Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor's Kickstarter Project: Rad Rodgers - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor's Kickstarter Project: Rad Rodgers  "Funding Beings September 6th 2016"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

This looks really awesome! I love the voice work and the gameplay footage, and the talking tree was hilarious! I just don't understand the need for a kickstarter? Why not resell the classic Apogee titles again, maybe in a more HD way or something, that people will burn holes in their wallet for to fund this?

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Their Kickstarter is up: https://www.kickstar...ra-apogee-platf

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 06 September 2016 - 05:12 AM

Wow I read through the page then refreshed, and in that time it jumped from $300 to over $1000.

Looks pretty good. 50,000 seems like a pretty dauntingly large number but I don't follow very many kickstarters so I may be off in saying that. Pay comes in on Friday this week so I'll probably be kicking in at the $20 tier. I've already got the 3DR Anthology set, but I'd like to get that OST download.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

50,000 isn't all that much, especially considering how polished it currently looks.
Really impressed with this project so far, those new screenshots show some pretty stellar environment art

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Am I reading this right--for $10k we get to push Fred into a harbor?

Sign me up! :D

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

LOL, this looks good. Whatever the faults of their last game, the art was spectacular.

I just backed it, 8 bucks is a great deal. (early bird on the 10 dollar one, 10 dollars is also great)

Why did you launch this on a tuesday?? The market standard for kickstarter is to launch on friday or saturday so people will most likely be able to blow their cash on the game!

E: why is there no demo, you really gotta have a playable build of atleast one stage too. you'll get way more people on board that way.

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 06 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Maybe, but they are 12% of the way there in one day.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostMblackwell, on 06 September 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Maybe, but they are 12% of the way there in one day.

I'm happy to see they set a realistic funding goal. They're definitely going to make it.

User is offline   Hank 

The teaser is approved by grand kids, hopefully Interceptor wins with this. :D

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrikeen, on 06 September 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Looks pretty good. 50,000 seems like a pretty dauntingly large number but I don't follow very many kickstarters so I may be off in saying that.

Yeah 50,000 is definitely one of the smaller goals you see for video games.

I just signed up for kickstarter just for this project, and put in the $8 tier.
Having said that I'm still in shock that a company like 3DR would need to resort to a kickstarter.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

I suppose there's a few reasons for it. Bombshell was a huge flop due to it's ridiculous price and issues on launch, gauging interest for something like Rad Rodgers in the marketplace and continuing with more episodes, stuff like that.

It isn't really unusual to test the waters with a Kickstarter these days. Investors know jack shit about what they're talking about and unless it's f2p or mobile they usually don't give a fuck about it so they need convincing. I'm going to throw in a few dollars because I think it looks pretty cool.

Heh.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 06 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I hope this gets funded, it looks like a pretty Rad game, if you pardon the pun.

Posted Image
Has the hate boner finally gone flaccid?

At this point I hope Interceptor stays clear of Duke; not because I don't think they could make a decent Duke game, but I'd rather see them continue to make original stuff.

I'd like too see them do something with Duke on a much smaller scale and I'm sure they'd really want to do it given they originally started off working on Duke Reloaded and attempted to do Mass Destruction. Basic top-down shooter or a sidescroller would be interesting and Randy seems open to the idea.

The biggest thing I'd want them to do is something like Reloaded but in a modern engine. Not exactly a big main game but something that'd be cool to see done.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 06 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

I backed this with 17 $
Let's have some fun!

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostHulkNukem, on 06 September 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

original stuff.

Not entirely sure why you'd write that in the Ruff Rad Rodgers thread.

(I mean don't get me wrong, I love the look of their game and even pledged for it, but I'm just saying)

User is offline   Player Lin 

Original stuff? They're already said its ideas from that Amiga game, Keen and other similar games, so actually it's not too original, but whatever, it still looks new & interesting for me. :D

User is offline   LkMax 

hahaha, both the main character and his gun are identical to the ones on that Amiga game. "Rad Rogers in copyright infringement" would be a more apt name.
I wish Interceptor good luck, but if they want to make yet-another-platformer on this market they could have revived one of many of 3DRealms IPs.

View PostDaedolon, on 07 September 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

Not entirely sure why you'd write that in the Ruff Rad Rodgers thread.

(I mean don't get me wrong, I love the look of their game and even pledged for it, but I'm just saying)

View PostPlayer Lin, on 07 September 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

Original stuff? They're already said its ideas from that Amiga game, Keen and other similar games, so actually it's not too original, but whatever, it still looks new & interesting for me. :D

You guys know what I meant.

Once I'm free from exams (tomorrow), I need to see if I can throw some cash Interceptor's way, Rad Rodgers is looking... rad

View PostHiPolyBash, on 06 September 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Posted Image
Has the hate boner finally gone flaccid?

If we get a Manhattan Project 2, I may need to buy new pants.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 07 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

So ... Bombshell bombed and now they have to resort to ks to make game's now? At least when this game fails it'll just be a 50 grand failure and not a 5 million failure like bombshell.

This post has been edited by particle cannon: 07 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

• Honored Donor

Do we know how much they actually lost on Bombshell? Or at least how much it took to make and advertise the game?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 07 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Bombshell cost at least a couple million or more to develop. Anyone could verify how many copies customers purchased using steamspy. Its around 20 thousand, I'll be generous. Most of those copies werent purchased at full price and some were given away free with video cards.

This post has been edited by particle cannon: 07 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

• Honored Donor

They still have yet to release the game on consoles.

I'm guessing their plan is to get the bombshell prequel out, and that it'll hopefully be well received and with a lot of purchases, putting the franchise in a new light. By that time they'll have worked out all the bugs from the game, and incorporated all the negative feedback about features and what not, so that when they release it on consoles people will give it a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the name slightly, i.e give it a subtitle. I hear they're doing that with the new Ghostbusters movie for its DVD release.

Almost none is waiting to play bombshell on their consoles. Oh and it was 10 thousand.

They said in an interview on politiken.dk that a game like bombshell costs between 4-6 million DKK. That is around 700.000-850.000 $. :D

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 07 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postparticle cannon, on 07 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

So ... Bombshell bombed and now they have to resort to ks to make game's now? At least when this game fails it'll just be a 50 grand failure and not a 5 million failure like bombshell.

There is no way in the world 50k is the entire's game budget considering it's been in development by several people for a year now, and considering what we can see of it already.
My interpretation of that twitter pic earlier ITT was incorrect, but I couldn't be wrong in saying the KS part is just a tiny bit of the budget. I'm not particularly fan of this kind of use of crowdfunding when they probably already have investors covering 10 times that amount but whatever, there are probably sides to this business I have no idea about.

The game looks cool and it'd be nice to have more platforms with good modern art style, I enjoyed Duck Tales remastered and Rayman Origins looked amazing, and most sidescrollers these days either use faux retro graphics or 3D that looks disgusting like the latest Rocket Knights.

For the time being though, I'd rather play the game Daedolon posted.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 08 September 2016 - 01:11 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options