Duke4.net Forums: Putting my old PC up for sale. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Putting my old PC up for sale.  "On sale for $750. PM me if interested."

I just purchased this ASUS G11CD-US007T gaming desktop and I'm loving it so far. So I'm putting up my other old desktop for sale for $750. Here's the specs.

• CPU: i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz w/ Cooler Master: Hypo 212 heatsink.
  • GPU EVGA NVidia GTX 660 Superclocked
  • RAM: 4 sticks of 4GB ram equals to 16GB
  • PSU: Cooler Master 750 watts. Will include the power cable.
  • Motherboard: MSI Military Class III Z77A-G45. Will include the box that has disc that has the drivers in it and other junk.
  • Computer case: Mid-Tower CM Storm Enforcer.
  • OS: Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Pro). I'll throw in a Windows 7 Pro physical disc just in case you want to revert back to the previous OS. There's a sticker w/ the OEM code on it.
  • HDD: Seagate 500GB SSHD.
  • Capable of overclocking! I never overclocked this PC before. So Person of Color, this PC might interest you!

PM me if you're interested in buying this PC and we'll go through the processes of payment and shipping. I can also send pictures of the PC by email via my iPhone since I haven't got the chance to setup iTunes yet.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 12 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Does it run Qbasic?

View PostRobman, on 12 July 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Does it run Qbasic?

Nope. It supports Windows 9x systems.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Get to modern times Robman!
QB64

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Why on Earth would you sell that? Just slap in an SSD and a faster video card. It's not even outdated yet.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I do have to agree with PoC here.
GTX970 is getting very cheap since people are buying the newer cards now, you can get one second hand for around bit over $200 over here.

Although, if you need to sell it and get space, remember that this system has a ton of potential waiting around. Just remember to price it well.
For just additional $300e total (SSD + GPU) you can almost match your new ASUS system in terms of typical gaming performance.

Easily worth over $550 as-is, about $700 with a better GPU/SSD
There are just price estimates based on Finland, these may vary for you.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That CPU is newer than mine (i7 2600k). In fact, I was considering upgrading to that.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I built an i7 2600K system for my mother what seems like years ago, I never personally used it much. Was it a good chip? Is it holding you back now? If so- in what areas? .. blah blah how was the chip?

This post has been edited by Robman: 14 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It is not holding me back. In fact, you can overclock the motherload out of this chip. I put it up to 4.5 and it never broke a sweat. Well, maybe a slight sweat. I started getting blue screens every now and then so I lowered it down to 4.0. But I didn't need it that high so I left it at 3.4. I still don't need it any higher really. I've got a sweet cooler master heatsink/fan on it, though, which was recommended me when I was selecting parts for that system. The Sandy Bridge was amazing.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

4.2 - 4.3GHz is easy stable. You can safely go to at least 4GHz and not worry about a single BSOD.
You can easily go on par with more expensive chips like 4790K on stock speeds with that bump.

Considering that 4790K doesn't really go much beyond it's stock speeds the same way 2600K does, there is little gain there.

Only reason I can think is to get more cores / cache and use that for video editing or similar.
For gaming, 2600K all the way. Don't upgrade yet :P

Most of the focus has been on the GPU / power consumption with the newer chips really.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I got my friend's 3570k to 4.5GHz four years ago. It's still running strong and he's about to throw a 1070 in it.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 15 July 2016 - 02:07 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options