Duke4.net Forums: Game announcement and teasers - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game announcement and teasers  "Title says it all"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They're so unimaginative with their names. Least it actually looks like a box now heh.

DAFUCKKK

• The Sarien Encounter

Is this DLC or MK12 already?? I still haven't even played MKX yet.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 05 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

It is a DLC story arc take place after one of the endings of the game.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Mafia 2 and 3 are getting remasters and Mafia 1 is getting a full on remake.

I am real excited for a Mafia 1 remake. I loved that game a lot when it came out but its hard to go back to. The graphics look real good and I hope they are able to deliver.
The one concerning thing is that it seems there is a new voice actor. The old voices are so ingrained into my brain that hearing the guy in the teaser is triggering me, but I'm still hopeful.
I'm also not holding out hope that they'll add content to Mafia 2 to make it less empty and boring or Mafia 3 will get more variety to its missions, but that would be nice.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 May 2020 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   t800 

Hangar 13 working on remaster of all games? Just amazing. I mean, hell yeah 2K. Why not ditch czech studio that made amazing first game and solid second one just after bit disappointing sales figures for 2nd. And then, give all reponsibility for remastering to Hangar 13. American studio who clearly didnt understand what made first two games tick when making 3rd one. (Not even going into technical aspects. Just watch that Crowbcat's video from YouTube.)

And then, I read somewhere that even czech voicecast (which was originally included in first two games BTW) is not for granted here. Nice work 2K. Very sensitive approach to czechoslovak fans of serie.

Am I overreacting a bit? Maybe. But you have to understand - I am slovak. So we are rather close to czechs, kind of brethern nations. And we consider Mafia as our national game treasure. One of the best games ever made here.

User is offline   Jeff 

Mass Effect Trilogy remaster in 2021

This post has been edited by Jeff: 17 May 2020 - 07:33 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe I'll actually play them this time.

WTF is that

Sega the fuck is wrong with you why would make that seriously.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Deathloop, made by the Dishonored team.
You have a day to assassinate 8 targets, if you fail or die, the day restarts and you have to do it all over again.
There's also another assassin that is hunting you, and they are either AI or player controlled (you can toggle if its a player in the options)

I really, really like that it plays just like Dishonored but it seems you might not be penalized for using lethality. Hoping that there's no bad ending for wanting to play the way you want this time around.

The only thing that worries me is replaying it. Dishonored games are replayable for me and there's always new things to discover or new ways to take out the targets, but with them doing the groundhogs day approach, does that mean every single loop plays out the same (as in, the NPCs will always do the same routes at the same times of day, etc)?
I also wonder if you truly restart the entire thing over or if its instanced. Seems punishing to have to redo the entire game if you fuck up right at the end.

Really looking forward to it in any case.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 11 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Havoc Runner, in progress

more details here
https://www.indiedb....es/havoc-runner

More Wang InComing

Shadow Warrior 3 part 2 The Way Of Motoko

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 12 July 2020 - 02:44 AM

Serious Sam 4 Gameplay

User is offline   Hank 

Far Cry 6 will be out 18 Feb. 2021
https://twitter.com/...401605036306433

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostDuke Legacy, on 12 July 2020 - 02:43 AM, said:

Shadow Warrior 3 part 2 The Way Of Motoko
[Video]

So it's like Shadow Warrior 2013 meets Serious Sam II (setting) and Doom 2016 (dismemberment). It could work if done right.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I was able to draw a few more pieces of info about SW3 out of a video over at Gamestar.de.

Summary of the highlights: