Duke4.net Forums: Aim Down - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aim Down

User is offline   markmeikle 

DukePlus removes the Aim Down key from the classic Duke3D keyboard setup. How can I bring this back?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmarkmeikle, on 29 March 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

DukePlus removes the Aim Down key from the classic Duke3D keyboard setup. How can I bring this back?

Inside the DukePlus folder is a subfolder named "dpcons". In that folder is a file named "DUKEPLUS.CON". You will need to edit that file using a text editor.

Find the following code:

definegamefuncname 18 QUICK_PIPEBOMB

onevent EVENT_AIMDOWN

ifp palive
ifvare quikpipe 0
ifvarg player[THISACTOR].ammo_amount 5 0
ifvare KICKBACKPIC 0
ifvarn CURRWEAP 5
ifvare player[THISACTOR].weapon_pos 0
{
	setvar quikpipe 1
	setplayer[THISACTOR].weapon_pos -1
}

setvar RETURN -1
endevent

You will need to comment it out, like so:

/*
definegamefuncname 18 QUICK_PIPEBOMB

onevent EVENT_AIMDOWN

ifp palive
ifvare quikpipe 0
ifvarg player[THISACTOR].ammo_amount 5 0
ifvare KICKBACKPIC 0
ifvarn CURRWEAP 5
ifvare player[THISACTOR].weapon_pos 0
{
	setvar quikpipe 1
	setplayer[THISACTOR].weapon_pos -1
}

setvar RETURN -1
endevent
*/

You will lose the ability to throw a quick pipebomb, but there shouldn't be any other effects.

Thanks! That removes the pipebomb functionality, but doesn't bring back the aim down functionality.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmarkmeikle, on 31 March 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

Thanks! That removes the pipebomb functionality, but doesn't bring back the aim down functionality.

That's strange, because the only code I can find that should be preventing aim down from working is the code I pasted above. Commenting out the definegamefuncname line should return aim down to its original name in the menu, and commenting out the rest (in particular the line that sets RETURN to -1) should restore the functionality.

Oops. I made a mistake and put the comment in the wrong spot. Sorry about that. I will be able to try the correction after work :D

Thanks Trooper Dan

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You need to rebind keys in EDuke32 after every change in a specific definegamefuncname.

How do I rebind keys Daedolon?

Also, Trooper Dan, after correcting the commented code, the problem remains. It removes the pipebomb functionality, but doesn't bring back the aim down functionality.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View Postmarkmeikle, on 01 April 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

How do I rebind keys Daedolon?

After launching EDuke32, go to Options→Control Setup→Keyboard Setup→Configure Keys and change the key definegamefuncname is tied to. Or manually edit settings.cfg.

It's a kind of a pain since often during the development a mod, you may change the definegamefuncname line with different text. Afterwards EDuke32 will stop responding to the keypresses of that key, even though it still says it's bound to the previous key in the Keyboard Keys list.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDaedolon, on 01 April 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

After launching EDuke32, go to Options→Control Setup→Keyboard Setup→Configure Keys and change the key definegamefuncname is tied to. Or manually edit settings.cfg.

It's a kind of a pain since often during the development a mod, you may change the definegamefuncname line with different text. Afterwards EDuke32 will stop responding to the keypresses of that key, even though it still says it's bound to the previous key in the Keyboard Keys list.

@markmeikle: This is most likely what is happening, since there doesn't seem to be anywhere else in the code that would explain it.

That did it! Commenting out and re-setting the keyboard choice worked. Thanks guys.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options