• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostMicky C, on 26 July 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

This mod shall be called... the user map menu option Posted Image

Thinking about it, it should be trivial to accomplish through editing the USER.CON file (though there wouldn't be any in-game explanation for the change of setting)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Of course the maps in IM were edited so they can be linked together.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostNancsi, on 26 July 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

I'm still confused by the plans, how will "Crisis in Columbia" appear in the final game? Some said it's levels will be separated and will be added to new zones or whatever. IMHO it looks a good, compact mission on its own.

View PostEchelon5, on 26 July 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

Oh neat, I was under the impression that Crisis in Columbia was made specifically for the preview campaign, but that's cool we'll get to play through them again in a way in the final game. Dope!

TBH I also had the impression that the Preview Campaign features completely unique content, probably based on what TerminX said:

View PostTerminX, on 06 December 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

The demo is more like Half-Life: Uplink, but yeah, the content is more or less unique from the full version. At the very least it's assembled completely differently.

Although looking at this now, it makes sense as referring to edited levels from the full game reassembled in a different order.

However on a related note, I vaguely remember someone from the team mentioning plans for a demo that would be different from the preview campaign, or am I making things up here?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Its been confusing yeah. Probably still is, even internally. But all I know is that I'm using my own portions of the preview for my full game parts, definitely. There's a high chance others will do so too.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMrFlibble, on 27 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

However on a related note, I vaguely remember someone from the team mentioning plans for a demo that would be different from the preview campaign, or am I making things up here?

We're not planning any kind of demo beyond what full game purchasers have received as the Preview Campaign. In the age of Steam's instant purchases, downloads, and refunds, the Shareware Model is fully obsolete.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 July 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

In the age of Steam's instant purchases, downloads, and refunds, the Shareware Model is fully obsolete.

That's somewhat of a pity, but come to think of it, I guess my initial hopes of a unique episode in the vein of ROTT or HL: Uplink were highly unrealistic in the first place, considering the amount of effort put into every location — my only excuse is that I wasn't fully aware of the scope of the levels when asking that question back then :(

On a related note though, can you tell how much Ion Maiden's levels change during their development? I mean, once a level is in a more or less finished state, do major changes occur, or is it mostly tweaking? In other words, has it happened that a level started as one thing but then evolved into something else altogether? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm completely unfamiliar with how level design goes for FPS games.)

And on an unrelated note, I keep forgetting to ask who that officer (?) in spectacles is whose portrait can be found in the GDF HQ?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I bet there’ll be some interest in some kind of “the making of Ion Maiden” documentary.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

If it ever comes to that, we have a lot of material dating back to 2015. :(

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMrFlibble, on 28 July 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

And on an unrelated note, I keep forgetting to ask who that officer (?) in spectacles is whose portrait can be found in the GDF HQ?

Posted Image

User is offline   Master O 

View PostFox, on 28 July 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

Kinda looks like Dr. Proton from Duke Nukem.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMrFlibble, on 28 July 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

On a related note though, can you tell how much Ion Maiden's levels change during their development? I mean, once a level is in a more or less finished state, do major changes occur, or is it mostly tweaking? In other words, has it happened that a level started as one thing but then evolved into something else altogether? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm completely unfamiliar with how level design goes for FPS games.)

This is an old, unreleased screenshot/mock-up:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 28 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Very nice. I'm looking forward to playing through some large outdoor city areas.

I have a feeling the arena at the end of the preview is part of a bigger playable level. If you clip outside the playable area, there's an end-of-level trigger near the tunnel thing.

View PostMaster O, on 28 July 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Kinda looks like Dr. Proton from Duke Nukem.

That's the bad guy in Bombshell, Heskell or something. Several elements of the game are a pretty blatant rip off of the Duke Universe, such as the GDF instead of EDF etc, owing to the game literally starting off as a Duke game before the law suit. The Doctor Proton vibe is certainly intentional.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Will there be a Lame Maiden released at the anniversary of the game's final release? :(

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Will there be a dedicated multiplayer server, it will it be only through steam?

Also a request to create a branch of this forum dedicated specifically to Ion Maiden (with someone generously posting direct downloads for the maps in the steam workshop that those of us who purchased through 3DRealm can't access).

User is offline   Fox 

We haven't decided on anything about multiplayer yet.

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 July 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

Will there be a Lame Maiden released at the anniversary of the game's final release? :(

Maybe. Btw, the production title of the game was Project Washington.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

I love a strong female protagonist, big Buffy fan, but just really that sentence reminded me of one of the best Manowar songs. Woman... be my slave! "Pleasure Slave" by Manowar, some Conan style stuff, had Orson Welles on a couple tracks so you know they're classy. Not the intent of the post, but, Manowar and Iron Maiden have probably been on the same metal fest somewhere, so it's all connected.

(Don't click on this at work etc, has moaning at the beginning. It's a powerful piece. The definitive sex slave song quite frankly.)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 29 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFox, on 29 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Please add an easter egg where she has a manslave torture room.

User is offline   Hank 

@ Fox
This post was deleted on Steam. Why post this here?

User is offline   Fox 

It's funny

As someone who has not played Ion Maiden and has only seen video footage of it, the game does look like it's lacking in humor, though I'm sure that'll be fixed later on.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMaster O, on 30 July 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

As someone who has not played Ion Maiden and has only seen video footage of it, the game does look like it's lacking in humor, though I'm sure that'll be fixed later on.

Reevaluate your judgment when you play the game.

View PostHendricks266, on 30 July 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Reevaluate your judgment when you play the game.

I forgot to add that it was a preliminary judgment, so it definitely won't be my final judgment of Ion Maiden. Speaking of humor, are there going to be spoofs/references of the other build engine games in Ion Maiden?

This post has been edited by Master O: 30 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Play the game. :(

User is offline   NNC 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 29 July 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

I love a strong female protagonist, big Buffy fan, but just really that sentence reminded me of one of the best Manowar songs. Woman... be my slave! "Pleasure Slave" by Manowar, some Conan style stuff, had Orson Welles on a couple tracks so you know they're classy. Not the intent of the post, but, Manowar and Iron Maiden have probably been on the same metal fest somewhere, so it's all connected.

(Don't click on this at work etc, has moaning at the beginning. It's a powerful piece. The definitive sex slave song quite frankly.)

Manowar is one of the greatest metal bands ever, but Pleasure Slave is just pathetic. Both musically and lyrically.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMaster O, on 30 July 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I forgot to add that it was a preliminary judgment, so it definitely won't be my final judgment of Ion Maiden. Speaking of humor, are there going to be spoofs/references of the other build engine games in Ion Maiden?

Policemen are porcine. Or vice versa. :(

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNancsi, on 30 July 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Manowar is one of the greatest metal bands ever, but Pleasure Slave is just pathetic. Both musically and lyrically.

compared to?

User is offline   NNC 

Compared to every listenable songs.

User is offline   Mark 

Forge: The intro sounds like a Black Sabbath song. :(

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostHendricks266, on 30 July 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

Play the game. :(

I will, when it's fully done!

Question: When IM's development is done and it's released in its entirety, will Eduke32 support soon follow?

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options