Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   ---- 

View PostForge, on 20 December 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

Which Episode is the Walker from? Is it an AT-ACT?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 25 December 2018 - 12:23 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's sad that this thread has devolved into Star Wars memes.

Don't get me wrong, I am more than ok with it. It deserves it.

Do you want to make it into re-watch older movies/cartoons thread? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to replay SW games too, including multiplayer obviously. There are also ton of comics and a lot of good written books too which I guess could be discussed, but I doubt a lot of people are into this stuff.

Still wouldn't mind to see reading recommendations, especially clone wars related stuff which I became fond of. For one I plan to get my hands on Republic Commando books since it seems like people really recommend it a lot. if I hated anything about Attack of Clones is that the movie ended at the most interesting moment.

By the way, I finally watched Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars and this was pretty something. Really like his works which also includes Hotel Transylvania films (and those actually were made under Sony). The only complaint I have is that it was too short.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 March 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Still wouldn't mind to see reading recommendations

Splinter of the Mind's Eye (1978)

not canon.
still a good story

• The Sarien Encounter

Written before ESB so it gets way offbase with what's become of the characters. An interesting what if. I need to read it myself.

About the only thing I'm looking forward to right now is the third Thrawn book by Zahn and the previously incomplete and unreleased Clone Wars season 7.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I need to read it myself.

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostForge, on 02 March 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

not canon.

Never really cared about what Disney says is canon or not. The quality of their SW related stuff pretty much makes their statement even more questionable to be honest, to the point it's hard to consider their own stuff canon, most of it looks like pure fanfiction. It becomes even more hilarious when you see how they used some of this "non canon" stuff in their own films too even though they tried to pretend like its their own sometimes.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

unreleased Clone Wars season 7.

Still want to see that too.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 March 2019 - 11:25 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 March 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

Never really cared about what Disney says is canon or not. The quality of their SW related stuff pretty much makes their statement even more questionable to be honest, to the point it's hard to consider their own stuff canon, most of it looks like pure fanfiction. It becomes even more hilarious when you see how they used some of this "non canon" stuff in their own films too even though they tried to pretend like its their own sometimes.

This isn't anything to do with Disney, but LucasFilm. Splinter of the Mind's Eye came out before Empire Strikes Back so it takes the story from Star Wars in a different direction in which Leia and Luke begin a relationship, apparently. Because Empire wasn't around to get Han and Leia together nor Return of the Jedi to tell us that Luke and Leia were siblings.

But yeah, I get the Disney criticism. After TLJ....happened, I don't consider anything they're doing canon.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 03 March 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

which Leia and Luke begin a relationship, apparently.

This is pretty perverted and is some quality shitposting, though I did suspect that there was a catch.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 03 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

User is offline   Forge 

The difference between a movie and a book is that you get to read the characters emotions and thoughts, instead of simply having to interpret their visual and verbal cues.

There is a bit of flirting and tension in the book, but they don't actually do anything. Even less than the kiss in ESB.

• The Sarien Encounter

And again, before ESB's release. So it wasn't perverted when it was written. In fact I think most people expected them together before ESB....didn't they?

User is offline   Forge 

The book was pretty much written while the first movie was being made. If the Star Wars movie had done poorly in the box office, we would have gotten Splinter instead of ESB, because it would have cost very little to turn it into a movie. The book actually had more parts to it, like a small space battle at the beginning - which is what was originally supposed to cause them to crash on the planet - but it got cut because it would have been too expensive to produce.

side note: Harrison Ford waffling around about contracts and coming back for sequels is the reason Solo isn't in the book.

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 03 March 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

And again, before ESB's release. So it wasn't perverted when it was written. In fact I think most people expected them together before ESB....didn't they?

I know, I know, didn't mean it in a bad way (I guess I could use kinky, but forgot about that word the moment I wrote that).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 04 March 2019 - 02:15 AM

User is offline   Steambull 

View PostForge, on 03 March 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

The book was pretty much written while the first movie was being made. If the Star Wars movie had done poorly in the box office, we would have gotten Splinter instead of ESB, because it would have cost very little to turn it into a movie. The book actually had more parts to it, like a small space battle at the beginning - which is what was originally supposed to cause them to crash on the planet - but it got cut because it would have been too expensive to produce.

side note: Harrison Ford waffling around about contracts and coming back for sequels is the reason Solo isn't in the book.

I was about to ask what's your source on "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" being the story they would've filmed, but I googled about it and found info backing this. Very interesting. I think all that George has said in the documentaries, most notably Empire of Dreams, is that had SW failed, he would've completed "the story" one way or the other. Anyway, thank God Kershner, Kurtz and Kasdan where there when TESB was made.

• The Sarien Encounter

On the flip side, we never would have gotten The Last Jedi. But then, we also wouldn't have gotten Industrial Light & Magic, and thus, never have gotten the great TNG special effects.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 March 2019 - 06:30 AM

User is offline   Darkus 

Here's what happens when you let Chinese bootlegers re-dub episode III: you get Star War - The Third Gathers: Backstroke Of The West

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

*yawn*

Seriously, though. Neat that the Knights of Ren are finally featured, which was probably JJ's intent all along. Man Rian Johnson was a dick.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options