Duke4.net Forums: Original GAME.CON fixes - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Original GAME.CON fixes

User is offline   underTaker 

I'm not really sure if this causes of the issue and if spawning is in any way affected by code - just throwing my suggestions. I know nothing about CONs, never worked on them.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I know the fixes worked on the "respawn" thing, so if your map uses that function as it was vanilla that may be related.

I'm also not a coder; I just note an overlap between your explanation and one of the fixes.

Take it with a grain of salt; I could be entirely wrong.

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostLeoD, on 02 July 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Hi Darkus,

there's an issue with newly released Blink of an Eye when using your GAME.CON. I'd appreciate if you'd look into that.

Both your 2016 and 2019 versions are affected, the EDuke32 version doesn't seem to matter.

I just saw it. I think it's related to the boss actors, when a lotag is set (difficulty), it trigger the ending when the actor is removed from the map at the beginning. It should be an easy fix.

User is offline   Darkus 

It took me longer than expected, but it should be fixed now. Since EVENT_KILLIT is not always reliable with complex events, I also made a check in EVENT_LOADACTOR to be sure that the ending doesn't trigger accidentally (or not). Also made some little changes in the code that shouldn't change gameplay from the previous version. Download below.

Changes:
- Prevent boss actors with a lotag set (difficulty) triggering the ending when starting a map.
- Replaced state by defstate for the definitions.
- Removed THISACTOR from userdef. According to the wiki, it's not needed.

Attached File  fixed GAME CON.zip (59.5K)
Number of downloads: 23

PS: It is possible to edit the first post to put most recent version here?

User is offline   Mark 

• Honored Donor

That requires PM'ing a moderator and they will do what you need.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Thank you.

Glad to see Darkus again. Happy New Year to you.

It's cool for code changes. Me, the problem I have for boss purposes is that there is the cinematics of E1, for the four instead of having the appropriate ones.

While testing my demo, I noticed that the "KILLIT" event was sometimes not properly functional. I sometimes had two dead instead of one, or see no dead. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter for the gameplay. Using your codes, I have already added over 50 additional enemies.

This post has been edited by Firefly Trooper: 07 January 2020 - 10:32 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options