Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is online   gemeaux333 

Some bugs become part of a game sometimes, it doesn't prevent to become a classic... There are even games where bugs become part of the gameplay : Half-Life 2 !

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postgemeaux333, on 07 February 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Some bugs become part of a game sometimes, it doesn't prevent to become a classic... There are even games where bugs become part of the gameplay : Half-Life 2 !

Oh, don't even get me started on HL2, that game was great until Valve upgraded the engine and the stupid bugs appeared though there at least it's stuff you barely notice (like NPCs - including G-Man in the intro - not blinking anymore) they don't affect the gameplay AND fans could actually fix them. Meanwhile in WT at some parts you get overlapping and super loud sound effects and that causes the game to stutter / skip frames like crazy.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Lazy ports will ruined the rep for sure, whatever the IP was, even not damaged too much but still, damage dealt.

View PostZaxx, on 07 February 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Edit: Well, it seems like there is a new test branch of WT on the SteamDB page so who knows, maybe there's a patch in the works. The last test branch like this got promoted to being the public release eventually.

I only care if they actually released the patch(if that test branch is real), and they should do that months ago.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPlayer Lin, on 09 February 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

I only care if they actually released the patch(if that test branch is real), and they should do that months ago.

More like years ago. :dukecigar: Anyway the test branch is real for sure so let's hope a patch will appear but really the issue is not the porting job itself (the PC version of WT is by far the best, consoles got the short end of the stick), more like Gearbox being generally out of touch when it comes to PC standards. I'm pretty sure that the guys over there play most of their games on a console because there are some weird problems that usually carry over from GBX game to GBX game like the generally bad mouse support.

I believe that's why they couldn't get the attention of Duke fans on PC because really I think all of us would have quickly stood behind a fantastic port and remaster of Duke 3D, we just never got that. I mean WT has a piss poor options menu, negative mouse acceleration when it comes to aiming, there are sound bugs I already mentioned, the questionable quality of the new episode's new enemies and new weapon, the half-assed sound remaster where only Duke got new audio, etc. What boggles my mind is that you can see that they tried with the new renderer and the awesome new maps, they just failed to polish up the game and fucked up the pricing (and just by looking at the sales that's objectively true, no matter how Randy tries to justify it, hell, even the fact that he tries to justify it only shows how out of touch he is). Those two things are more than enough to make the fanbase hate you, especially after the clusterfuck that was DNF. They needed a quality product to get the trust back, they failed to provide it.

And really the other problem is that Gearbox is getting outdated. Randy is only 46 years old yet he developed an "old guard" corporate mentality he can't seem to get rid of and Gearbox is not big enough for that to work out well. Why was WT and Bulletstorm Full Clip overpriced? Because Randy has this weird and outdated thinking where he wants to justify decisions from his perspective instead of looking at the modern digital market realistically. I'm pretty sure both WT and BFC are giant flops on all platforms so I'm curious as to how long they will keep making these bad calls.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

User is online   gemeaux333 

I wonder, when do Duke say "You are gonna need an I.C.U !" in world tour ?

I know this is the wrong area to put this but man, I just had a 2 hour Duke Match on Megaton Edition 1v1 haven't had one of those in 2 years Jesus I can't believe the server lasted that long either guess Megaton Edition age Well.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostHMNuke93, on 15 October 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

SLOWLY working on at least a sprite replacement for the final boss. I call him "The Immolator". If someone has a better name, let me know it :dukecigar:

looks nice

how did you do it? made a 3d model and took pics I presume, what program for the render?

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View Postpacman, on 13 February 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

looks nice

how did you do it? made a 3d model and took pics I presume, what program for the render?

I took Diablo model from Heroes of the storm, then used Xnalara to pose it. The rest is edited in Photoshop.

This post has been edited by HMNuke93: 13 February 2018 - 05:44 AM

View PostHMNuke93, on 13 February 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

I took Diablo model from Heroes of the storm, then used Xnalara to pose it. The rest is edited in Photoshop.

I'd love to see a full sprite-sheet for The Immolator, in the vein of sebabdukeboss20's work!

World Tour is back on Steam

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 13 February 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

World Tour is back on Steam

And without any sign of a patch... what a Gearbox thing to do! :dukecigar:

It already to late to patch World Tour anyway them patching it right now would make them look stupid even more

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 15 February 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

It already to late to patch World Tour anyway them patching it right now would make them look stupid even more

I don't care how GBX looks, I just want a good port. :dukecigar:

There is already good port EDuke32

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 15 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

There is already good port EDuke32

Sure but that doesn't mean that an "official" port has to be subpar. A good official port has more possibilities because it's easier to get it in the hands of a wider audience so you can have better, modern netcode with an actual population for multiplayer, proper multiplatform releases and really with all the rights in your hands only the budget is the limit to what you can do.

Anyway the test branch is still up so chances are that eventually we'll get that last patch.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Were are you getting this Test branch information from?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Just SteamDB, it was posted a few times already:
https://steamdb.info.../434050/depots/

Well hope it comes out soon I want to do some coop videos and DM's.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 16 February 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well hope it comes out soon I want to do some coop videos and DM's.

Some MP fixes would be nice because man, these player numbers are terrible:
http://steamcharts.com/app/434050
And chances are this is all single player.

User is offline   DrMaboul59 

Hello all!
I have downloaded and installed the 20th anniversary edition of DN3D via Steam. However, I have neither sound nor music in the game. I obviously checked the options and everything is activated. The sound on my PC also is. Also, the title screen with the Gearbox logo has working music and sound. Therefore I don't understand why the game itself is absolutely soundless :)
Please help me!

User is offline   VGA 

View PostDrMaboul59, on 15 March 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

Hello all!
I have downloaded and installed the 20th anniversary edition of DN3D via Steam. However, I have neither sound nor music in the game. I obviously checked the options and everything is activated. The sound on my PC also is. Also, the title screen with the Gearbox logo has working music and sound. Therefore I don't understand why the game itself is absolutely soundless :)
Please help me!

Go here
https://forums.duke4...bility-stopgap/

And follow the instructions to convert your installation into an eduke32 edition of the game, which should work better.

View PostVGA, on 15 March 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Go here
https://forums.duke4...bility-stopgap/

And follow the instructions to convert your installation into an eduke32 edition of the game, which should work better.

Well thanks but apparently we can't use the incinerator, which I would like to.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostDrMaboul59, on 16 March 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

Unless someone want to port it or you can only use the WT port for that, sadly.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So they hardcoded it? That's odd. They couldn't do it in CON?

User is offline   The Nate 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 16 March 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

So they hardcoded it? That's odd. They couldn't do it in CON?

There actually ARE .CON files for the new stuff, but it seems that they're coded in a way that they can only be used with the game executable.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDrMaboul59, on 15 March 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

Hello all!
Please help me!

possible something "broke" during the download & install process.
Uninstall & re-install.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSgt Nate V, on 16 March 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

There actually ARE .CON files for the new stuff, but it seems that they're coded in a way that they can only be used with the game executable.

WT's CON files are fully usable with EDuke32. Remember, WT only has 1.5-level CON coding, so there is absolutely no way they could code new weapons and projectiles with CON alone. They are hardcoded, and done in such a way that accurately reverse-engineering them by sight like Duke 64 is not feasible. Source code please.

User is offline   VGA 

View PostDrMaboul59, on 16 March 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

The WT version has shitty controls, though! Not worth it.

Hmm, have you tried to verify the installation through the Steam client?

View PostForge, on 16 March 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

possible something "broke" during the download & install process.
Uninstall & re-install.

I tried but it sitll doesn't work :)

View PostVGA, on 17 March 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

The WT version has shitty controls, though! Not worth it.

Hmm, have you tried to verify the installation through the Steam client?

It's strange because the game doesn't appear in my Steam library...so I launch it via the application directly (which requires Steam to work).

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options