Duke4.net Forums: Release Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Moontang Episode 1 - Brig it on  "New Release"

User is offline   Sanek 

At last, here's my comment on this piece of turd map. :)
Despite my low opinion about polymer, I'm actually played this map back when it was released, and replayed it now. Well, speaking of design - I can't say that its the best space base level, but it looks good, although outdoor areas oblivously the worst parts of the map. What I really liked about the map is the abundance of interactivity, i.e. objests that you can use and which is not a generic buttons (trhough it's really a hidden buttons :mellow: ). In almost every room there's something you can press, and it's something that we don't get that much nowadays. There's also a lot of jokes which is really funny, like a viewscreens in the beginning). Monster and ammo ratio is OK, except of the annoying turrets. Laundry is something we don't usually get in a space maps, and sewers is nice a change too (am i the only one thinking it looks too Earth-like?). I also love the ending, which is simmilar to Maarten's Unknown Planet ending).
With all that said, it's really a good, even revolutionary map, which will sure inspire me when I try to make a space map. :D

View PostSanek, on 12 November 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

At last, here's my comment on this piece of turd map. :blink:
Despite my low opinion about polymer, I'm actually played this map back when it was released, and replayed it now. Well, speaking of design - I can't say that its the best space base level, but it looks good, although outdoor areas oblivously the worst parts of the map. What I really liked about the map is the abundance of interactivity, i.e. objests that you can use and which is not a generic buttons (trhough it's really a hidden buttons :blink: ). In almost every room there's something you can press, and it's something that we don't get that much nowadays. There's also a lot of jokes which is really funny, like a viewscreens in the beginning). Monster and ammo ratio is OK, except of the annoying turrets. Laundry is something we don't usually get in a space maps, and sewers is nice a change too (am i the only one thinking it looks too Earth-like?). I also love the ending, which is simmilar to Maarten's Unknown Planet ending).
With all that said, it's really a good, even revolutionary map, which will sure inspire me when I try to make a space map. :D

No one noticed my "I Dream of Genie" references................ shame on you.

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 23 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Somehow I never noticed the release until just now. I'll be trying it out shortly. I'm always happy to see more Polymer maps.

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

Holy hell this map was great! I played on Come Get Some difficulty and I have to say the balance was very good. It was never too hard or too easy, it was always challenging enough. Died few times but mostly on the short tunnel laundry area due to low health.
Loving the small jokes and interactivity like the vending machines.

I gotta say the boss battle was friggin' intense and helluva fun, probably was the best part in this map.

Great work!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options