• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

Get ready the birthday is coming

User is offline   MrFlibble 

So where's the birthday party? Dancing cultists and all?

User is offline   Hank 

^ probably on Discord or Twitter?

Happy Birthday Ion Fury.
Attached File  images1.jpg (7.52K)
Number of downloads: 3

best wishes to Voidpoint and its entire team

View PostHank, on 15 August 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

^ probably on Discord or Twitter?

So it's Discord now, and the forums no longer receive as much attention?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It's been discord for the past 2-3 years at this point. Most birthday related stuff has been shared on twitter, etc..
Forums are one medium where we also frequent, read and reply, but you will stay much better up to date by following discord.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMrFlibble, on 16 August 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

So it's Discord now, and the forums no longer receive as much attention?

As Oasiz wrote. Based on my past experience, Voidpoint is still high class. Try it. :)
It's not for me, at this moment in time. In this current environment of isolation and lack of human contact, and after (now month and month and month) of Zoom and Teamviewer, duke4 is the only media I can stomach.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Discord moves way too fucking fast, I'm happy not to have it in my life anymore. Forums are superior for me.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yeah, It's not for everyone. Largely a replacement for IRC though (it took some time!)
Since 3DR has no real forums, bulk of support happens on discord. Also while the roots are here, these are Duke forums after all and I don't think people would be too happy if Fury presence took over too much so we just stick with discord.

Having seen this in many communities, it's clear that Forums are on the decline, being replaced by discord and such. In this case it's better to build a specific (new) community on something that is the most accessible as that's frankly in our interest as well. When something is not reposted here, it's mostly that we are lazy. It's not like we have posted any news here to begin with since we are lazy.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMrFlibble, on 15 August 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

So where's the birthday party? Dancing cultists and all?

Here ya go MrFlibble

Posted Image

From Davox on Twitter, 15 Aug. 2020. Looks like you and he had the same idea :)
https://twitter.com/...649920935333894

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 August 2020 - 08:04 AM

User is offline   Hank 

A sprite and sound replacer for the Disperser shotgun/grenade launcher combo in Ion Fury; by YijArt
Posted Image

Download link
https://www.indiedb....ons/ion-shotgun

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostHank, on 19 August 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

A sprite and sound replacer for the Disperser shotgun/grenade launcher combo in Ion Fury; by YijArt
Posted Image

Download link
https://www.indiedb....ons/ion-shotgun

Bitchin'. Thanks man!

His stuff Always looks like it just belongs in the game
great job

View PostHank, on 17 August 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

From Davox on Twitter, 15 Aug. 2020. Looks like you and he had the same idea :)
https://twitter.com/...649920935333894

I was hoping for some extra dancing animations for them, actually :o

So this is the new overpaint of Shelly's sprite from v1.1? Very nice! Much better than the old one, and has this retro look.

User is offline   Fauch 

so updates break saves? :)

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFauch, on 22 August 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

so updates break saves? :)

Yup, it should place you at the start of the level with your stuff if you load an old save. This shouldn't be as much of a problem going forward now though.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

My body is ready for the first replay.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yeah, saves in build games is more closer to an emulator save state due to the nature of the game.
When you save, it practically saves the state of the map with all of the variables and script state. It expects to resume where you left off.
This is way more than a typical game does but that's the nature of things when "everything is dynamic".

For Fury's initial release we went with the next best option that saves your progress but puts you back at the last "point of no return" transition to guarantee that there is no backtracking possibilities.
You lose map specific progress but it tries to put you on the last possible safe checkpoint instead.

Terminx managed to de-couple the scripting in a way that slots in new functions from a new script file to safely overwrite the old.
This should allow easier patching as things go on. One of the reasons why 1.1 was so delayed in the end since it was made a bigger one instead of many smaller ones that would break saves many times over.

I just checked GOG, it still gives me the old v1.02. Any idea when v1.1 comes?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMrFlibble, on 24 August 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I just checked GOG, it still gives me the old v1.02. Any idea when v1.1 comes?

Whenever the staff at GOG process the file, it's been sent to them.

Thanks for clarifying this!

What about the unintentionally reachable off-limits area in Cultural Divide I mentioned earlier? Has it been changed? Or did I fail to figure something out and it's a legit place for the player to access?

they must be busy with Cyberpunk

• The Truth is in here

Fingers crossed for the 3DR download version not to be forgotten again.

User is offline   Hank 

^ Not sure here, the latest update is not on 3DR's website? I can't confirm it either way.
My login was/is blocked; tried to reset password, was reset, still unable to get into my account. Sure, you can try to get it solved via their hello email, but why waste their and my time? I’m done doing business with them.

It is less frustrating getting the Steam Version. You want something that Voidpoint has somewhat control over it, and get service and answers? Buy another copy on Steam.

• The Truth is in here

3DR still has 1.02 in the download section. I guess soon I'll have to go to TX again to beg for the update. :)

User is offline   Fauch 

I dunno how most games do saves, but for my own save system it saves almost the whole map too, and when I make changes to a map, sometimes it breaks old saves, when I load them objects end up in random positions.

View PostHank, on 26 August 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

It is less frustrating getting the Steam Version. You want something that Voidpoint has somewhat control over it, and get service and answers? Buy another copy on Steam.

I have a copy on Steam -- actually this is the one I pre-ordered first, before the IF pre-order was available from GOG. It's just that I'm not using Steam much, and cling to the idea of playing DRM games being a good thing.

User is online   FistMarine 

Pardon for my stupid question but I haven't seen this answered anywhere and I don't see people talking about it. Apparently there exists a recently released physical DVD copy of the game and I plan to finally get the game and play through it after a whole year since it was initially released, as 2019 was a busy year for me and I think now is the perfect time to play through the game.

The question is: Does that DVD copy require a Steam account in order to play the game or is the game also included DRM free on the CD/DVD? I have missed on the boxed copies and plan to buy the DVD copy of the game but if it's steam only, that's fine, there is also the option to buy from GOG.

Also haven't posted on the topic before and as I said I'm a year late but anyway from what I watched on YouTube, the game looks fantastic! Good job on everyone working on it! I dig the art style and level design, it looks on par (if not better) than the holy trinity of BUILD Engine Games! (Duke3D, Blood, SW) :)

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 27 August 2020 - 01:42 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Remember that even on steam version the assets are identical, only .exe changes. You can just drop eduke32.exe (or compile your own with FURY=1) and your experience won't be any different from drm-free versions.

So if I use the current eduke32 build with 1.02 data I get the up-to-date gameplay fixes then?

BTW, is there a full 1.1 changelog anywhere, did I miss that one? I remember something being mentioned about the overpainted sprites and smoother mouselook but I forgot where (Steam pages perhaps?).

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Not necessarily, you wouldn't get the fixes done in CON code (which I would think are significant)

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options