Duke4.net Forums: eDoomTC and my map converter - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eDoomTC and my map converter

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I think I done my converters :D
There are two programms: Wad2ART converter
You need launch it first, this programm extracting textures and sprites from wad file and making ART files with textures list for Wad2Map comverter.
Configuration for convert sprites from Wad I took DoomBuilder, therefore converter haven't information about Strife's sprites, It need to make cfg by hand.
Second programm: Wad2Map converter, where you need to specify the path to the textures list, and then programm making map file for Duke Nukem 3D
For source maps you can choose wad (UDMF of classic format) file or txt file (if map is in UDMF format)

Btw, Wad2Map v1.2 fixing bad sectors better then early versions.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by M210: 16 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

Micky C said:

Yeah looks like it's trying to do wall over wall in addition to room over room.

I agree that the converter seems to be trying to do that...the problem is that (in my opinion) the TROR feature needs to be able to use walls as TROR boundaries (what you're calling "wall over wall"), to be able to do what 3D floor sectors can do in ZDoom and such. (This ability would make TROR scissoring obsolete as well, which would be a definite plus.)

Micky C said:

The process I described earlier would theoretically work as the full area surrounding the platform would be extended.

Micky C said:

*snip* TROR extension process

What if a platform (like an elevator or somesuch) needs to rise/fall through where a boundary between TROR layers would have to go?

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 17 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

User is offline   Jamesfff 

The supplied Build exe recognizes the converted Heretic Art files, but the supplied eDuke doesn't!

User is offline   m210® 

View PostJamesfff, on 17 April 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

The supplied Build exe recognizes the converted Heretic Art files, but the supplied eDuke doesn't!

What do you mean?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostToiletDuck64, on 17 April 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

What if a platform (like an elevator or somesuch) needs to rise/fall through where a boundary between TROR layers would have to go?

Well obviously you can't do that with TROR. You can code a sprite elevator that will do it though.

I agree WOW would be very nice to have. Between it and TROR you'll be able to make almost any 3D geometry you'd want.

The TROR coder Helixhorned was even talking about adding it in at various points in the past, but it seems he's too busy to work on eduke32 these days. Hopefully that'll change in the future.

User is offline   Jamesfff 

View PostM210, on 18 April 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

What do you mean?

I successfully converted the art and level E1M1 from heretic.wad, and entered the level in the Mapster and EDuke sup[plied with the eDoom TC (after making sure the art was in the right place) and only Mapster recognized the art files and displayed the level correctly; eDuke didn't recognize the art files at all, using the Doom art files instead. Even placing the Heretic art files into a GRP and adding it to the commandline in the TC launcher didn't work.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options