Duke4.net Forums: eDoomTC and my map converter - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eDoomTC and my map converter

User is offline   m210® 

Hi all! Did you remember my DoomTC? :thumbsup: At last month I worked on map converter from Doom wad files to Duke3D and now I can said, that I completed work on this converter! My converter can make doom's maps almost without editing in mapster32, because my program also converting doors and another doom effects as lights etc. All converted map of Doom, Doom2, Doom2Plutonia and Doom2TNT I put it to my old DoomTC and you can play those maps too :) My converted understand Doom/Doom2 wad files and also Heretic wads and Hexen wads (geometry only, without textures) So, new eDoomTC includes 132 playable maps, launcher like as BloodCM launcher. Enemies was "almost" disabled, therefore this is a "turist" mod :(

I don't know, will this mod is interested to somebody, therefore I don't want to continue this mod. But anyway, this is a mod with 132 maps ;)

eDoomTC

So, I released this, and I can continue works with BloodCM now :D

Does this support things like 3D floors and slopes?

User is online   zykov eddy 

Holy crap, I thought it was cancelled! Downloading now

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 11 January 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

Does this support things like 3D floors and slopes?

I don't know nothing about doom's 3d floors therefore - no, converter doesn't supported it, classic maps only

View Postzykov eddy, on 11 January 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

Holy crap, I thought it was cancelled! Downloading now

I thinking so too xD But my Java programming learning give me an idea for write converter :thumbsup: It was very hard, because doom has a lot of unclosed sectors and a lot of "f@cking" sectors :)

It can successfully convert a map for Zdoom or Boom?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 January 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

It can successfully convert a map for Zdoom or Boom?

I don't tried, but maybe yes...some Boom's linedefs types not supported, but geometry must converting correctly

User is offline   Anvil 

View PostM210, on 11 January 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

I don't know, will this mod is interested to somebody, therefore I don't want to continue this mod.

I'm sure that many users, as myself, are interested in this mod.
I hope you will continue working on it.

i remember this from back in the days, but i shall give this updated version a try. i remember the old version, seemed to not work to well. enemies at the time were just sprites it seems

EDIT: so i was trying it out, and the enemies now move and stuff. but they don't seem to have sound playing for them

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 11 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 11 January 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

so i was trying it out, and the enemies now move and stuff. but they don't seem to have sound playing for them

Yes, I didnt work with enemies, only with maps, I just want present my converter at this stage :thumbsup:

View PostM210, on 11 January 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Yes, I didnt work with enemies, only with maps, I just want present my converter at this stage :thumbsup:

ah. well if i may say, it's pretty cool to be able to play Doom via EDuke. hope to see this thing completed with sounds and all the good stuff :) i remember way back that when i 1st saw this, enemies didn't move at all. but it's cool to see some progress on it. can't wait for the full 100% version

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks, maybe I will continue this mod :thumbsup:

View PostM210, on 11 January 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

I don't know nothing about doom's 3d floors therefore - no, converter doesn't supported it, classic maps only

http://zdoom.org/wik...ctor_Set3dFloor

That should explain pretty much all of it

Edit: Just to add to the video, each line on the control sector can have the 3D floor action applied to it, to use the same 3D floor for multiple sectors.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 12 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

I decided to give a little boost to the project. If you wants recreate the exact atmosphere, despite all, this fix will add the DOOM, DOOM II, Plutonia and TNT music, plus it adds all the map names. (Plutonia soundtrack comes from the unofficial MIDI Pack https://www.doomworl...i-pack-project/)

http://www.filedropp...ommusicmapnames

Just put the "Music" folder into "Data" and replace the User.con in \Data\cons

I also converted the two exclusive Xbox maps.

http://s000.tinyuplo...957107037427898

Btw, it is possible add "No Rest For The Living" to conversion options? Obviously for the purpose to add it as an episode.

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks for that:) I will see this maps

User is offline   Jamesfff 

I just tried to download this, and got a message saying "file does not exist".

View PostFantinaikos, on 13 January 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

I decided to give a little boost to the project. If you wants recreate the exact atmosphere, despite all, this fix will add the DOOM, DOOM II, Plutonia and TNT music, plus it adds all the map names. (Plutonia soundtrack comes from the unofficial MIDI Pack https://www.doomworl...i-pack-project/)

http://www.filedropp...ommusicmapnames

Just put the "Music" folder into "Data" and replace the User.con in \Data\cons

I also converted the two exclusive Xbox maps.

http://s000.tinyuplo...957107037427898

Btw, it is possible add "No Rest For The Living" to conversion options? Obviously for the purpose to add it as an episode.

View PostJamesfff, on 15 January 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

I just tried to download this, and got a message saying "file does not exist".

I don't see any problem, at the moment the pack it's still on Filedropper and not deleted.

User is offline   m210® 

Well, I think its need to update eDoomTC with those maps :thumbsup: I also will put mid files archive but I dont work with sound and music yet

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I updated eDoomTC...added just music and secret maps from xbox version of Doom (not tested)
Archive has 143mb size after music added o_O

xbox maps need launch as "user map"

Btw, it is possible add "No Rest For The Living" to conversion options?

Has this wad a different textures?

This post has been edited by M210: 20 January 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostM210, on 20 January 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

Ok, I updated eDoomTC...added just music and secret maps from xbox version of Doom (not tested)
Archive has 143mb size after music added o_O

xbox maps need launch as "user map"

Has this wad a different textures?

Probably, or at least a different assets of the standard ones since I already tried to convert it using the DOOM II option and some textures were misplaced or incorrect. I will send a PM to you about it.

User is offline   Anvil 

Can you provide an option to play this mod with enabled Duke enemies and weapons?

User is offline   m210® 

I added a textures and sprite lists for my converter, therefore you will can to make own version of maps with your textures association

This post has been edited by M210: 23 February 2016 - 02:18 AM

User is offline   m210® 

There is a new converter with textures list.
Syntax:
1. TEXTURE format: DOOM, DOOM2, PLUTONIA, TNT, HERETIC, HEXEN

2. FLAT TEXTURES CHUNK[TILEOFFSET]
{
DOOMTEXTURENAME TILENUM - TILEOFFSET
}

3. WALLTEXTURES CHUNK[TILEOFFSET]
{
DOOMTEXTURENAME TILENUM - TILEOFFSET
}
4. SPRITE CHUNK[TILEOFFSET]
{
DOOMTYPE: TILENUM - TILEOFFSET cstat: # lotag: # hitag: # z: #
}

z - is a offset from ceilingZ coordinate

Textures format is a WAD file format. This option for different skies on maps (DOOM has a 4 skies, DOOM2 - has a 3 skies)
PLUTONIA works as DOOM2, TNT has a some long textures, with that format converter calc offsets for this textures

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by M210: 23 February 2016 - 04:45 AM

I will literally pay you $100 USD to get this supporting UDMF (ZDoom) format maps and the added features that come with it. Not even joking.

User is offline   m210® 

Heh. So, I can try it :whistling:

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 12 January 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

http://zdoom.org/wik...ctor_Set3dFloor

That should explain pretty much all of it

Edit: Just to add to the video, each line on the control sector can have the 3D floor action applied to it, to use the same 3D floor for multiple sectors.

This makes Edukes 3d editing look like a nightmare.. Pain in the ass doing TROR in duke.

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 14 April 2016 - 01:08 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 12 April 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

This makes Edukes 3d editing look like a nightmare.. Pain in the ass doing TROR in duke.

Yeah, is it. And Im not sure, can I convert such 3D floor to eDukes TROR, but I will work under it.

Today I completed Wad2Art converter and We can convert wad maps with textures :D
Wad2Art converter making ART files with converted tiles to own palette file (for example Duke Nukem 3D palette) or without convert tiles and with making palette from wad file.
Also Wad2Art making textures list for Wad2Map converter.

I attached a example with Hexen's MAP08 with textures (converted to Duke3D palette), but without sprites yet.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.png

This post has been edited by M210: 14 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Progress... :D

It's requires additional sprites list for Wad2ART

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0003.png
  • Attached Image: capt0004.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So does it support UDMF maps?

3D floors to TROR might be a bit tricky but should be possible. E.g if you have some space below and above a 3D floor, just copy the whole thing, make the ceilings of the lower area flat, the same height, and lower it down. Then for the upper area make all the floors flat, the same height, and raise them up. Then add whatever information that mapster uses to know they're joined. I can see why it might not be worth the time invested though.

User is offline   m210® 

Yes, my converter support UDMF now and slope surfaces.
3D floors to TROR is possible if you are human, but for converter it's imposible :D Because neighboring sectors may be broken (slope surfaces exactly)

I tried make a TROR near 3D floor sectors, and I got almost a successful result, but walls of TROR are rendering with black textures, ROR texture also didn't got render skipping for thoose walls and player has clipping with it. I think, it will be possible, if walls with ROR textures will skipping by renderer and not clippable for objects.

Or second case, just make system as ZDoom :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah looks like it's trying to do wall over wall in addition to room over room. The process I described earlier would theoretically work as the full area surrounding the platform would be extended. But I'm sure it's almost impossible to code so that it works universally, automatically and glitch free.

In any case the user could just add the TROR in afterward. And there's plenty of cool level design you can do without TROR.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options