Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

n/m

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

n/m

Well, all the joke about "Emperor dies = Empire immediately surrender and hand hover the ships without resistance because... REBELS WON SHUDDUP!" we heard for years, worked definitely better before the badly written EA Battlefront II single player story :(

User is offline   Malgon 

Overall ‘Star Wars’ Production is Slowing Down as Lucasfilm and Disney Regroup

]“I made the timing decision, on and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn’t mean we’re not gonna make films. J.J. [Abrams, said:

is busy making ‘[Episode] IX.’ We have creative entities, including [‘Game of Thrones‘ creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven’t been specific about. And we are just at the point where we’re gonna start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.’s. But I think we’re gonna be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.”

A lot of people are speculating that Rian Johnson has been let go as there was no mention of his trilogy in the above quote. We'll have to wait and see if that is the case to be sure.

User is offline   Forge 

maybe they should stop calling their fan base misogynistic nazis when said fans don't like the movies being made.

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't believe Iger is taking the blame for Kennedy's mistakes. It wasn't over-saturation of Star Wars movies, it was bad Star Wars movies and then defending them and then attacking people who attacked them.

I was overjoyed to see Rian's trilogy not mentioned in the future projects. Now we're all waiting to see if the rumours surrounding Kennedy's official departure in September are true. Many think she's been gone behind the scenes since March (or earlier), though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

Marvel releases 3 movies a year and does just fine, so I don't buy the "fatigue" argument either.

The real problem is that every movie so far plays in the exact same sand box. If TFA didn't rehash the whole Empire vs. Rebels conflict and did something new instead, things might have played out differently. But now every movie so far just repeats the same iconography. Member storm troopers?

And of course they should have just used one director for the sequel trilogy with a clear vision and a well written overarching story. The thing we got instead is a hot mess.

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 23 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMerlijn, on 23 September 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Marvel releases 3 movies a year and does just fine, so I don't buy the "fatigue" argument either.

Both IPs work completely different.

I agree on the rest of you post, though.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 23 September 2018 - 01:50 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMerlijn, on 23 September 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

The real problem is that every movie so far plays in the exact same sand box. If TFA didn't rehash the whole Empire vs. Rebels conflict and did something new instead, things might have played out differently. But now every movie so far just repeats the same iconography. Member storm troopers?

And of course they should have just used one director for the sequel trilogy with a clear vision and a well written overarching story. The thing we got instead is a hot mess.

I don't mind multiple directors. ESB and ROTJ both are better directed than any Lucas direct SW movie, IMO. But there should have been a 3-part story already written out by one writer. It was a really strange choice to give each director full reign of control over where the overall arc was headed.

User is offline   Forge 

Marvel has over 50 years of story boards already pre-written to go off of - most of those movies follow the what is in the comic books.
The latest Star Wars movies are written on used tampon wrappers by a bunch of feministas that sit around drinking their california wine and bemoan the evil misogynistic Empire, which has always been ran by men.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I thought Solo was entertaining

User is offline   ---- 

View PostHulkNukem, on 24 September 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

I thought Solo was entertaining

Yes, entertaining for the moment ... in the end it was bland, unecessary and had shown all known events in Han's life in the most basic, unsuprising and simple way. Jesus, everybody's imagination on how he got the falcon, his blaster, met Chewie was more interesting ... oh, wait ... then it was Star Wars for the current generation that doesn't have any imagination at all anymore.

A movie like Ant-Man and the Wasp is allowed to be "entertaining", a Star Wars movie needs to be much more and needs to be something special.

And for comparison:
Ant-man and the Wasp: $620,197,147 worldwide gross.
Solo - A Star Wars-Story: $392,849,523 worldwide gross.

There you have Marvel's least successful hero (minus the semi official Hulk) of the MCU compared to a Star Wars-movie movie about Han Solo. Nothing else to add about the State of Star Wars.

EDIT:
And Solo had one awful scene which was really cringeworthy: How he got his name.
And that scene was actually shown to Kathleen Kennedy in a demoreel and it was the scene that made her decide to do the movie Solo. There aren't many persons on this planet more out of touch with Star Wars than the head of Lucasfilm,

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 24 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Main issue I really had with it was the cinematography was so dark and murky.
I also kept thinking main dude looked like Emile Hirsch which just reminded me of Speedracer

Then again, I also don't love Star Wars and Episode 1 is still my favorite, so there you go.

• The Sarien Encounter

Don't be silly.....Kathleen Kennedy is not the head of LucasFilm anymore.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 24 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Don't be silly.....Kathleen Kennedy is not the head of LucasFilm anymore.

As long as it is only a rumor I will say that she is still with Disney/Lucasfilm ... as much as I want her to be gone.

The same goes for Rian Johnson. Just because Bob Iger didn't mention him in his recent statement about less Star Wars-movies, it doesn't mean he is gone (could also be just the fact they don't want to mention him in name shortly after the Last Jedi-backlash).

• The Sarien Encounter

Kathleen Kennedy Renews Lucasfilm Deal, Will Remain President for Three More Years

:rolleyes: :P :)

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Gotta hand it to mouse, it didn't even take that long for them to completely destroy a golden goose which is SW. I thought it would take much longer to kill something as huge to the point that even avarage people wouldn't touch it. I expected SW to be damaged like in 8 or 9 movies more. This is an art indeed.

Would be nice if they gave up and sold SW as they've sold various IPs which they leeched so much it stopped turning profit. This happened to Power Rangers IP as far as I'm aware. After getting rid of it they can resycle their shitty SW ideas and use them in GOTG which ironically is doing much better than Disney's SW because its makers are wise enough not to shit on the people so blatantly.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 July 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Finally something good and exciting is happening for once!

Seems they surely interested in reusing the old script and ideas which already exist but knowing Disney...

That said, I know that due to cancelling CW they explained what happened to Ventress afterwards in Dark Disciples, but is there anything about the rest of the cast or the events besides the script for CW itself?

View PostForge, on 15 October 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

What a fantastic culmination of all the reasons, stated plainly and comprehensively, of how TLJ screwed up so horribly. And then when it seems to start to try to get something right, it goes out of its way to screw up even more. And what it should/could have done with some of its decisions.

I really am getting sick of the whole "subverting expectations" argument, though. It's proof positive that you are an individual of low intelligence for using it to defend TLJ.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Finally saw Solo a couple weeks ago. It was alright. Better than TLJ (but that's not saying much). Wonderfully average film. How Solo gets his name is still retarded, though. As is Maul igniting his saber in a hologram for no reason. Glover was way closer to Lando than Ehrenreich was to Solo. I never recognized Han anywhere in the film.

Here's hoping Jon Favreau's The Mandalorian live action show is any good.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

User is offline   ---- 

"How Solo gets his name is still retarded, though"

I don't know if it was mentioned here by me already, or if it is common knowledge ... but this scene was a demoreel shown to Kathleen Kennedy and that scene is what made her greenlight the movie. I have no idea how someone so out of touch with what Star Wars is can be in charge of it.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 24 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postfuegerstef, on 24 November 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

"How Solo gets his name is still retarded, though"

I don't know if it was mentioned here by me already, or if it is common knowledge ... but this scene was a demoreel shown to Kathleen Kennedy and that scene is what made her greenlight the movie. I have no idea how someone so out of touch with what Star Wars is can be in charge of it.

"Hey, Kathleen. What are you going to do with Star Wars once you're running LucasFilm?"

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Love me my Zahn Thrawn books!

Summer 2019 - THRAWN: TREASON by Timothy Zahn. Set before the finale of Rebels, Thrawn’s Imperial loyalty is tested, he crosses paths with Orson Krennic, and his protégé Eli Vanto returns with dire warnings about Thrawn’s homeworld.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options