Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Is this why its so complicated to make a Blood 2 remake, and let alone bring the Blood franchise back ? It belongs now to Atari, who despite what their name could suggest, seems relunctant in doing so...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 05 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Retrospectively, I have no idea why I played through Blood 2 at least 4-5 times. The game was buggy as hell, weapon damage was totally random, enemies were able to hit you through walls, the story didn't make ANY sense, the creepy atmosphere from the first Blood was missing entirely...

The game was missing at least 6-8 months of focussed development. If anybody ever took the time to fix at least the gameplay-related issues, it could still be turned into a decent FPS.

Peoples did that with Daikatana, why couldn't anybody do it for Blood 2 ?

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostNightFright, on 05 September 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Retrospectively, I have no idea why I played through Blood 2 at least 4-5 times.

I really like its atmosphere tbh. Reminds me of VTM Bloodlines.

User is offline   cybdmn 

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 September 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

Peoples did that with Daikatana, why couldn't anybody do it for Blood 2 ?

Maybe because far less people capable of doing that are giving a fuck about Blood 2?

User is offline   supergoofy 

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I just saw that Death Wish is STILL receiving updates. Latest version is now v1.7.2 (dated Oct 17, 2020). Apparently a fourth SP episode is already in progress. The guy who is working on this is a restless genius.

What's the deal with Atari, are they trying to scrap any Blood project on purpose ?

User is offline   jkas789 

View Postgemeaux333, on 30 October 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

What's the deal with Atari, are they trying to scrap any Blood project on purpose ?

Huh? AFAIK support was dropped for Blood FS and even the creator said to just play with NBlood. As to if Atari are trying to block Blood projects I'm not sure? The brand Atari has been bought by another company and so far they have just been milking the name and the oldschool games with that atari console that is supposed to be dropping this holiday season.

View Postjkas789, on 30 October 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

Huh? AFAIK support was dropped for Blood FS and even the creator said to just play with NBlood. As to if Atari are trying to block Blood projects I'm not sure? The brand Atari has been bought by another company and so far they have just been milking the name and the oldschool games with that atari console that is supposed to be dropping this holiday season.

Have they been brought by yet another company or is this still Infogrames pretending to be Atari?

Infogrames still. Also I love the balls of this jackasses. Check this out:

On January 27, 2020, Atari announced a deal with GSD Group to build Atari Hotels

Atari. Hotels.

WTF.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postjkas789, on 30 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Atari. Hotels.

WTF.

Posted Image

Well, this is what Civvie said in his Pro Blood Death Wish : "Nightdive could keep providing updates for Fresh Supply is this wasn't for Atari"

View Postjkas789, on 30 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Atari. Hotels.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 31 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

You won't be disappointed about those money lovin' monkeys would do anything to get more money...

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Is there anything new coming up in the Blood community? Maps or episodes?

User is offline   Dzierzan 

https://www.moddb.co...frame=&game=301

A new episode is being made for Death Wish and The Way Of Ira.

Fleshed Out has now 3rd episode.

The creator of Eviction is making another map with custom XMAPEDIT features which will be only compatible with NBlood. I believe his three other maps will be updated as well with new features.

One of creators (daMann) of Bloodlines TC will release version 2.0 (it still will be tagged as beta though), which will have maps updated, masked madman enemy, custom voxels and it will work nicely for NBlood and BloodGDX.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 29 January 2021 - 11:07 AM

User is online   Tekedon 

View Postdarkcaleb, on 28 January 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

Is there anything new coming up in the Blood community? Maps or episodes?

I'm designing mapblueprints for another game using mapedit, blood versions will probably be released aswell when it's all over and done.

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostTekedon, on 29 January 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'm designing mapblueprints for another game using mapedit, blood versions will probably be released aswell when it's all over and done.

Looks fun Tekedon.

A new community episode with 6 maps has been released, including my first Blood map. The whole project turned out pretty well, some talented mappers.

https://www.moddb.co...lliliters-of-vr

Congrats whirledsar! Yeah it was a fun romp mate :)

Does anyone know were I can download Blood Reborn?

I'm interested in playing it.

Have you tried contacting someone on the wiki about it? Since one of the links on that page is to the wiki itself, and allegedly to a download, it might be there, you just need to jump through a few hoops to get it.

Does anyone know how to run Blood 2 on Windows 10 ? I and geomancien are trying with the GOG version, including using this solution https://www.gog.com/...rking_on_win_10 , but we struggle...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 24 March 2021 - 01:31 PM

Finally we have solved it with science :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/965439613

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/967674845

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/967711389

User is online   Tekedon 

View Postgemeaux333, on 29 March 2021 - 10:09 AM, said:

What was the solution?

well, I still haven't got the details ... but it have something to do with a thousand settings unrelated to the aforementionned solution...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 31 March 2021 - 08:09 AM

User is offline   daMann 

Bloodlines: Out of the Grave Edition 1.5 beta

Started late 90s by the awesome Felix Drott and other leaders in the Blood mapping and BUILD modding communities (I also helped do some of the maps and also have a fun unreleased for it yet, too), the final beta version released Feb 2002 and it sat buried, until I randomly watched some playthroughs on YouTube by Pagb666. I was inspired to try and finish stuff out, and especially with new sourceports, thought I could do something cool.

Attached are two working version for NBlood, GDX, and Fresh Supply (!!)... yep, FS. These are really basically just the OLD release from 2002, but with some new surprises, including a brand new starter weapon (the fire axe) and... well, you'l see mwahahaha... All of the NEW maps and some additional thematically appropriate enemies I've been working on are not included, but several tweaks are on some of the maps, especially e1l1 and e1l2 which have had some major restructure and cleanup.

THIS IS BETA STILL LOL. It HAS taken longer than Duke Nukem Forever.

READ THE README(S) of the one whose poison you pick ;) Lots of textual easter eggs in there, and tons of thanks to get the project to where it is at. The Blood Community has helped make this project... live... again and come Out of the Grave!!!

SO!!!!!!!! Please test this out, make sure it installs for you and you can load it up, etc. and ENJOY some late 90s/early 2000s jank!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by daMann: 31 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

Thanks for this, DaMann!

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options