Duke4.net Forums: Wolfenstein corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein corner  "For everything Wolfenstein related"

User is offline   jkas789 

If there is one thing I can complain about loudly in Blade of Agony is the "stealth" sections. Can't stand them at all.

I have never 100% Wolf3D, so I guess you guys are a hell of a lot braver than I am.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 30 August 2021 - 01:26 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can almost do ep1 and ep3 in my sleep now. Can't do 100% in par time on every level so it's one or the other, but it was fun to put that under my belt.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 30 August 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

Can't do 100% in par time on every level so it's one or the other, but it was fun to put that under my belt.

That's the one thing that always bothered me about 90s FPS. The par times were always set to just be one or the other, there was never a 100% completion par time. I see why having a normal par time makes sense, but it always irked me that there was never a second par.

I have just finished the last episode of Blade of Agony. My final thoughts after 20 or so minutes is that the mod was good, even if the size of the maps in the final episode made it a slog to play through. Perhaps I'm the problem, as I'm generally not a fan of large maps were if you get lost or stop playing for a while then you are shit out of luck and backtracking like an idiot. I prefer shorter, tighter maps that don't overstay their welcome.

Well, at least in Doom/Hedon/BoA/whatever user maps.

User is offline   Newken 

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Single-Player Demo is out!

https://www.moddb.co.../downloads/etsp

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Was this mentioned yet? wolfmidi+wolfdosmpu is a project that brings MIDI/MPU-401 music to the DOS version, along with some optional QoL improvements.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMrFlibble, on 30 November 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

Was this mentioned yet? wolfmidi+wolfdosmpu is a project that brings MIDI/MPU-401 music to the DOS version, along with some optional QoL improvements.

Oooo

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Yes, I'm counting on you to do your recording magic ;)

Guess what game had its 30th anniversary? Why, Wolfenstein 3D. Someone made a mod for the occasion.
Link to mod
In addition to the levels and the new weapons, there are a lot of QoL improvements to the game. Some fairly standard in enhancements of the original game, like a map or strafing buttons, but a lot of it I don't think I've seen before. The only bad thing about it is that if you wanted to play it in LZWolf or ECWolf you can't because it actually uses a different file format compared to your standard mod. I'm sure support will be modded in eventually though. Liking it so far, but I'm still on Episode 7.

I'm surprised at how ignored this anniversary was otherwise. You'd think it would have gotten some more love considering just how important it is.

View PostNinety-Six, on 13 May 2022 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm surprised at how ignored this anniversary was otherwise. You'd think it would have gotten some more love considering just how important it is.

Funny, the only thing I can seem to find is directly related to this mod or generic this day in gaming stuff. Its funny, you see stuff shilling some movie's 50th anniversary or something, but video games get very little. Mystery House was released on the same day and yet I can't find anything relating to that game's 50th anniversary either.

It seemed to slip under the radar, but id is hosting dedicated Enemy Territory servers.

That's very nice of them. Sometimes you really do just want to play the original way.

This is not a game I expected to receive official support out of nowhere (limited though it may be), but I'm certainly happy for it. Multiplayer games are some of the tougher ones to preserve and go back to, not necessarily because of design, but because you kinda need other people to play with, and if there aren't any you're a bit dead in the water (alternatively it's like ET and while there's a community out there the game is nearly unrecognizable).

So I'm happy for this. I never actually had the chance to play ET before.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 01 October 2022 - 08:07 AM

Oh, that is actually really nice. I certainly didn't expect it given how servers for old games are going the way of the dodo unless they are being maintained by the community.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options