• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Ohhh, Azure Sheep is a fanmade mod, isn't it. I was confusing it for Guard Duty, I think it's called, or whatever. The remake of Blue Shift in Source. I don't think I've ever played Azure Sheep actually...

Don't mind me.

Yeah, I actually like Blue Shift a fair bit. Probably my personal favorite of the three expansions. Never really was able to explain why...

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I have played Azure Sheep and liked it, but actually not as much as the other mod from the same creators : Point of View

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Wasn't POV the one in which you played Xonxt, an alien? That one was ingenious! I still remember playing it as if it was yesterday. One of my first HL mods I ever played. You just had your claw with lightning beam as weapon, but it was so consequently executed and cleverly connected with the original campaign that it almost felt official.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Original HL mods? They Hunger was my favorite, it was such a good horror game.

View PostZaxx, on 20 November 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Original HL mods? They Hunger was my favorite, it was such a good horror game.

That's probably my favorite HL mod of all time. I just did another playtrhough of it a couple years ago and it was just as good as I remember. The only issue I ever had with it was the final boss.

User is offline   ---- 

BTW:

Has anybody played Black Mesa after the patch from last year to the part where you get the longjump module right before you go to Xen?

Just asking, as I am to lazy to play through the whole last chapter just to see the new jumping mechanics from the patch.

Are they better or worse than before?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 20 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

I just want the old jump module.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't remember how the jump module functioned in Black Mesa. Was it bad?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 November 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

I don't remember how the jump module functioned in Black Mesa. Was it bad?

Yes, really bad ... it worked exactly like in HL. :rolleyes:

From the decription it now works more like the jump boots in Unreal Tournament 3. Single jump = normal jump. Double Jump = long jump.
That's at least how I understood it. Could be wrong about it, though.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 21 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

What? Double jump? That's a terrible idea. I liked the original too. At least bind it to a second key specifically for longjumping.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 November 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

What? Double jump? That's a terrible idea. I liked the original too. At least bind it to a second key specifically for longjumping.

Yeah, I bet you did. I bet you liked it. Say long jump module real slow... Posted Image

Just give us old fans the option, please...

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 November 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Yeah, I bet you did. I bet you liked it. Say long jump module real slow... Posted Image

I'm not denying necessarily that it could use some improvement. I just don't think double jump is appropriate in the least. But what's so hard about it? It's basically the reverse of a duck jump key combination. I still instinctively duck jump to this day no matter what shooter I'm playing.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

User is offline   ---- 

So, it seems nobody else played the final part of the current Black Mesa yet?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 November 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'm not denying necessarily that it could use some improvement. I just don't think double jump is appropriate in the least. But what's so hard about it? It's basically the reverse of a duck jump key combination. I still instinctively duck jump to this day no matter what shooter I'm playing.

I was just being a tit, sir. Posted Image I never had an issue with the long jump/duck jump IN THEORY. I think Xen just went overboard in places with it and it was a shame because it made a very creative and interesting world space more than a little frustrating at times. I think the XEN area needed additional mechanics beyond just the jump-module. Like a jetpack or grappling gun or something.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 November 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

I was just being a tit, sir. Posted Image I never had an issue with the long jump/duck jump IN THEORY. I think Xen just went overboard in places with it and it was a shame because it made a very creative and interesting world space more than a little frustrating at times. I think the XEN area needed additional mechanics beyond just the jump-module. Like a jetpack or grappling gun or something.

Xen had some pretty shitty level/encounter design, I don't think that was the fault of the long jump mechanic which I never had any problem with whatsoever.

View Postfuegerstef, on 22 November 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

So, it seems nobody else played the final part of the current Black Mesa yet?

At least I haven't. Every time I try to play BM I end up discovering new bugs, most of them resulting in putting down the game and waiting for the next patch.

User is offline   ---- 

What kind of bugs?

i had one or two minor glitches in the playthroughs (which were all before last years update), but never a serious bug.

View Postfuegerstef, on 23 November 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

What kind of bugs?

i had one or two minor glitches in the playthroughs (which were all before last years update), but never a serious bug.

I've had crashing at the Black Ops fight in Apprehension, I've had ties wobble at lightspeed so that they slowed the frame rate to a crawl (even after it was said to have been fixed), hyperferns doing the same thing, I've had fullbright fail and scorch my eyes, there was a weird instance where the normal maps or whatever broke so everyone was polygonal and looked like they were made out of folded paper and it just kinda creeped me out if I'm being honest...

I've had scripted dialogue sequences fail to play, I've had scripted actions fail and lock me out of the progression, I had a glitch where I was permanently locked in ironsights and couldn't switch weapons, I've had a glitch where my weapons were invisible...

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 24 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostNinety-Six, on 24 November 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

I've had crashing at the Black Ops fight in Apprehension, I've had ties wobble at lightspeed so that they slowed the frame rate to a crawl (even after it was said to have been fixed), hyperferns doing the same thing, I've had fullbright fail and scorch my eyes, there was a weird instance where the normal maps or whatever broke so everyone was polygonal and looked like they were made out of folded paper and it just kinda creeped me out if I'm being honest...

I've had scripted dialogue sequences fail to play, I've had scripted actions fail and lock me out of the progression, I had a glitch where I was permanently locked in ironsights and couldn't switch weapons, I've had a glitch where my weapons were invisible...

OK, that's bad. I read about some of those but had it never happen to me. And I played through the retail version at least four times.

View Postfuegerstef, on 24 November 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

OK, that's bad. I read about some of those but had it never happen to me. And I played through the retail version at least four times.

Some people experience them, some people don't.

But that's the price you pay for Early Access.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Noclip's Half-Life doc premieres in 12 hours, running time is 1 hour, 48 minutes! :)

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

It seems that Erik Wolpaw is back at Valve.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMalgon, on 04 January 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

Good news. Talen back at Valve is always good (no, modelling hats and crunching numbers to balance cards isn't a talent). And let's hope he is't there to save Artifact (which he worked on).

And yes, Artifact is (currently) a bit in trouble. Let's hope Valve recognizes the abysmal playercount as a warning that they need to make real games gain.

Actually, Erik Wolpaw is on contract for Valve, not a full time employe, not much time and Valve refused to give him his former post back

• The Sarien Encounter

"Former post?" I thought they didn't have any positions at Valve and everyone was just whatever they wanted to be without a hierarchy.

Though, I guess if he's on contract and not actually employed then it's still true.

Have you tired the Half-Life 2 : MMod ?

https://www.moddb.co...ep2-enhased-mod

Obligatory

props if you understand wtf is going on

Wasn't that record beaten a few months ago?

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 March 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Wasn't that record beaten a few months ago?

can't find anything about it, got any source?

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options