Duke4.net Forums: Sprites weirdness when/after using Security Camera... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sprites weirdness when/after using Security Camera...  "And it looks so funny for some reasons..."

User is offline   Player Lin 

Today I started to play some usermaps...like Red2: Alien occupation(the 2014 updated version), when I goes to the Town Hall area, I killed monsters and using the Camera on that room, I noticed those killed monsters' sprites goes ape-shit, flickering with its other frames or totally other items' frames, and it goes so fast.

If use ESC key to exit the Camera mode when it happens, the effect will still working and looks so funny when the sprites still messed up after killed monster, even Duke's sprite also happens...it can be fixed if just gibed them by explosions, but it'll happens again on other monsters when you do the same shit again.

https://youtu.be/Xnw3xd8ruu0
https://youtu.be/L9wCjYU-h4Q

Tried to record them but maybe due to the fps setting, it doesn't shows well clearly... but I'm sure it happens...those 2 videos are in r5581(20160121-5581)... I tried to finger out the last working version without this problem is r5474(20151219-5474), and the next one started to bugged that I can downloaded from Dukeworld site is r5491(20151222-5491).

Tested only with x64 Debug builds, but I don't see the normal one and x86 counter-parts won't happens.

It just minor problem but still needed to fix I guess. :dukeaffirmative:

EDIT: It's on Polymost renderer, not tested on Classic or Polymer ones...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Same issue here, the latest EDuke32 version. Since I'm playing vanilla and original episodes, mods and custom content such as maps aren't the problem.

View PostFistMarine, on 23 January 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

On an unrelated issue, in those large maps, whenever I die and I'm asked to reload last save, I press Y but EDuke32 crashes to desktop. This happens rarely. The save file still works after starting up again EDuke32, though.

I believe it happens when you reload the game too often. Have this issue too since that build which is integrated with Duke 3D on Steam (from 3D Realms Anthology, forgot which build they used).

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Does the problem persist with the latest Synthesis build?

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Does the problem persist with the latest Synthesis build?

I haven't able to try, since recently months, try to download shit from dukeworld.duke4.net seems very hard sometimes...fail-fest or super slow of download speed made me take lot of times to success the 2MB download of Synthesis build...not sure about my IP address/routing or something...

(But sometimes it just perfectly fine, but rarely. When try to download a huge mod about >100MB from Dukeworld, I haven't success even once...)
:)

EDIT: I successed to download the build, I'll report it if I see what's changes or not...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Hmm, I wonder what the problem could be. The most obvious candidate would be poor routing between Taiwan and France.

Tried the build of r5771, seem the problem has been gone, no more glitchfest on using Security Cameras.

I also noticed the Z-fighting(?) bug on some sprites on wall also working fine too.

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hmm, I wonder what the problem could be. The most obvious candidate would be poor routing between Taiwan and France.

*sigh* I won't surprise such shit happens...
Attached Image: duke4net_tracertlog.png
The tracert log...

Yeah, I love how Doomworld's /newstuff frontend have supported multiple mirrors on their files, in case the primary one just goes so slow, I have other options can still get the file with not totally shitty speed. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I'm glad to hear it. I suspect the problem was a regression introduced in r5484 and reverted in r5723.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSledgehammer, on 23 January 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

I believe it happens when you reload the game too often. Have this issue too since that build which is integrated with Duke 3D on Steam (from 3D Realms Anthology, forgot which build they used).

Is this bug still around?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options