PostNightFright, on 16 March 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

Did anyone check this Doom mod?
https://www.doomworl...elease-dn3doom/

Screenshots indicate it has the flamethrower from World Tour. I'm sure it's not accurate, but... they have it. In Doom.

So what, that's still DooM mod, and since the reverse engineering work still in progress, I'm sure it will eventually happens on EDuke32.

• Weaponized Autism

New version! 20200329
EDuke32 r8791 or later required.

EDuke32 changelog:
Implemented Incinerator, enemy attacks, effects, world objects (Nuke.YKT)
Implemented Episode 5 ending

Stopgap changelog:
Maintenance changes for the above to work correctly

Alien World Order is now fully playable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Massive thanks to Nuke.YKT for his work reverse-engineering the behaviors hard-coded into the WT exe. Also thanks to Nerve Software for shipping the original unpatched WT release with PDB debug symbols. ;)

This marks a transition point in EDuke32's support for WT. Further development will see things previously implemented in the Stopgap transitioned to live in EDuke32 itself. The Stopgap will shrink until it is not needed to play WT at all.

Please let me know any feedback you may have.

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

View PostHendricks266, on 29 March 2020 - 01:22 AM, said:

New version! 20200329
EDuke32 r8791 or later required.

EDuke32 changelog:
Implemented Incinerator, enemy attacks, effects, world objects (Nuke.YKT)
Implemented Episode 5 ending

Stopgap changelog:
Maintenance changes for the above to work correctly

Alien World Order is now fully playable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Massive thanks to Nuke.YKT for his work reverse-engineering the behaviors hard-coded into the WT exe. Also thanks to Nerve Software for shipping the original unpatched WT release with PDB debug symbols. ;)

This marks a transition point in EDuke32's support for WT. Further development will see things previously implemented in the Stopgap transitioned to live in EDuke32 itself. The Stopgap will shrink until it is not needed to play WT at all.

Please let me know any feedback you may have.

How cool is that! It motivates me to add this weapon myself. On the other hand to play this version, how should we go about it?

User is offline   MetHy 

Amazing!

User is offline   Newken 

It works great. I've just beaten Ep. 5.

Small issues (probably known) with Polymost:

Skyboxes look like... boxes and some z-fighting in Mirage Barrage

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2.png
  • Attached Image: 1.png

• Weaponized Autism

View PostF!re-Fly, on 29 March 2020 - 03:18 AM, said:

On the other hand to play this version, how should we go about it?

By following the instructions in the first post like everyone else. Also, don't quote posts full of images that are directly above yours.

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

View PostHendricks266, on 29 March 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

By following the instructions in the first post like everyone else. Also, don't quote posts full of images that are directly above yours.

Ok !

I could not make it work from the autoload folder, a minor issue as if i extract the files in the main folder the stopgap appear on the eduke32 menu and it works perfectly, nice to see the incinerator and the new enemies concretely working!The main stuff is practically completed i guess, Thanks!

User is offline   max_nukem 

Great release!
After little manipulations, stopgap works from separate folder with WT content.
Thanks guys!

User is offline   axl 

Just tried it and this is excellent stuff.

I'm enjoying the new episode a whole lot more now I can play it in EDuke32 !

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I'm already looking forward to the time when we don't have to mess around with the stopgap. Anyway, this is an amazing and (seemingly) sudden breakthrough after years without any visible WT development. Nuke is the man of the hour - just after fixing Polymost skies and bringing soundfont support, this is the next big hit. Unbelievable!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options