Duke4.net Forums: Flat Earth Clock - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flat Earth Clock

User is offline   Kyanos 

I put an app out yesterday called the flat earth clock.
https://play.google....h_clock.android

Posted Image

I came up with this while reading Flat Earth theories, it's a new style of clock that can show someone the time of day everywhere in the world simultaneously. It's got some toggles built into it so you can set it up a way that looks nice to you.

Here's another style.
Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That's an interesting idea.

How is it a game though? :P

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMicky C, on 02 August 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

That's an interesting idea.

Patent pending :P

View PostMicky C, on 02 August 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

How is it a game though? B)

Opps, I guess the thread should have been in the Hardware/Software Forum.

• Honored Donor

Btw does it tell me what time it is in central Australia?

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMicky C, on 02 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

Btw does it tell me what time it is in central Australia?

Yes. The app will get your local time from the phone, then using that info and your time-zone I do some math to set the rotation of the pictures overlayed on the Stationary Flat Earth map picture.

It will tell you the time everywhere, no matter which time-zone you are in.

I see this as a replacement clock for (pic related) the wall of different timezone city clocks at airports.

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That would actually be very helpful to me if you could add timezone descriptors to all timezones as well as customize them (have some areas be marked GMT/UTC and others like PST and EST as is).

If you want to be crazy, maybe you could hijack some day length statistics from the past 10 years and roll them into the program to render a dark area where it actually is dark.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDaedolon, on 02 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

That would actually be very helpful to me if you could add timezone descriptors to all timezones as well as customize them (have some areas be marked GMT/UTC and others like PST and EST as is).

I do like this idea, I did a quick rough up of how I would label some key time-zones (not Australian Central Western Standard Time, sorry Micky C)

Posted Image

Is this ( ^ ) what you are after?

Or did you mean something like this ( v ) but in the circular map form?

Posted Image

View PostDaedolon, on 02 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

If you want to be crazy, maybe you could hijack some day length statistics from the past 10 years and roll them into the program to render a dark area where it actually is dark.

I have thought about ways to do this, I think something that changed bi-weekly would be subtle enough and I could easily then just make the 26 individual overlays and call them manually by the date.

This post has been edited by Drek: 03 August 2016 - 05:17 AM

• Honored Donor

Does it account for daylight savings?

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMicky C, on 02 August 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Does it account for daylight savings?

Locally yes, but globally it is something that changes by country and hemi-sphere. At worst a location could appear off the time by one hour if Dst is opposite yourself. I have thoughts of setting a manual offset to the ring that users can apply, it would complicate the app a bit, but result in more accuracy for those situations, or certain places on edges of extremely wide/crooked time-zones.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options