• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostFantinaikos, on 22 September 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

It's not necessary play Uplink as a standalone, the Uplink Addon integrates the levels inside the main plot utilizing Lambda Reactor Core port 07 and return. It also fix a little Blue Shift inconsistency.

http://www.moddb.com...fe-uplink-addon

I actually didn't realize this existed that's pretty cool. Still, I prefer it as a separate experience. The idea (for my video anyway) was to go back to the beginning with the first piece of Half-Life ever experienced and walk through it all. I did know about the Decay mod. I'm going to have to find someone to play that with...I think I have a good idea who.

Always wanted to try the Dreamcast port version. Will give that a look as well.

User is offline   Maisth 

I was hired by Whackjob Interactive to help them make Catharsis Reborn and im super happy right now, to anyone wondering if this is actually true or not

Guess what.

https://twitter.com/...019550022262785

It is, Take a Bath

Also this is the game

it is a Half Life 2 modification pretty much since it uses the Source Engine

This post has been edited by Maisth: 27 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Friend released a remake of Cloister today, an unreleased deathmatch map by Marc Laidlaw https://gamebanana.com/maps/197830

Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

Some progress on Project Borealis.

Greetings everyone,

With the year coming to a close the Project Borealis team wanted to end on a high note. As such, I am here to share with you today some of the progress the team has made during our first few months of real pre-production.

https://www.reddit.c...ealis_update_2/

Concept arts

Posted Image

Posted Image

3D models

Posted Image

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. They should get some of the same guys who voiced Black Mesa to do the characters in this. That guy who did Barney and GMan and the guy who did the scientist voice (Kleiner) were spot on.

Is Black Mesa worth picking up for $5?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 28 December 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Yeah. Just beware that the singleplayer isn't finished yet (Xen is missing at the moment).

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 28 December 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostLoke, on 29 December 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

Yeah. Just beware that the singleplayer isn't finished yet (Xen is missing at the moment).

Yeah, Xen delayed to early 2018, sadly.

But the engine still got a public beta for Pre-Xen update some days ago and some news.

Oh, it's still a good idea(on sale or not) get BM before Xen releases, due to (the game's) price uprising.
(And no, you won't have pay more if you already have BM on Steam when Xen releases.)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 29 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLunick, on 03 February 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I already notified this guy once that his use of HRP assets is a violation of the HRP art license. He replied, but I guess he didn't get it.

User is offline   Tekedon 

Pretty cool. Are they the HRP weapons? Don't look the same to me, but might just be the angle and perspective.

User is offline   leilei 

Well they have to make crappy new animations to port them to MDL first since they can't take in baked MD3 vertex morphs to a skeletal format. They are them.

and as for "why hasnt this been done before" - well.......3DRealms C&D'd past attempts of cloning Duke elsewhere. It's also quite redundant as HL's arsenal pretty much IS Duek3d's sans shrinker and freezethrower.

This post has been edited by leilei: 04 February 2018 - 02:19 AM

User is online   X-Vector 

View Postleilei, on 04 February 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

It's also quite redundant as HL's arsenal pretty much IS Duek3d's sans shrinker and freezethrower.

Also minus Devastator and Chaingun Cannon, plus Colt Python revolver, MP5 SMG wirh grenade launcher, Crossbow, Tau Cannon, Gluon Gun, Hivehand & Snarks (though there are some similarities between CC/MP5 and DS/HH).
Will the extra HL wepaons be mixed in with the Duke 3D HRP ones or just left out?
Would be fairly jarring either way.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postleilei, on 04 February 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

Well they have to make crappy new animations to port them to MDL first since they can't take in baked MD3 vertex morphs to a skeletal format. They are them.

The poly mcount also looks lower.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Honestly this is probably a better way to do a duke mod, make a weapons pack. I've always thought HL was pretty much an evolution of duke so i think it works.

If you release a weapons mod it's relatively harmless since it's like a skin pack with tweaked damage - but then somebody else can make monster replacers (controllers are literally octabrains anyway) and somebody else can make a level pack and boom, you have a mini duke TC.

Also i actually like the HRP weapons better with that FOV/those gloves.

• The Sarien Encounter

Am I the only one that dislikes Duke wearing gloves?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 February 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Am I the only one that dislikes Duke wearing gloves?

I think they are great as long as they keep the weight lifting glove design. I like weight lifting gloves. :dukecigar:

The only thing that's bothering me about them in DNF is that they look super new, like "first day in the gym" new and while I get that Duke is the king and all that so guess he always puts new gloves on the "used look" is kind of an ego thing.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 04 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, the beta gloves were far better. Everything about beta Duke was far better, though.

User is offline   petrus 

Duke Nukem's Half-Life tour, looks grea! But until it's released we have the Max Payne mod:

This post has been edited by petrus: 08 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

http://www.moddb.com...s/autonomy-lost

I'm sure Loke will want to do a bigger post about it but check it out now!

User is offline   gemeaux333 

There is a lot of racket about a mod named "Hunt down the Freeman", mostly talked in bad... and don(t know if its worth its money, but it look fun to play...

User is offline   Loke 

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 March 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

There is a lot of racket about a mod named "Hunt down the Freeman", mostly talked in bad... and don(t know if its worth its money, but it look fun to play...

Don't bother.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 March 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

but it look fun to play...

It's broken, it has a lot of maps with infinite spawning monsters. It has maps with broken triggers. Things that cause crashes on level changes. Broken AI.

Not to mention the massive amount of stolen assets that aren't even homogenized to mix properly. Weapon models with different hands, etc.

Voice actor talking about being in HDTF

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 06 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

And this is the funiest one :

User is offline   leilei 

Hunt Down the Freeman, at a quick glance, comes off as the naive ideas dork project you'd see over-promoted as a big thing on a mod site that always hangs at 99% done.... except actually (disastrously) released........and at a STEEP PRICETAG SOMEHOW.

Why has gmod ripping culture enabled this and why is valve even allowing this

This post has been edited by leilei: 06 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

• Judge Mental

That's really my shock. It's still on STEAM. Looking at several streams of it, the game is consistently broken in several places, the asset flippage is incredibly high.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostTekedon, on 04 February 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Pretty cool. Are they the HRP weapons? Don't look the same to me, but might just be the angle and perspective.

Yeah, he's at least used the weapons.

Ignoring for a moment that he's broken the HRP license, no credit is given to the modellers, which generally sucks.

• Judge Mental

RE: Hunt Down The Freeman, if you want a good, free, alternative try "hunt the c-nt"

https://www.runthink.../hunt-the-c-nt/

It's a mod based on OPFOR. Tells the story of a female HECU left to die by an assassin and you spend the campaign hunting them through Black Mesa. It's pretty well designed.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 March 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

RE: Hunt Down The Freeman, if you want a good, free, alternative try "hunt the c-nt"

https://www.runthink.../hunt-the-c-nt/

It's a mod based on OPFOR. Tells the story of a female HECU left to die by an assassin and you spend the campaign hunting them through Black Mesa. It's pretty well designed.

Hey, I made that.

The name was very hit-and-miss, some folks thought it was cringy while some others thought it was amazing.

• Judge Mental

View PostLoke, on 07 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hey, I made that.

The name was very hit-and-miss, some folks thought it was cringy while some others thought it was amazing.

Hey, i'll take the potentially title if it means I get the solid content inside. You did a great job.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options