Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 107 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   axl 

I love Aliens, Say your Prayers !

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

Alienz is fantastic.

One of these days I'm going to get off my butt and do a complete rerecording of the Duke3D soundtrack with guitars. Hulshult is probably already in the process of doing this considering his track record and more power to him, but I'd do something a little more broader ranged in terms of genre than just metal.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

User is online   Ninety-Six 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 February 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Alienz is fantastic.

One of these days I'm going to get off my butt and do a complete rerecording of the Duke3D soundtrack with guitars. Hulshult is probably already in the process of doing this considering his track record and more power to him, but I'd do something a little more broader ranged in terms of genre than just metal.

Keep us posted because I would love to hear that sort of take.

User is offline   Nancsi 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 February 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

I really like Whomp beta and ItsGreen.

I don't get why was itsgreen dropped. It's a very good track IMHO.

It's Green is really good, yeah. I'd imagine it was cut only because they couldn't find a place it would fit.

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

I get the sense that the Duke3D soundtrack was a lot more upbeat than it became. Not only was Whomp toned down and ItsGreen straight up cut, but Lee also stated on his FB discussion group that XPlasma was also a lot more lively than the ambient track it ultimately became. I wonder what that would have sounded like.

So anyway, it was clearly definitely a conscious decision to make the majority of the soundtrack and the tone of the game very moody and atmospheric.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   Nancsi 

View PostNinety-Six, on 15 February 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

It's Green is really good, yeah. I'd imagine it was cut only because they couldn't find a place it would fit.

I played Sweeney with it (my modified version actually). The track fits very well to that action packed level.

Sewer is something that can work with a moodier track like Gotham.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 February 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

So anyway, it was clearly definitely a conscious decision to make the majority of the soundtrack and the tone of the game very moody and atmospheric.

I believe the same. I just wish I knew how that conscious decision was reached.

View PostNancsi, on 15 February 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

I played Sweeney with it (my modified version actually). The track fits very well to that action packed level.

Who knows? Maybe because Sweeney was cut, It's Green got dropped too (I mean I'm pretty sure the song is way older than that level but still).

Share this topic:

• 107 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options