Duke4.net Forums: Half-Life corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostNightFright, on 18 May 2022 - 01:34 PM, said:

Wait, wasn't that the one with the legendary "You f***ed up my face" at the end, shooting the bad guy like dozens of times (who makes sounds like he's taking a shit every time he gets hit)?

(not)Freeman scratched the protag's face with a crowbar.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Gordon and Alyx were supposed to be seen at nova prospekt while teleportation, but they had to withdraw

Half-Life 2 VR will be available september 16

Top down Half-Life

https://www.moddb.co...s/codename-loop

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 17 October 2022 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

what the holy shit

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 October 2022 - 08:20 AM, said:

what the holy shit

Half-Life
ETERNAL

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

WHOAA!

i could be wrong but this has got some nexuiz style to it :rolleyes:
Nexuiz Classic

This post has been edited by INGAMEDUKETHREEDEE: 27 October 2022 - 04:25 PM

Black Mesa: Blue Shift chapter 4 has been released!

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 10 December 2022 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Geez, didn't even know this existed. Also haven't played Black Mesa yet, even though it's in my Steam library since ages.

View PostLazy Dog, on 10 December 2022 - 09:35 AM, said:

Black Mesa: Blue Shift chapter 4 has been released!

Finally had time to play it, it's pretty good, but it does drag on in some parts of chapter 4. Took me almost 6 hours to beat the currently available content (chapters 1 though 4) so it's already way longer than the OG Blue Shift ever was. To put it in perspective, chapter 4 ends when you enter the portal to Xen.
It's really cool they got the Black Mesa voice actors to voice the new soldier/ scientists/ guard lines.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 December 2022 - 10:12 PM

• The Truth is in here

How much is now still missing, actually? One chapter? It's been ages since I played the original addon, so I don't remember much about it any more.

View PostNightFright, on 13 December 2022 - 01:08 AM, said:

How much is now still missing, actually? One chapter? It's been ages since I played the original addon, so I don't remember much about it any more.

There's a chapter in Xen, a chapter where you have to head down into the bowels of the area to power the secondary portal generator, and then the final chapter where you have to play a small round of tower defense against HECU while the scientists continually power up the machine and travel through, one at a time.

i play Blue Shift a lot don't judge me

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 13 December 2022 - 01:20 AM

• The Truth is in here

OK, so that means they are bit more than 50% done with the remake. I have very vague memories of Blue Shift. The biggest thing about it was that it (optionally) upgraded NPC and weapon models with more polygons and better textures. What happened story-wise is almost a blur to me, besides the fact you were playing Barney, the guard.

IIRC there was even a mod called "Point of View" that allowed you to experience the HL1 story from the perspective of a Vortigaunt alien. That one was actually pretty well done and I liked it more than BS.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

I have played mod "Point of View" as well, and man that thing is good, it definitely felt like an official expansion for Half-Life. My only complainant would be that it felt too short to the end for such a good mod, but still definitely nice gameplay experience over all. BTW, if i remember correctly, in this mod, you are playing as Alien Grunt, not Vortiguant. At least the proof for this is that mod's ending (which was kinda bad) is a replication of actual Half-Life level Questionable Ethics when Gordon Freeman approached captured Alien Grunt in some kind of capsule. However, please correct me if i am wrong.

This post has been edited by LakiSoft: 14 December 2022 - 09:36 AM

in POV you play a vortigaunt, you have the electric attack

User is offline   LakiSoft 

For some reason i remember using the Hornet gun in that mod? Or maybe i am confusing it with Xen Warrior perhaps? I don't know.

View PostLakiSoft, on 14 December 2022 - 01:02 PM, said:

For some reason i remember using the Hornet gun in that mod? Or maybe i am confusing it with Xen Warrior perhaps? I don't know.

Isn't that a vanilla weapon, though?

• The Sarien Encounter

Hornet gun is a vanilla weapon. Blue Shift only has vanilla weapons. OpFor has all the new "Race X" weapons.

Don't know anything about POV other than I've heard of it and have yet to try it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 December 2022 - 08:17 AM

• The Truth is in here

It's been many years since I played it but yeah, it's really good and on par with the official expansions, at least that's how I remember it. You had some alien weapons besides your arm and light beam, so you were a bit more than just the "average" Vortigaunt. Mostly for practical reasons since gunplay would have been a bit boring otherwise...

I remembered that the creators of Azure Sheep / Point Of View were talking about making a sequel to these mods using the source engine / Half-Life 2, and you would have the possibility to play either of the 3 characters
what happened ?

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postgemeaux333, on 17 December 2022 - 11:33 AM, said:

I remembered that the creators of Azure Sheep / Point Of View were talking about making a sequel to these mods using the source engine / Half-Life 2, and you would have the possibility to play either of the 3 characters
what happened ?

Likely too busy with other projects/non-editing projects/Real-Life and then retired(according his 2016 news update in his site) from modding years later...if you check his personal site, you can see he even never finished the DAVSub: Source mod(a port of his DAVSub for HL1)...
http://www.davlevels.com/news/

So, it's fat chance to happen I guess.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 18 December 2022 - 08:22 AM

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 17 December 2022 - 11:33 AM, said:

what happened ?

Family, as I recall.

A lot of those devs were already old guard by the time they finished POV. They had been making content since Quake 1.

weren't they approached for working on Daikatana at some point ?

• The Sarien Encounter

LOL have we shared this here yet? It's two years old but I'm just seeing it for the first time now. This is hilarious and brilliant. I want one for every classic shooter now!

Half-Life in 8 minutes:

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 17 April 2023 - 09:28 AM

Half-Life official 25th Anniversary Update + Documentary.
https://store.steamp...797379568863069
https://half-life.com/en/halflife25/

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

They did an incredible job on this.

User is offline   jkas789 

Yeah, I finished my replay of the game last weekend and it was a joy to play again. The only part that I actively hated from Half Life was On A Rail (my old enemy) and just all of Xen. But otherwise the playthough was pretty stable and enjoyable barring some FOV issues and textures z fighting.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options