• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein corner  "For everything Wolfenstein related"

User is offline   SonicB00M 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 June 2021 - 08:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

But shooting zombies does and that's the problem.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I mean if killing undead Jews in a concentration camp make you feel good I think that's on you?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 10 June 2021 - 09:02 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Never thought ethnics would ever be relevant when it comes to zombies. Maybe they should cover this in the final season of "The Walking Dead".

Didn't you learn anything from Residents Evil 5? It's racist to shoot zombies of a minority status!

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSonicB00M, on 10 June 2021 - 07:59 AM, said:

I know you it's important to let creators decide what is best for their mod, but seriously... who thought that having concentration camp victims rise from their (mass)graves and attacking the player would be fun gameplay that everyone would enjoy? There is stuff that's just bad taste and you can put that into your little edgy mods but not if you want endorsements from guys like John Romero.

Fuck off.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostSonicB00M, on 10 June 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

Why?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

No one should be trying to police whether a piece of art or a game makes you feel the right way.

Google translation of something doomjedi said on the iddqd.ru forums

The mod that everyone likes and pleases everyone is a dead mod.
If everyone likes me, then I did something wrong.
This is no longer art, it is the propaganda of chastity and "party politics".

• The Truth is in here

So, another attention whore outed herself. It's fun how they only do this in small forums and not in the spotlight. What a pathetic idiot.

who? doomjedi was always against the changes

BTW hilarious comment I saw on their github

Posted Image

• banned!

What bothers me the most is when, OK don't mean to play the Jew card again, but given my background and my family's background, I don't find anything in this mod offensive. Hell I have a dark sense of humor, so I found the holocaust zombies hilarious. I mean I burst into laughter when I saw that and couldn't believe they went there. Real nazis don't do things like that. Real nazis are people who obfuscate their true meaning and use symbols. Killing reanimated Jews, if it were "serious", is so on the nose that you could only market it to Stormfront members. No, it's not serious. "Poor taste", yeah, maybe. Autistic? For sure. But... anyone who thinks it reflects actual antisemitism is a fucking moron.

And being offended is not an argument. Your feelings don't mean anything! How did everyone turn into such a pussy? I feel embarrassed reading the comments on DW. Like go cry to your mama or something. Go tell your therapist how video games hurt your fee-fee's, but leave people who actually CREATE the fuck alone. I mean, what a marvel, what a symbol of commitment and love for a franchise, that over a period of several years, something of this depth and quality got made. ONLY to then be besmirched by some wannabe do-gooder nutjobs who exemplify - under the guise of compassion and sensitivity - some of the worst fucking traits of humanity. I hate to use religious terms, but it truly is satanic, if we define satanic as "opposite of all positive values". Look at what has been achieved and have some god damn respect before you quibble over details.

I swear these are the same people who want to destroy Western civilization just because they can only see the bad parts.

Posted Image

(I find this way more distasteful than anything I've heard about BoA, and Barr is Jewish)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 10 June 2021 - 12:50 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 June 2021 - 11:23 AM, said:

Google translation of something doomjedi said on the iddqd.ru forums

• banned!

I don't find jokes distasteful (it's fine if you do). Anything can be funny and I don't judge what people will laugh at, but I think a certain someone on here ticked all the boxes of an actual neo-nazi, in terms of denying the holocaust, justifying Hitler, doubting the sincerity of a Jewish person merely because of their ethnicity, and I STILL respect that person's contributions to the video games I love. I can't prove it now, but if there was something questionable in, say, Life is a Beach, I wouldn't be mad over it and request changes. Look, whether somebody's intentions are malicious or not, it's THEIR artistic expression. Let everyone see who they are and then judge appropriately, but first and foremost, let people explain themselves before you levy the worst accusations against them.

I can't even articulate why I care about creative expression so much, but teamwork and creativity, especially when done out of sheer love for the craft and not profit, are increasingly rare commodities in today's society. You'd think DW would have more respect for that, but clearly they shit all over it.

And let me tell you, edgelords make the best art, so protect them at all costs. Think back on everything you really love and I'll bet you there was at one time or another heavy controversy involved with that thing, like there was with Doom back in the 90s, heavy metal in the 80s, etc. Censorship creates dead, sterile cultures.

This post has been edited by Jesus Christ: 10 June 2021 - 01:15 PM

Yeah I don't know who raised Tipper Gore from the dead but can we please bury her again?

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostSonicB00M, on 10 June 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

I respectfully disagree on this one. zombies are zombies. You can have black zombies, latino zombies, jew zombies, christian zombies. At the end of the day zombies are zombies no matter their origin, and zombies are dead.better to put them out of their misery.

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postjkas789, on 10 June 2021 - 02:59 PM, said:

I respectfully disagree on this one. zombies are zombies. You can have black zombies, latino zombies, jew zombies, christian zombies. At the end of the day zombies are zombies no matter their origin, and zombies are dead.better to put them out of their misery.

I don't think people have that much of a problem with shooting zombies that have a Jewish origin, but rather the fact that concentration camp victims are zombified in the first place and they conider it disrespectful. Nevertheless, going this way, we would basically have to cancel every more abstract work of fiction that is based upon wars - as how is this essentially different than "immortal" Wolverine and Sabretooth fighting in every, Inglorious Bastards killing Hitler out of the blue, Captain America/Wonder Woman movies, Watchmen fighting the war in Vietnam...

Of course with concentration camp it's over the top and breaking some kind of taboo, which gives it more shocking value - but that's it, I can't see it was done in any way to mock or disrespect the victims.

I'd argue it actually does it right by triggering such an emotion in the player.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 09 June 2021 - 08:06 PM, said:

This isn't the first time a member of his team got attacked by awful people in an utterly awful way..

Speaking of that... https://ufile.io/n98jlr7e B)

My response to fraggle regarding the Sonderkommando debacle, in case Torm decides to delete it

The ADL are upper and middle class Americans, they live in a different world, they don't have to worry that one day their house could be blown up by a missile. Of course doomjedi and his friends will have a different perspective than them.

Also, why is it that video games is the only art form that's not allowed to offend people?

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 June 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

Also, why is it that video games is the only art form that's not allowed to offend people?

Make no mistake, here. They raise the same kind of shitstorms over films, comic books, and basically everything. It's far less about "what" can offend people, and more about "who" you're allowed to offend, and that "who" is typically anyone who doesn't toe the party line.

View PostNightFright, on 09 June 2021 - 11:07 PM, said:

As I said before, an option to just skip the level would probably be the best approach. You don't have to change anything, you are not bending the knee to the SJWs, keep your artistic vision intact and nobody is forced to experience anything they don't want to. It could be that simple. Wherever they go from here, it's no use any more, the project has been nuked.

When dealing with sensitive topics, sometimes that might be a better option. "No Russian" comes to mind. I still think it's a bit weak but it's at least a compromise that most people can live with.

Not that those chucklefucks over at DW care. They'd prefer to erase it all.

• The Truth is in here

Wasn't Torm going to leave the community, anyway? Would be a good time to throw the towel now and go out with a bang. Mic drop style.

View PostNightFright, on 11 June 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

Wasn't Torm going to leave the community, anyway? Would be a good time to throw the towel now and go out with a bang. Mic drop style.

Yeah. The problem are the legal threats, plus his team members being dragged down with him.

Because Doomworld is Neogaf.

Take a look at BoA's moddb page. It's glorious.

User is offline   jkas789 

From the moddb:

During the last days and weeks we, the development team behind "Blade of Agony", received a lot of emails, comments and news about the release of the project. While the overwhelming majority found the result and the execution of our work successful, there were also critical voices, among others, which we take just as seriously.

First of all, Blade of Agony is a fictional scenario based on the alternative narratives of the Wolfenstein game series by id software and Bethesda and the corresponding canon. It does not represent accurate history, our political stance or thinking of the development team. We reject any form of racial hatred, discrimination, (Neo-)Nazism, anti-Semitism or glorification of the Second World War.

We have invested a lot of time and work to communicate this message in our game, to deal sensitively with the content and to create a respectful game experience without discriminating against people or groups of people. Despite meticulous care, we have not succeeded perfectly in all points, which is why we have taken the current version of "Blade of Agony" offline until further notice.

We are currently working on a revised version in which we will correct these mistakes and respond to the players' comments and reasonable demands. Until then, we ask for your patience and understanding. Stay psyched!

Also the comments are gold:

Attached Image: Screenshot_1.jpg

Attached Image: Screenshot_2.jpg

Somehow, Ion Fury always comes up looool

Attached Image: Screenshot_3.jpg

Anyways if you want to have some retarded fun, go read the comments.

I wish I could enjoy doing that. But all it really does is depress and enrage me at the same time.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wasn't it never removed? (Ogay)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

User is offline   MObreck 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 11 June 2021 - 08:24 PM, said:

Wasn't it never removed? (Ogay)

The developers initially stated they would replace the ogay bottle after being pressured by an outrage mob from ResetEra. After receiving massive backlash for that announcement they backpedaled, realizing changing the bottle would just be promoting the harmful stereotype that the ResetEra community's opinions are worth listening to.

They did still remove a crass inside joke one of the developers hid in an unreachable without cheat codes debug room.

This post has been edited by MObreck: 11 June 2021 - 09:22 PM

View PostMObreck, on 11 June 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

changing the bottle would just be promoting the harmful stereotype that the ResetEra community's opinions are worth listening to.

this is a nice quote that i will hold on to for future use

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 11 June 2021 - 09:32 PM

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options