Duke4.net Forums: Weird playerview rapidly changes. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird playerview rapidly changes.  "In usermap "Retrospective"."

User is offline   Player Lin 

When I play and latest WoA mod(With r5400 debug build) and on level "Retrospective", I found a minor glitch about the player's view...

Just step the sector near the door(in inside of that room) and...damn...it goes crazy! It just up and down so rapidly(I guess?), make it looks like the screen is "shaking"... Tested with r4525 and r5400 normal without any mod and it happens.

I'm not sure if it's mapping error since it also happens on Megaton edition...since it just not affects the gameplay at all so...whatever. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 22 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The video is set to private.

Mblackwell, on 22 October 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

The video is set to private.

Oops, silly me...it should be working now...

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Player Lin, on 22 October 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'm not sure if it's mapping error since it also happens on Megaton edition...since it just not affects the gameplay at all so...whatever. :)

If it happens in the megaton edition, then we can say for sure that it's neither caused by the mod or eduke32. It's most likely a glitch that goes back to ancient times.

Trooper Dan, on 23 October 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

If it happens in the megaton edition, then we can say for sure that it's neither caused by the mod or eduke32. It's most likely a glitch that goes back to ancient times.

Hmm, I just lazy to test it with the original 1.5 exe with DOSBox but since it still a glitch...
I just wonder if it fixable or not, even it doesn't really needed to fix... :)

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Player Lin, on 22 October 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Just step the sector near the door(in inside of that room) and...damn...it goes crazy! It just up and down so rapidly(I guess?), make it looks like the screen is "shaking"...

That's due to the extreme slope of the ceiling of the door frame sector (#877). Try "sliding" your way slowly along one of its walls to see what I mean: the farther you move into the room, the more you get pushed downwards, even after the player point position is outside of that sector -- it's the bounding box that matters. The "shaking" is because the game applies various z position "tweaks" like clamping it to a certain range, and these fight with other z position assignments. A related issue is this one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options