• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Because it was a series of games created by Scott Miller.

User is offline   Jolteon 

So I just realize...

Attached Image: Alien Queen.png

The Alien Queen has red blood instead of green (Not on the Alien Queen sprite, but the blood that that fly when shooting her).

User is offline   Steve 64 

Did anyone one notice on eps 1 level 3 texture going though wall it where the googles are outside with True 3D, I don't remember it doing that in any versions I played besides this one .

Some of the re-recorded Duke talk I disliked is actually growing on me. Maybe I was too harsh on them. Except the pain sounds. And the lack of emphasis on the word 'bitch' in one instance.

User is offline   Lunick 

They're not all awful renditions, just that the pain sounds and the misquote on the submarine quote are pretty bad.

'Groovy' still rubs me the wrong way. The rest are fine, but it's just a few that got the tone and timing wrong.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's more that they're different rather than they're bad for most of them. It's like when someone gets a hair cut and they look ridiculous for a few days, but then they appear to go back to 'normal'.

Regarding the Firefly, in my opinion it would've been a better idea to make the explosion death a rare occurence, like how the normal troopers feign their death sometimes.

Alternatively, since they turn red on death, maybe it was intended that they only explode when getting killed by incinerator shots?

User is offline   MetHy 

Personally I think the explosion is too powerful. At least against their fellow aliens. But yes, the explosion is a weird choice especially considering they do have a death animation in the files, although it is similar to the Liztroop's (maybe that's why they went for something else). Their stance just before they explode look weird too, as they're completely static.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 18 October 2016 - 03:25 AM

Aren't Fireflies and Pitchlord immune to Flame attacks? I don't think Incinerator does any damage at all the few times I used it against them.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 October 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Because it was a series of games created by Scott Miller.

It's more confusing for me, since they give credits of whole the 1996 3DRealms team, included Scott Miller himself on the endgame credit roll, but not reference/easter egg of his game, WHAT?

*Mind blown*

But, maybe guys in Nerve & Gerabox just thought DNGOD for god mode would more directly/intuitively then DNKROZ... ;)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Having to unlearn stuff you've used for 20 years is a pretty bad decision to force upon fans.

User is offline   LkMax 

Nah, it's just a cheat code and GOD indeed is more intuitive to a godmode than k-something. They could've kept both codes though.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 October 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

But, maybe guys in Nerve & Gerabox just thought DNGOD for god mode would more directly/intuitively then DNKROZ... ;)

The funny thing is ... I wanted to check something and needed god mode. WIthout knowing about it and without thinking about the two well known previous cheats for that I typed DNGOD and it worked. I only realized it about 30 seconds later. :(

So, yes, it is more intuitive. :D

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 18 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 October 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

It's more confusing for me, since they give credits of whole the 1996 3DRealms team, included Scott Miller himself on the endgame credit roll, but not reference/easter egg of his game, WHAT?

*Mind blown*

Randy doesn't like Scott. They credited him in the credits because he was involved with the original game's production, that's all.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Dan 

What does Randy have against Scott?

This post has been edited by Dan: 18 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

They have a longstanding feud of some kind. I don't know the details, but I know it exists.

An aspect about World Tour that I don't think has been mentioned here yet are the new Steam Trading Card artwork and items, namely the Steam badges, emoticons, and backgrounds. These have to be manually discovered by the community, and what has been found and submitted so far is collected here:
http://www.steamcard...ge-appid-434050

Is that Duke wearing the red bikini?

Of interest is the trading card/profile background artwork as this is the other major new component of this release. Here are direct links to the high resolution versions:

Duke looks a bit off, but the monsters and renditions of the new maps look nice.

Also keep in mind this is effectively replacing Megaton's Steam Trading Card items which will no longer drop without new sales.

User is offline   BoowHow 

Is it just me or does it look like the pigcop is smiling in that background pic?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostMarphy Black, on 18 October 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Also keep in mind this is effectively replacing Megaton's Steam Trading Card items which will no longer drop without new sales.

I just realized why prices for foil Megaton cards are huge and rising, I was really wondering why I couldn't get the rest of 3 cards to create the badge which looks pretty cool.

It's possible to get cards, however. You still can create booster packs as many as you want if you have enough gems and I think you can get one randomly too or you can buy it on the market.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 18 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMarphy Black, on 18 October 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Using a blue uniform. How typical.

User is offline   irukanjji 

Hi guys, anyone knows how to enable cheat menu in this game ?

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostDan, on 18 October 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

What does Randy have against Scott?

Gearbox - "We'll save you Scott/3DR!"
3DR - "Good thing we have all these exempt rights so we can work on the movie, re-releases and a couple of new things"
Gearbox - "Yoink!"

It's 2016, why are people still mistaking the Assault Trooper's armor color? Especially for Randy "It's a labor of love" Pitchford.

Also, why didn't they just recolor the sprites instead of recoloring it in-game?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 18 October 2016 - 06:40 PM

• Weaponized Autism

At some point the decision was made to use blue as the basis for single-swatch palswaps, likely because of Duke's blue jeans. It only made sense to do the same for the Trooper instead of adding another set of palswaps for green.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPikaCommando, on 16 October 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

Has Gearbox acknowledged the bugs?

https://twitter.com/...399325239926784
Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

VOCs are a plain PCM format. It's incredibly amateur to convert them to Ogg Vorbis just because libvorbis handles the decoding for you.

Posted Image

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's again about compressing an already compressed format, right? I am expert in that... xD

User is offline   necroslut 

Played High Times again and it's really not a good choice for which will likely be the first level played by people who aren't that familiar with Duke. The street part and cofeeshop is pretty great IMO, but the drug trip part could really throw someone off who isn't familiar with sector engines and their quirks. Even I got lost for a few seconds the first time I played it before I realized it was SOS stuff. The different "laps" also aren't that visually distinct unlike those in that E2 secret level (Quirk of Fate?).

The whole concept also does not work at all in multiplayer. I would probably also not "force" the player to do that but make it optional, kind of a repeat of the lapdance scene in DNF.

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postnecroslut, on 18 October 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

The street part and cofeeshop is pretty great IMO, but the drug trip part could really throw someone off who isn't familiar with sector engines and their quirks.

A lot of the first videos and previews that came out before release had people struggling to work out that effect

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options