• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 September 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

It's both of those things, or pretty damned close.

Can we at least agree that we shouldn't have to refrain from using a red cross symbol in games because of the Red Cross organization? You might as well say that we can't use a mathematical plus sign colored red. It's fucking ludicrous.

You are not an expert when it comes to registering a trademark.

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostFox, on 14 September 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

You are not an expert when it comes to registering a trademark.

Neither was St. George

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Oh come on guys! The red cross symbol simply can't be used, is that hard to understand?

About the pill it does look out of place, I'm pretty sure they thought that a hearth would had looked out of place too. Is not like the new art is gonna be awesome anyway!

On the medkit thingy, if having a slightly askew red cross is good enough for Overwatch (most mainstream/best selling PC shooter), a slightly askew red cross on the art would probably be fine for this too. Or maybe put a thin circle around it or something.

Anyhoo, that Amsterdam level should be groovy. I wonder if there will be any reference to noted film legends Harold & Kumar, maybe he'll find their corpses like he did Dr. Jones and say something. :D

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 14 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Bad news for us germans. I contacted the german PS4 store support regarding the World Tour release in german PS4 store. The answer:

Sehr geehrter Herr ...,

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich mit Ihrem Anliegen an den PlayStation Support gewendet haben.

Wir bedauern sehr, Ihnen mitteilen zu müssen, dass uns bezüglich der Spielerscheinungen keine Informationen vor liegen.
In diesem Fall bitten wir Sie sich mit diesem Anliegen direkt an den Herausgeber des Spieles zu wenden.

Es tut uns leid Ihnen in diesem Fall nicht direkt weiterhelfen zu können.

Translated: they don't have ANY information regarding a german release of World Tour and they suggest to contact Gearbox directly. Well, I did this one day after the annoucement...no reply of course.
Can anyone with better contacts maybe ask Randy over twitter or something directly how it looks like with worldwide releases (especially on consoles)?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postt800, on 14 September 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

I would like to know who in Nerve keeps thinking that pill is more logical and natural replacement than reversed colors or heart.
Just out of curiosity what was your replacement supposed to be?

Posted Image

I Like it, I could live with it changed like that.

Looks sharp :D

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostTerminX, on 14 September 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty neat!

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

I have a feeling that "puke-green" medipack isn't going to do me any good if I use it.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostFox, on 14 September 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

-snip of cool pic-

Are these alternate versions that wouldn't make it in HTTK?
I like the red circle with white cross the best, with a close second being the red kit.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 14 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Not such a big issue but I don't understand how it can't be used. Isn't it just a 1996 game remastered? Who will complain?

But I still don't see why all the fuss... It's not like they removed the nuke logo or pigcops because ermm... police complained lol. That would have made more sense actually than the red cross complaining and I always wondered how it never happened. Yep... pigcops removed would make me complain also : P... But just a red cross? I think sometimes we just like to whine for the smallest details lol.

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 14 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

User is offline   Loke 

View PostLkMax, on 14 September 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

I like the red circle with white cross the best

This. That one looks great.

Agreed

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostTerminX, on 14 September 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

I had to tried this one out in game.

Attached Image: duke0143.png

I like this design for the medkit a lot. :D I think it's really cool.

• el fundador

Yeah, those are all alternates created for HTTKC. The red circle with the white cross looked the best on the portable medkit but it didn't look as good on the smaller pickups. The EKG heart looked pretty awesome on all of the tiles that needed to be modified, so we went with that.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostTrooper Dan, on 13 September 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

It's both of those things, or pretty damned close.

Can we at least agree that we shouldn't have to refrain from using a red cross symbol in games because of the Red Cross organization? You might as well say that we can't use a mathematical plus sign colored red. It's fucking ludicrous.

On the one hand, yes it's stupid. On the other hand, did you know that Mattel copyrighted the "Barbie Pink" colour? So anyone who advertises or sells anything using the colour "Barbie Pink" are ripe for a lawsuit. This is the world we live in. Personally, I think the red cross being in games is just good advertising.

I also find it ironic that "Nerve Software" doesn't have the "nerve" to use the red cross. :D heh heh.

...yeah.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

http://steamcommunit...42145688945359/

Posted Image

Oh my sides :D :D :D :D

User is offline   MetHy 

Considering we're going to be playing World Tour in EDuke32, I don't think this is even possible.

User is offline   BoowHow 

View PostLunick, on 15 September 2016 - 02:51 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be enough to get more people to buy it.

User is offline   Fox 

I don't think World Tour will have good sales. While I am not Gearbox's biggest fan, I say this from a market perspective. While they are adding a new 8 level episode, they are also removing the 3 expansion packs. The total is 25% of the extra content in Megaton, for the high price of 20 bucks. Megaton users will be forced to buy it again, and it's not clear if World Tour will erase the Megaton installation or not.

Other than that, there's the new render and improvements. I am exactly the kind of fan who would love that stuff, AO and normal maps for classic textures. However I am not like most fans, the majority would prefer Polymer HRP or 100% original. And while I find the changes amusing, at the same time I think their work is sloppy. So I am not interested in buying it either.

This post has been edited by Fox: 15 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostLunick, on 15 September 2016 - 02:51 AM, said:

Found Randy's alt Steam account.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Lack of TROR is the clincher for me.

View PostBoowHow, on 15 September 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be enough to get more people to buy it.

I bought it allready and hopefully alot more will, they got the band back togher ( sort of speak ) for this, theres no reason to pass it up.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 15 September 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

I bought it allready and hopefully alot more will, they got the band back togher ( sort of speak ) for this, theres no reason to pass it up.

Thing is, that the masses have no idea who Levelord, Allen Blum III and alike are.

• el fundador

Eh, they're pretty cool levels. $20 is, what, shitty fast food dinner for 2? Even as someone who is habitually broke, that's not a lot of money. I definitely understand the "this has less stuff than Megaton, why does it cost more?" argument, but you have to take into account the fact that a team had to be hired to actually create the new content. The cost to get something like Megaton to market is much lower.

Was it worth it to sacrifice Duke it out in DC and Life's a Bitch just so we won't see another official release of Nuclear Winter again?

User is offline   MetHy 

Like I said I don't think 20€ is too much for an entire new episode by the original level designers and composer, and it's probably not far off the equivalent price of something like Plutonium Pack of Caribbean Life in 1997, and I think I'll be buying the game just for that. Though I won't forget to write a thorough review.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 15 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostMetHy, on 15 September 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

Like I said I don't think 20€ is too much for an entire new episode by the original level designers and composer, and it's probably not far off the equivalent price of something like Plutonium Pack of Caribbean Life in 1997, and I think I'll be buying the game just for that. Though I won't forget to write a thorough review.

@MetHy
I really liked that level Insurance Overload (aka EDF Bureau) you mentioned earlier in this forum is there any more like it by different authors?

Also I cant find your name listed on CGS and would like to try a level or 2 by you as well, what name are you listed under?

View PostPikaCommando, on 15 September 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Was it worth it to sacrifice Duke it out in DC and Life's a Bitch just so we won't see another official release of Nuclear Winter again?

All I see is complaints about those episodes missing, but lets honest.... does anyone even play those?

I havent played but maybe a level or 2 of those in all these years and I won't miss them.

And for those that played/liked them, do they really have any replay value left in them to cause such a fuss?

It's a bunch to do about nothing, if you ask me.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options