• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User interface tweaks

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

We discovered the basic feasibility of an interface overhaul which was the question I originally asked so this has been a success.

All that is required now is minimal work with the code and testing to determine what we discovered works in practice. While any further work will require time and effort this can be estimated. It will require new code being crafted for the interface and a little refactoring but on the scale of things this is a small project.

I note new topics suggesting completion of this task may be useful.

I'm really amazed at you guys. It's like you are terrified of your own codebase and panicked. Too much testosterone? :thumbsup: :)

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

View PostCultureShock, on 05 January 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

It will require new code being crafted for the interface and a little refactoring but on the scale of things this is a small project.

Posted Image

• Banned

I don't need photoshopped web grabs. I can take better selfies than this. :thumbsup:

I'll raise you denim mini-skirt and stockings and a pair of really cheap shoes. I'd go for a pair of heels jabbing your eye socket but there is a law against this.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The intervening factors will create a general determination of the necessary synergistic pattern resolutions and prevent later unmitigated dynamically generated dysmorphism.

User is offline   Mark 

huh

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: TS065.jpg

• Banned

I'm writing this off as men being men again. I think they're scared because they believe this task is burdensome and intractable but it's not really. I read an opinion Yvette Cooper in the newspaper and she said very similar about the Anglo-French issues with the immigration centre at Calais. Once you examine the practical problem and how the skills exist and have used in the past to resolve a difficulty you wonder what the fuss is about. Calais could be resolve be cooperation and I don't perceive this as being different to tensions between one side who favour how things are versus another side who are exploring how things might be. In between the two positions the gains to a successful resolution are being lost. As usual a woman is showing the men up and the men can't admit it.

I'm refusing to do all the work but I'm not pushing this either. This is an issue for the men to explore and discuss and understand. These things can take time. No, I'm not going to say men are dense. Men can appear dense but this is only because men have a lot of focused investment in the current scheme. When the men better perceive the benefits and can underrated how to travel between these two points this energy is what makes things happen. Men are good at this.

When you are ready boys! In your own time! :thumbsup:

• Evil Overlord

I'm writing this off as women being women again. I think they're scared because they believe this task is burdensome and intractable but it's not really. I read an opinion Yvette Cooper in the newspaper and she said very similar about the Anglo-French issues with the immigration centre at Calais. Once you examine the practical problem and how the skills exist and have used in the past to resolve a difficulty you wonder what the fuss is about. Calais could be resolve be cooperation and I don't perceive this as being different to tensions between one side who favour how things are versus another side who are exploring how things might be. In between the two positions the gains to a successful resolution are being lost. As usual a man is showing the women up and the women can't admit it.

I'm refusing to do all the work but I'm not pushing this either. This is an issue for the women to explore and discuss and understand. These things can take time. No, I'm not going to say women are dense. women can appear dense but this is only because women have a lot of focused investment in the current scheme. When the women better perceive the benefits and can underrated how to travel between these two points this energy is what makes things happen. Women are good at this.

When you are ready girls! In your own time!

• Banned

I was going to comment in the political correctness topic that one philosophical issue is you cannot prove something is true via logical correctness but you can prove an argument by inverting it and validating whether it is still logical. If the inverse is invalid the argument cannot be true.

I don't think you succeeded but this isn't why it was done was it? You're just trying to get me into a big snot. Hah. Not biting!

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCultureShock, on 09 January 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

I was going to comment in the political correctness topic that one philosophical issue is you cannot prove something is true via logical correctness but you can prove an argument by inverting it and validating whether it is still logical. If the inverse is invalid the argument cannot be true.

Another instance of throwing out technical terms that you don't truly understand. What you are talking about is neither the inverse nor the converse of a proposition, but rather a construction called the contrapositive.

None of which are what Mblackwell posted.

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 09 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Another instance of throwing out technical terms that you don't truly understand. What you are talking about is neither the inverse nor the converse of a proposition, but rather a construction called the contrapositive.

None of which are what Mblackwell posted.

You have been waiting your whole life to say that haven't you? Don't be so negative! You know what I mean.

I don't especially care because in any case mirroring is juvenile. It's just a long winded way of saying "nee ner nee ner". More to the point you haven't answered your own question. If you want to be more philosophical I understand the consensus is nobody is qualified to even define "should" so why ask this? In any case I can't answer this because only you can ask yourself whether you should or not.

When did your last slave die, huh?

There! *dusts hands* That showed them. :thumbsup:

• Evil Overlord

View PostCultureShock, on 09 January 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

More to the point you haven't answered your own question.

He didn't ask a question.

• Banned

You guys really puzzle me. I began by asking about feasibility and got nothing back. I persevered and did get at least enough of an answer I was looking for.

If you are hiding behind your fortress and are reactive and cherrypick what discussion elements you wish to remember then it's easy to be an expert in hindsight with feasibility studies and logic and the balance of questions and answers in discussion. Show me the money up front. This is all I have to say.

I'm not pushing it and I'm not taking the bait. I got the answer I was after.

• Banned

View PostMblackwell, on 10 January 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

So a different interface with more tools to help casual users would be relevant to this project how?

Please don't attempt to drag your other thread all over this board. Keep it OT.

I know I went on but you won't have to 'splain this to me. I just gave the topic exposure because I felt it was a natural tangential follow on. Actually, I'm going to row back from being snotty about this and accept it's likely not the best time when mappers are still working on this project. Perhaps when they are finished this topic might be picked up when they have time to properly explore and discuss this in the other sub forum?

This post has been edited by CultureShock: 10 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options