Duke4.net Forums: Any Duke related dreams? - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Duke related dreams?

User is offline   FistMarine 

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I made a new topic. I got inspired by a similar topic at Doomworld forums.

I had a weird Duke3D dream last night where there was a secret in Incubator that wasn't discovered in years and it was discovered recently, I remember finding by accident. It was found underwater (near the end of the level) and it contains a green nuke button that was supposed to take you to Faces of Death (the hidden Dukematch level) but the nuke button didn't work for some reason. During that time, I had in mind the user map FBSP003 because I remembered that map also had a green nuke button that sent you to Faces of Death. Anyway back to that room, it also made a creepy sound when you discovered the secret, it wasn't the usual "secret level" sound but it rather used the EXACT same sound as the one from Knee Deep in ZDoom mod where you find the Tormentor's head easter egg but it was much creepier in the dream. But that wasn't too bad as when later I visited infosuite site that shows Game Secrets and entered on Incubator to see that weird secret being mentioned here, it showed a very creepy wall with a crack in middle and 2 images of mutilated babes.

I remember there were more details but this is all I remember right now. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's interesting. No, I have never had a Duke related dream that I can recall.

However, I sometimes dream of the urban areas where I grew up in 80s California, and Duke 3D city levels can capture the essence of those areas very well. Especially when the monsters are dead and I'm just looking down a street or at an overpass. It's very peaceful, without the monsters/gang members and it gives me a nostalgic, almost sad feeling, like the ghosts of my childhood are there. Maybe that's why I keep coming back.

User is offline   Lunick 

I dream about the Total Meltdown mod being released

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

Maybe! I had an anxiety dream where I was defending myself against misogynists last week.

I can't remember much but this was a dream in a few parts but I remember the dream as two big parts. The first part was a hunt after a goal. I'm not sure what this was about. I think I dodged through a caravan and got on its roof. After more running I was on top of what was the ground which was a roof of a building. I know this sounds weird but dreams can be weird. This guy in a white tee was trying to push me around. He had butch masculine ideas of what he wanted me to be but I needed to defend my own sense of femininity against him. I'm not sure what I was wearing. White vest and jeans most likely and some light jewellery. Maybe a watch or bangles. I knew I couldn't win against him and was trapped in a no win situation. I really felt I needed to play him super cute to wiggle through his traps and escape. I was heading out and these killer whales swam up to the building I was on the roof of overlooking a compound full of crates. This was really weird like it felt like the first level of Tomb Raider with the pool where you fight the bear. Okay, so after maybe three times they buzzed me I needed to escape. This is when a loads and loads of baddies dressed head to toe in black (who I sense were men) arrived on a train and swarmed through the stacks of crates to storm my position. Just writing this it reminds me of a level in Half Life - the one with the Ninjas. I felt these ninja or commando types were thuggish and toxic. Classic never listen to anybody and don't stop bad guys. The final last moments of this dream were me dithering. I felt hemmed in by this attack and needed to break through and make for the train or diagonally over the compound through the crates then I would be free! I know I was beset by baddies in the dream like I had dropped into the zombie apocalypse but I actually felt good about myself. Most anxiety dreams I remember left me feeling really bad. I didn't feel bad about myself or terrified after which does surprise me.

So, basically, this dream seemed to have a mix of Duke Nukem, Tomb Raider, and Half Life with a dash of Walking Dead. I'm sure other things were in the mix but I can't untangle these associations.

Oh. I also can't remember having a gun. I think I had a sense of a gun or knife but can't remember seeing myself in this dream carrying or using them. The bad guys had rifles...

After I woke up I felt this dream was super important. I wanted to spend time interpreting this dream to discover what it was telling me. I tried really hard to remember this dream because I knew I would forget if I didn't try and was falling asleep again. I had forgotten about this until you reminded me!

This post has been edited by CultureShock: 15 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for the replies! CultureShock, that was an interesting dream, even if it only had a bit of Duke influence in it. I will update the topic each time I have a Duke styled dream. I've had multiple Duke dreams from many years ago but I hardly remember anything from back then, so I will only post the dreams happening from now on. :thumbsup:

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

View PostFistMarine, on 15 January 2016 - 04:13 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies! CultureShock, that was an interesting dream, even if it only had a bit of Duke influence in it. I will update the topic each time I have a Duke styled dream. I've had multiple Duke dreams from many years ago but I hardly remember anything from back then, so I will only post the dreams happening from now on. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it wasn't much was it?... I think it was a reaction to the sexism topic in general discussion. I have wondered about the mapping aspect too. I've been neglecting this and not sure whether I will or won't do maps. I don't know... I'm guessing my brain was garbage collecting. I like dreams and can't remember dreaming for ages. I liked this dream and am glad I dreamed it.

I like people telling me their dreams and doing dream interpretation. I think it helps you better understand what your subconscious and emotions are saying.

User is offline   Jolteon 

For me, I dreamed about snake heads... for some reason. :thumbsup:

View PostHendricks266, on 25 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lunick beat me to it Damn it

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Only Duke related dream I ever had was:

I was inside one of the maps I was making at the time since I spent so much time on it I was thinking a lot about it, ended up there in my dream/nightmare. I guess I was in Duke's shoes lol. Maybe Duke was saying you see what you put me through arrrghhhhh. I woke up and took some enemies out

I've had another Duke related dream last night but I don't remember much of it. All I remember is that I played a map that was set in a space station that is on moon, reached a room with computers and a switch (there were 2) but I felt like I could touch them as if I was inside game, they were probably supposed to end the level but they didn't. Outside I have seen 2 cycloid emperors and 2 assault troopers but somehow the cycloid emperors clipped through window and because I didn't want to die, I started a new game/user map but it started in exact same room I was in, just the 2 troopers were inside the same room as I was but the emperors were gone. I decided to use cheats (DNCLIP, DNKROZ, DNSTUFF) to go outside on the moon and it was similar to those user maps that require a scuba gear to be able to survive in space, simulating space suit (it would have been cooler if the dream featured the unused space suit but oh well). For some reason, I started drowning (even though I remember activating God Mode and Giving Everything cheat codes but maybe I only activated No Clip to explore the moon part of map), it looked like I didn't have the scuba gear and I was losing health (it was around 60-61 when I noticed that) but then I used the cheats again and used medkit to heal, then I stopped losing health. Also the font was a bit different, I had EDuke32's own HUD enabled but it had the same numbers font from Classic Status Bar, just they were white and italic. Then later in dream I remember seeing the first 3 bosses of the game, I used RPG against them but at one point the Battlelord and Cycloid died while I decided to explore further, maybe they started infighting and Battlelord died from Emperor's rockets, while the emperor killed himself, so I only had to finish Overlord by myself. They didn't end the game, so I could explore the map further. Then I remember seeing the monolith from the end of Dark Side but it was textured into a mini spaceship and had a nuke button on a back but I didn't activated it because I was too busy fighting the monsters, maybe I saw it during Overlord fight, I forgot. It used the monolith sound effects as well but since I was "underwater", the sound effects were different. During that time I heard music from Movie Set and I saw 2 captured babes as well but I killed them and they spawned more monsters like in original game. After that the dream ended.

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 22 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Good now make the map.

Sorry I am not good at mapping and don't have time right now, especially since next week I have exams. I would like to recreate these dreams but maybe another time. :thumbsup:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostFistMarine, on 22 January 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

Outside I have seen 2 cycloid emperors and 2 assault troopers but somehow the cycloid emperors clipped through window

That's always the case with monsters in dreams isn't it: "ahh I'm safe, they're outside and can't get in." Nek minut "fuuuuuuuuuuuuu....."

It's like the very thought process of identifying them as a non-threat makes the brain change them into a threatening status.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Before DNF was released:
I dreamed I was playing the 2001 build.

After DNF was released:
I dreamed I was playing the 2001 build.

:thumbsup:

I do have afew duke dreams

1. A better Duke Nukem 3D Mp
2. Release of the ps1 and n64 classics
3. Anew Duke Nukem Game

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 23 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

I had a dream last night that was mostly about the forum rather than Duke3D. Anyway I remember only few details such as the fact that Mister Sinister posted new screenshots of his map/episode (this also happened in reality but in dream he posted lots of screenshots instead of only 2) and I think Sanek also posted screenshots about his map. At one point, I remember seeing a GIF picture of one of the maps, which had a trooper standing in crouched position and holding a cola can instead of the laser pistol. What was really weird is that the trooper was shooting mini rockets from the can...at a pig cop tank but it was colored dark green and empty, as if simulated a real tank. I don't remember exact how the map looked but it was canyon styled and it was using the star sky texture. That's all I remember.

EDIT: The sky texture I was referring to is MOONSKY.

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 03 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

View PostFistMarine, on 03 February 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

At one point, I remember seeing a GIF picture of one of the maps, which had a trooper standing in crouched position and holding a cola can instead of the laser pistol.

Did the trooper looked something like this?

Attached Image: cola lizard.png

View PostFistMarine, on 03 February 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

What was really weird is that the trooper was shooting mini rockets from the can...at a pig cop tank but it was colored dark green and empty, as if simulated a real tank.

Rockets from a cola can? :dukeaffirmative: Yeah, that does sound weird.

Yes but he was facing right direction. And I don't remember well if he either shot with rockets or was launching other cans at the empty pig cop tank. I really wish I could remember the details but this is all I remember. :dukeaffirmative:

I had one last night that Gearbox released additional content for DNF that they modified to be like DN3D but it was still a little sluggish being DNF still.

I haven't had Duke dreams recently, but I used to when I anticipated the release of DNF.
In one dream (this was a lucid dream, so I could control what I was perceiving) I had just teleported to 3DRealms to take a look at DNF, and I had caught George huffing butane to get ideas for DNF.
In another dream I was Duke and I had to fight against an acid-spitting monster that could knock helicopters out of the sky, so I defeated it by shoving a number of pipebombs up its ass with a baseball bat, and then blowing them up.
In a third dream, I was looking at the 3DRealms home page and noticed an update advertising the release of new screenshots and a new video for DNF. However, the new screenshots were just tiny pieces (16x9 or so) of the 1999 screenshots, enlarged to 1280x720, while the video just showed a drunk Joe Siegler goofing off.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Occasionally I dream of working on some mods, making some groundbreaking progress... then I wake up and it didn't happen. :dukeaffirmative:

Interesting dreams. I had a lot of Duke related dreams years ago but I can't remember all of them. I only remember like small parts of 2-3 dreams.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Okay this is a dream I had back in 1998 I believe. I had never played, seen, or heard of Duke I and II until years later, and so I had only seen Duke in Duke 3d, with sunglasses. I had always wondered why he kept the sunglasses on. Was it to hide a scar I wondered? I was really disappointed when I discovered it was just added to look cool, but it really is cool to be honest lol.

Anyways, the dream... I dreamed I was in a backroom of sorts, with gray walls and a leaky pipe from the ceiling. This man directed me over to a big buff guy, who was wearing a gray almost black tank top, blue jeans, and boots (I had seen the Nightstrike Duke action figure for sale on 3DR, and that's probably why he looked like this). It was Duke, and he turned around and looked at me and I got to see what was behind the shades! He had one blue eye, and one green eye (he had heterochromia)! He then said something to me along the lines of "Stay safe, kid." and some other things but I can't remember. I then woke up and I absolutely believed that was the reason for the shades for many years, and though it isn't, I still like to think it is :dukeaffirmative:

Cool dream! I don't know why I haven't noticed earlier. Anyway I had another one last night:

I remember playing the Last Reaction & Water Bases TC. It was a bit different in the dream, such as having FOUR new episodes instead of two. And the episode selection screen was a bit similar to Quake 3 Arena Single Player menu with a picture for each episode. So I decided to play one of the episodes (I think the first one), which starts in a canyon with a lot of lava and there were a lot of monsters, some of the game bosses, some regular monsters and some custom monsters. I noticed that the max health is 150 (in the original LR&WB mod the max health was increased to 125) but I already started taking damage just as level started (maybe I was standing on lava?) so I had 146 and then I decided to activate God Mode cheat to avoid dying and for unlimited jetpack. I remember that I had EDuke32's own HUD enabled like I usually do but the font was 1.3D, or rather the HRP 1.3D font, but the screen resolution was not set up correctly as the image looked a bit squashed and the numbers were a bit out of the screen. Funnily enough, yesterday I actually installed Quake 3 and messed around with screen resolution, so that's why this happened. I probably also had in mind a playthrough of LR&WB by Mikkel Frost Gaming because in his playthrough, he uses HRP (for textures only) and in few of his videos, his resolution wasn't set up correctly. Too bad he gave up on level 3 with the jungle. But still his other Duke3D playthroughs are better.
Anyway back to the dream, I don't remember much else but there was one weird thing happening in one of the "office" rooms with shits spawning on the floor. Oddly enough, even if you stepped on them, they would still respawn later and it was a room filled with them. The monsters could also step into them. That's all I remember. :dukeaffirmative:

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 26 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Forgot to say earlier but I had a weird dream last night where TerminX showed a graph with a progress of the Total Meltdown mod and it was going to be released in a couple of hours. The graph showed at first somewhere between 80-90% and then it showed 100.88% and 100.99% completed for some reason. That's all of Duke part I remember from the dream.

What is weird is that today TerminX actually showed a picture but it was about Bombshell prequel, not TM mod. :whistling:

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I think this kid had a dream that he was George Broussard pitching DNF to Take 2. :whistling:

Just had another Duke related dream. I was playing Duke Nukem 3D in DOSBox and I downloaded a custom episode. One of the levels was in same style as Fusion Station but it was HUGE, like the rooms were oversized. Anyway I remember taking down a lift and there were about 10 buttons (ALIENSWITCH texture) which shot with Octabrain blast projectile but thankfully they didn't hit me. Anyway I collected something, took the lift back and I continued mission. Then I reached a later part which was inside a red cave, in same style as the second half of The Abyss. I remember still having the pistol in hand but there were a lot of troopers and a Battlelord boss. I don't remember what happened after that except that I went to YouTube to see someone's else playthrough of that episode. That's all.

• Honored Donor

View PostFistMarine, on 12 March 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

The graph showed at first somewhere between 80-90% and then it showed 100.88% and 100.99% completed for some reason.

That's why the mod hasn't been released yet. It usually happens at 100%, but they skipped over that and missed the opportunity.

I had a weird dream last night. Firstly I saw some balloons in style of Duke Nukem (Like if it was from a theme park), then I saw Duke turning an octabrain into a balloon.

Attached Image: inflated octabrain sprite.png

• Honored Donor

I had a dream that Mike Norvak had leaked screenshots showing large areas of my CnC inspired AMC TC map. I also played the map and it was largely reconfigured in terms of landscape and building positions. It was also really, really hard! Loads of tanks everywhere and I kept dying in like 5 seconds.

Now I know how it feels to be a light infantry in CnC Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options