Duke4.net Forums: interface 2D with 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

interface 2D with 3D

User is offline   baldaquin 

Hello
I'm french so excuse my language.
I find build and mapster not very convenient.
So I've written a build editor 2d with VB6.
It works pretty well, but I want to join it with the 3D part of mapster or build.
For doing specials things, like textures, height, etc........the 3D part is better.
I've found the source code on Ken's site, but I don't how to do it.
I would like to integrate the 3d part of build or mapster in my own program.
If you can help me.
Actually I do a shell of mapster within my program, but I thing it is too slow.
Thanks a lot.
CLaude

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

You won't be able to do it in VB6 without recoding things. Basically everything in fact. And it will be incredibly slow.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 10 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMblackwell, on May 10 2009, 09:11 AM, said:

You won't be able to do it in VB6 without recoding things. Basically everything in fact. And it will be incredibly slow.

You can execute code from a C library with VB, though... this is how stuff like Doom Builder works.

View Postbaldaquin, on May 10 2009, 07:24 PM, said:

I find build and mapster not very convenient.
So I've written a build editor 2d with VB6.

This is the same I've been doing for several recent years. Though, I prefered to make my own (first) 3D-engine, but it was a real pain in the ass for VB6 code, therefore LEBuild's 3D mode is slow as hell, on the other hand it's fully 6-DOF and portalless - that's exactly what I need.
Nevertheless, almost no one uses it seriously... I see no sense in making one more VB editor, so far as VB isn't a good choice for this. But I think that integrating GUI with Build Engine for 3D view would be cool anyway.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Isnt LeBuild completely in Russian thought?
That might have a bit to do with why no one uses it.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on May 11 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

Isnt LeBuild completely in Russian thought?

The latest (international) release is English, and all previous versions had two GUI languages, so here's no problem. Truly, the editor should be fully rewritten in C++ taking advantage of Build source code, otherwise... I doubt that there's another suitable way to make 2D and original 3D modes work together. But now I have no more time for this...

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 10 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh. I was mistaken then, I haven't used it since the first release. (Mainly because I didn't have a pc for a while.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options